napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Does anybody workout sick!!

ddlapt

Why do I feel guilty for not working out sick? I worked out arms about two days ago when I felt like shit. It went pretty good but man, the next few days I felt like shit. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just stay home?

This is purely opinion bro but I've done the same thing. Felt like shit, went anyway... felt worse and ended up feeling like ass longer than if I'd have stayed in bed. If I were you, I'd rest rather than force it. Everyone is different and if you can't live with yourself for missing a couple days, I guess you gotta try it. I think you know though... give your body the rest it needs. Health is more important than anything else.

Just be curtious and stay home instead of getting everyone at the gym sick. Or do some workouts at home

Just be curtious and stay home instead of getting everyone at the gym sick. Or do some workouts at home
thats a very good point... i used to go to the gym all the time when i was sick and then i realized i was a huge hypocrite that was bitching about others getting me sick... not to mention, on top of that, you are seriously hindering yourself at the same time... now, i literally take advantage of the time to heal and to rest

Why do I feel guilty for not working out sick? I worked out arms about two days ago when I felt like shit. It went pretty good but man, the next few days I felt like shit. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just stay home?
I don't ever feel bad for missing if I'm sick or not feeling right for whatever reason. I just listen to my body. Our body is often times trying to tell us something that our mind doesn't want to hear, but our bodies know what's best for it. This goes for when you need an extra rest day, a deload, week off, when you're sick, hurt, etc.

ALWAYS listen to your body

I don't ever feel bad for missing if I'm sick or not feeling right for whatever reason. I just listen to my body. Our body is often times trying to tell us something that our mind doesn't want to hear, but our bodies know what's best for it. This goes for when you need an extra rest day, a deload, week off, when you're sick, hurt, etc.

i used to feel bad about missing but then i realized i felt far worse by actually going when i was sick...

This is some of the best advice I've read in a very long time. Trust your body, if you feel like you can hit the gym then go lift, however if you feel as if you need a day off to recuperate then take a rest day. Trust your instincts.

This is some of the best advice I've read in a very long time. Trust your body, if you feel like you can hit the gym then go lift, however if you feel as if you need a day off to recuperate then take a rest day. Trust your instincts.

Absolutely right... most of the time your first instinct is the right one and when you start searching and begging for justification, its generally not a good idea

I would say no do not go to the gym while sick ur just spreading our germs to everyone else and not to mention your body is more concerned with fighting off whatever is making u sick then building muscle. I usually go by the rule if your sick from the neck up then it's ok to workout out long as u feel your body has gotten over the worst of it. I'm sick right now and havnt been to gym in almost a week it sucks but something we all gotta deal with this time of year.

I would say no do not go to the gym while sick ur just spreading our germs to everyone else and not to mention your body is more concerned with fighting off whatever is making u sick then building muscle. I usually go by the rule if your sick from the neck up then it's ok to workout out long as u feel your body has gotten over the worst of it. I'm sick right now and havnt been to gym in almost a week it sucks but something we all gotta deal with this time of year.
well said bro and yes, its that time of the year.. anytime the seasons change you have to be on guard...

I am going on about a week with no gym myself. Feeling a lot better though!! Thanks everyone for the advice. Can't wait to get back in there!!

Probably the guilt of knowing you spread infectious germs for somebody else to unsuspectingly share ate you up.

Top Bottom