napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet and Nutrition basics 101

Thanks RickRock, definitely going to keep it as clean as possible for sure.

If you don't want to learn how to track macros properly, I agree with RickRock. Just try to eat clean, "bro meals" at every sitting. It works for most but gets completely monotonous.

If you don't want to learn how to track macros properly, I agree with RickRock. Just try to eat clean, "bro meals" at every sitting. It works for most but gets completely monotonous.

Thanks, the goal is to learn how to do this, I'm sure over time it will get easier, right now just seems tough, with this amount of protein, carbs, fats sugars in this, and this many in that. I'm sure it will get easier as I mainly eat the same stuff through a week or so, so just getting down each food and what it contains will get easier over the course.

Thanks, the goal is to learn how to do this, I'm sure over time it will get easier, right now just seems tough, with this amount of protein, carbs, fats sugars in this, and this many in that. I'm sure it will get easier as I mainly eat the same stuff through a week or so, so just getting down each food and what it contains will get easier over the course.

It does get much easier over time. It becomes habit and second nature, and eventually gets to a point where you really don't even need to track things when you know your daily meal plan and the amounts so well

It does get much easier over time. It becomes habit and second nature, and eventually gets to a point where you really don't even need to track things when you know your daily meal plan and the amounts so well
I don't even think about it anymore. Usually the same breakfast, same lunch, same prewo shake. Only thing that changes are my dinner and my pre-bed meal. I like to keep it rather simple :).

Agreed, it does get easier over time and becomes second nature. It's amazing how much my idea of what a "good diet" is changed after learning to track macros, food and serving sizes. Tracking macros allowed me to better understand how my body responds to certain caloric intakes/macro splits...pretty much like a science experiment. It was a bit time consuming in the beginning, but now I can log my food on fitness pal in less than 2 minutes. It has become second nature now.

My fitness pal app is a game changer that I discovered thanks to this forum. Even I figured it out and it tracks everything - I'm all over my iPad now with all my OCD in full force!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are you guys doing your cardio for carb back loading? In morning or before lifting weights or after lifting weights? I heard so many different options. Which do you guys find to be the best for this type of diet. Didn't you do this diet Dylan? How did it work for you?

I personally feel cardio either first the in the morning while fasted or post workout would be best. Some studies show cardio to have a greater fat burning effect when you're depleted of glycogen.

I personally feel cardio either first the in the morning while fasted or post workout would be best. Some studies show cardio to have a greater fat burning effect when you're depleted of glycogen.
Thats what I've always done personally. I tend to knock it out and just feel better getting it done first thing in the morning. Kickstarts my day..

Phurious Pharma Rep
[email protected]
5% Discount Code: MP5

Ok thx guys. Ima start that way then I heard working out before depleted glycogen. So why wouldn't you save that for lifting. How do you guys warm up before lifting just stretching or just a walk for 5 minutes on treadmill like at 2.0 so you don't burn up before lifting? How are you guys working abs? In morning to?

Ok thx guys. Ima start that way then I heard working out before depleted glycogen. So why wouldn't you save that for lifting. How do you guys warm up before lifting just stretching or just a walk for 5 minutes on treadmill like at 2.0 so you don't burn up before lifting? How are you guys working abs? In morning to?

I rarely train abs directly. I warm up by walking into the gym and hitting some warm up sets. That's about it.

How are you guys doing your cardio for carb back loading? In morning or before lifting weights or after lifting weights? I heard so many different options. Which do you guys find to be the best for this type of diet. Didn't you do this diet Dylan? How did it work for you?

I don't do carb back loading and I also do my cardio on days I don't lift, since my lifting days are just three days per week

You don't ever want to stretch before lifting. Stretch afterwards. Warming up with lighter weight is the way to do it to work up to your working sets.

As for ab work I do that in my cardio days

You don't ever want to stretch before lifting. Stretch afterwards. Warming up with lighter weight is the way to do it to work up to your working sets.

As for ab work I do that in my cardio days
Stretching before is bad, but a few mobility drills without forced stretching can help for some. Definitely stretch afterwards if you're going to incorporate some form of static or forced stretching.

Going to have give this thread a skim through... Just found out I'm pre diabetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom