napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Can I get some info on AICAR?

Hey maybe we can get a mod to move this over to the SARMS and Peptides section since I think having this land in the Source forum is outta place.

Introduction

AICAR is a peptide which is an intermediate within the generation of inosine monophosphate and directly related to metabolic regulation. The most important mechanism that AICAR is known for is its ability to block enzymes both intracellular and extracellular which in turn allows for an accelerated stimulation of glucose uptake and increase protein kinases in skeletal muscle tissue. These two functions allow for more energy conversion which helps burn fat and also sustain output in activity. This is what scientists and athletes/bodybuilders are of course interested in but there are some amazing side effects. AICAR has been shown to protect against ischemic injury. This type of injury is directly related to the restriction of blood to tissues, which can in turn cause insufficient amounts of oxygen and glucose needed to keep the tissue alive. This can lead to thrombosis, embolisms, and vasoconstriction. AICAR can be used as a stabilizing peptide for Ischemic episode and allow for proper blood flow to the myocardium. This function is very interesting as AICAR could be a fundamentally used to treat the heart muscle in the aftermath of a heart attack to reduce the possibility for ischemic injuries. Abnormal growths of heart tissues and heart valve function have also been noticed to have been altered in animal studies that used the peptide AICAR which is a downside.

AICAR in action
AICAR uses metabolic pathways to block certain enzymes to allow for AMP-activated protein kinase. This can be explained to the layperson as simple tricking the body at a cellular level in to thinking that exercise has just been preformed upon taking a substantial amount of AICAR. This is important since the body thinks it has just done a considerable amount of exercise the energy cycle at the cellular level to start converting fuel sources like fatty acids to output the energy in that was thought to have been put into motion. This can have a direct effect on the level on performing endurance activity and the sustainability of that activity. Insulin sensitivity is also noted to be once action that AICAR produces as the body will think it just went through a series of exercises. Interesting though in animal studies with obese mice showed AICAR providing all of the peptides benefits for obese diet induced mice yet the healthy lean mice did not reap any of the benefits of insulin sensitivity or increase in glucose uptake. That being said the application in bodybuilding does not seem very suitable as these mechanisms are targeted for the out of shape over weight and if you are not a top level endurance athlete I just do not see the reason for using AICAR. A much better option would be GW-50156 as this compound is readily activated by exercise so the need to work out or cardio would be an incentive.

Dosage and Usage
Here is where AICAR becomes a pipe dream for anyone who is not a top level endurance athlete or bodybuilder. The amount dosage recommended to achieve the benefits from the peptide must be dosed around 500mg per kilo of body weight. A gram alone can cost $100 or more so single dosages for humans could be well in to the several hundreds of dollars! Some say that this can be circumvented by stacking with GW-50156 but still you are going to be spending a lot of money for perhaps little to no result if you are not dosing high enough. Yes, the peptide AICAR has amazing properties some which even show the slowing of growth in cancer cells but for the average athlete this has no basis in a day to day regiment. GW-50156 has shown to provide with adequate exercise more than enough results as an Activated Receptor d agonists (PPARd) and it is cost effective for everyone.

Side Effects
The most concerning side effects from AICAR are the direct effects it has on your heart. It can cause enlarged growth in cardiac tissue and effect blood flow which in turn could also affect the flow of blood to a person’s brain. It has also been noted that defects of heart valves may also be cause of the peptide AICAR. The heart is the most important muscle in the entire body and the last thing anyone wants to do is treat it badly. Some logs indicated extreme loose bowls, dry mouth, and lack of hunger.

Conclusion
For the cost and the potential side effects the peptide AICAR has no real use in sports or bodybuilding world. It is touted as exercise in a bottle but most athletes don’t want to sit around and do nothing they actually enjoy being active and staying fit. This is why GW-50156 is by far the more superior PPARd as it is activated by exercise and has many of the same benefits that AICAR does without the extremely nasty sides. Unless you are a professional endurance athlete with the dollars to spend and need the very small edge over competition there is very little reason that AICAR needs to be in a stack or ran alone for the average competitor or athlete.

References:
Obesity in mice
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20844264
Regarding ischemia
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22324445
Cancer cell growth inhibited by AICAR
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0005272810007899

btw just wanted to note that I will be looking at doing all of these peptide articles over again for next year so we can touch on the more in depth parts of each peptide.

@keto tell me your goals and I will let you know my thoughts about stacking with GW.

Thanks stretch...

Yes, could a mod move this? I put it in the wrong section :(

Good info...

Goals:
I was thinking of stacking AICAR with GW. I am an amateur (wannabe) cyclist :)
(approx 200-250 miles per week)

I am also an amateur cyclist and avid weekend warrior. For us the dosage and cost of running AICAR is just not worth it brother. If you got the funds and want to take your cycling to the next level run EPO. Hands down the bread and butter PED of the cycling world. The only reason AICAR was used by cyclist was to step around EPO controls and testing. Pros have also been known to use Xenon gas to boost endurance but the price point for people like you and me its just not worth it.

GW is amazing compound for cycling. I have found it increases my cardio output and duration also builds extremely lean muscle and burns fat like nothing I have ever taken. And I'm a light weight so I dont have any fat on my body hardly and when cycling with GW I really lean out and you can see every muscle and every vein.

To me a better choice would be run GW 20mg a day once daily, a trt dose of Test around 100mg-200mg depending on how you may hold water. Because cycling is such a taxing endurance activity I find the my E levels already drop from all the activity along with T levels so it is good to have some Test in the mix to keep T levels up which make my mind and body feel good. Not to mention helping with my recovery as well.
I would like to try stacking GW with SR9009 - I hear it has also had some really promising results also GW with RAD. All of these are much better choice than AICAR. If you wann be fast as hell just keep training and forget AICAR. Again for the price I would spend the money on EPO all day plus EPO last for months - AICAR half life is very short.

25mg vial. Mix with 3ml water. Sub q 1ml every other day one hour before your ride. That will last 6 days. Even though the half life is very short, you do not want to inject it any sooner than 1 hour before the ride. You will risk sweating it out.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I totally agree with stretch. Low dose test, GW...... EPO if you really want to maximize it. I like tb500, Test, GH also for recovery but you are getting very expensive with the tb and GH. Test costs very little. GW is pretty inexpensive also.

Today I started PE GW and SR9009. It will be stacked with Low dose test, Low dose Bold Ace, Low dose NPP, and EPO. I will keep you posted on it. I have AICAR and will add it on the last half of the cycle.

Interesting you are using the TB500 as a recovery tool. What has been your experience so far with it?
It's good stuff. You actually turned me on to the source 6 or so in the ago. Private guy. Expensive as he'll but I like the results. It definitely helps with recovery.

For the amount of AICAR that you would need for it to be at all effective, it would cost you a small fortune. Some well established bicyclists have used it and gotten in trouble when tested for races. Overall, I would say that it's not worth the money.

Research shows the most effective does of AICAR for people is around 500mgs/kg of body weight. With the cost of pure AICAR running around $100/gram, that can make even one dose run several hundred dollars.
Aicar is all over professional cycling. It is one of the few that is undetectable. No one is using the types of doses you present. I've read the same article. The dose I laid out is the standard dose. I got it directly from a doctor that is the doctor of many World Tour(NFL of cycling) riders and is the doc of 2 of the top 10 riders in the world. The protocol that I gave you is what the best in the world are taking.

Aicar is all over professional cycling. It is one of the few that is undetectable. No one is using the types of doses you present. I've read the same article. The dose I laid out is the standard dose. I got it directly from a doctor that is the doctor of many World Tour(NFL of cycling) riders and is the doc of 2 of the top 10 riders in the world. The protocol that I gave you is what the best in the world are taking.

Like I said, I was only going by research. I've never used it, nor do I know people who have. It just seems like a waste to me. You may be completely right.

Thanks for the input Iwannagofaster and sweetnspicy and stretch512 !!!

Does PE carry AICAR? If not any reputable places you know of?

What about TB500?

I think AICAR/TB500 would be great with GW, S4, SR9009 -- (for cyclists)

I am not gonna do EPO :(

Top Bottom