napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet and Nutrition basics 101

I'm currently at 220 and looking to bulk and gain a pound a week and keep body fat down the best way possible any insights on how to go about this?

I'm currently at 220 and looking to bulk and gain a pound a week and keep body fat down the best way possible any insights on how to go about this?

I think a pound a week during a bulk is a little excessive unless you are on anabolics. I generally tell people to aim for about 0.25 to 0.5 lb per week if you want to keep it lean. The other part of that is to make sure you have a good macro ratio. Don't let carbs or fats get terribly high.

I think a pound a week during a bulk is a little excessive unless you are on anabolics. I generally tell people to aim for about 0.25 to 0.5 lb per week if you want to keep it lean. The other part of that is to make sure you have a good macro ratio. Don't let carbs or fats get terribly high.

Absolutely nailed it. If you're natural, 1/4-1/2 a lb a week is spot on.

This is a great article. Important information all in one place... Thanks for putting this together.
I'm glad you enjoy the info bro. Thanks for the feedback

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Officially #1 ranking favourite post of mine in this forum. When an open forum platform about AAS and sarms has a Sticky note on the very top about nutrition - you know they mean business.

Thanks for this piece, brother!

Last edited:
Officially #1 ranking favourite post of mine in this forum. When a open forum platform about AAS and sarms has a Sticky note on the very top about nutrition - you know they mean business.

Thanks for this piece, brother!

Coming from you that really means a lot to me.....truly....considering you do such incredible informative write ups yourself. Thank you for the kind words, my friend! We certainly do mean business here, and prioritize things in order of importance here with safety and diet being right at the top!

Do you count proteins coming from vegetables and carb sources like oats, rice, pasta as macro? I haven't been but it wold be really good if counted lol

Do you count proteins coming from vegetables and carb sources like oats, rice, pasta as macro? I haven't been but it wold be really good if counted lol

Yes. People will argue that these are not complete proteins, however, you CONSTANTLY have complete sources of protein being digested since we consume adequate amounts of protein from other sources. These foods will be broken down together, thus adding the amino acids needed to complete the structure.

So, yes. Count everything :).

I recommend counting every single macro in the food you consume. I look at fibrous carbs from vegetables the same way. Some people don't like to count those either

Thanks for answers guys I'll count everthing :) Here's another one, when recomping with 250 deficit (on lgd and s4) should i take simple sugar after workout?

@rickrock what's your take on cheat day / meal ? I've been on cycle for 3 weeks now on a cut & sticking to my cals & macro goals for a month now , you can imagine my taste buds are screaming cravings for a ton of stuff .

I was thinking on taking a day break from counting anything & get everything I crave for .

So how would that affect my progress ? Some people do recommend it & others don't what do you think ?

@rickrock what's your take on cheat day / meal ? I've been on cycle for 3 weeks now on a cut & sticking to my cals & macro goals for a month now , you can imagine my taste buds are screaming cravings for a ton of stuff .

I was thinking on taking a day break from counting anything & get everything I crave for .

So how would that affect my progress ? Some people do recommend it & others don't what do you think ?

I know you're directing this toward RR, but I'll give you my input... I did this a couple weeks ago. Went all out. Recorded everything afterward and hit roughly 6500 calories that day. Scale went up half a pound for one day and returned to baseline. It's when we CONSISTENTLY overeat like a nut that we run into problems. All in moderation.

Top Bottom