Hammer Strength rows (per side)
90x12 115x8 135x8 160×8
Pull down (wide grip)
160x8 180x8 190x6
BB curls
45x12 65x8 70x8 75x8
DB hammer curls
30x8 35x8 40x8

Felt really good tonight. Hadn't deadlifted in a while so I took it easy. Made sure that form was good. I was reminded why the deadlift is the best whole body exercise lol. Looking forward to legs tomorrow night and hitting shoulders on Saturday. Ran into the king of the gym tonight haha but I'm really liking this new workout can't wait for more.

Weight was 169.8 tonight. I will not be stepping on the scale until Feb 1. I get too obsessed with that number. I just kind of fell into the habbit of weighing every day. Right now I'm just going to focus on training and eating. The size will come.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Day 5

Back and biceps
Deadlift 135x12 225x8 275x8 295x8 315x7
Hammer Strength rows (per side)
90x12 115x8 135x8 160×8
Pull down (wide grip)
160x8 180x8 190x6
BB curls
45x12 65x8 70x8 75x8
DB hammer curls
30x8 35x8 40x8

Felt really good tonight. Hadn't deadlifted in a while so I took it easy. Made sure that form was good. I was reminded why the deadlift is the best whole body exercise lol. Looking forward to legs tomorrow night and hitting shoulders on Saturday. Ran into the king of the gym tonight haha but I'm really liking this new workout can't wait for more.

Weight was 169.8 tonight. I will not be stepping on the scale until Feb 1. I get too obsessed with that number. I just kind of fell into the habbit of weighing every day. Right now I'm just going to focus on training and eating. The size will come.

Nice numbers and nice workout brother! I like the heavy weights and lower rep ranges. Similar to how I lift

It was nice seeing you in there this afternoon. I've found my new home with these afternoon workouts. I dont feel rushed, and I have a lot of energy and carbs in me being 4 meals deep for the day. I have quite a few friends that lift then too so theres always some guys around to help push and motivate me, and a spot when i need it. I'll be in there tomorrow after work hitting legs too, so I'll see you then bud!

Last edited:
Day 6

Legs
Leg press: (320x10) 500x8x2 550x8 590x8
Squats: (135x10) 225x8x3 245x8x2 275x8
10 sets compound
Single leg curls: (30x10) 35x8 40x8 50x8
Leg extensions: 120x8 140x8 150x8
6 sets single joint

Little bit of a rough workout. I'm supposed to have a rest day in between back and legs but this week is screwed up because the holiday. Oh well nothing a bit of determination won't get you through lol. Really going to feel this one tomorrow I'm sure. Plan is to hit shoulders and abs and rest on Sunday. It's almost time to prepare for week 2 and increased volume.

Quick one for CC when you see this. Did I get the volume on the single joints right or was it 6 for quad and 6 for hamstrings?

Once again everyone thanks for following along and providing support.

Day 6

Legs
Leg press: (320x10) 500x8x2 550x8 590x8
Squats: (135x10) 225x8x3 245x8x2 275x8
10 sets compound
Single leg curls: (30x10) 35x8 40x8 50x8
Leg extensions: 120x8 140x8 150x8
6 sets single joint

Little bit of a rough workout. I'm supposed to have a rest day in between back and legs but this week is screwed up because the holiday. Oh well nothing a bit of determination won't get you through lol. Really going to feel this one tomorrow I'm sure. Plan is to hit shoulders and abs and rest on Sunday. It's almost time to prepare for week 2 and increased volume.

Quick one for CC when you see this. Did I get the volume on the single joints right or was it 6 for quad and 6 for hamstrings?

Once again everyone thanks for following along and providing support.

6 sets for single joint exercises Total! You got it right brother!! Your doing really good keep killing it!!!

So, are you doing high frequency lower volume training now bro? That's been my main go to style of training Obvioulsy, though I do switch it up with normal bodybuilding splits time to time. I respond really well to high frequency low volume. Works great for me

How exactly is your split set up?

I see CC has been helping you with a routine, and thats awesome. You're in great hands there!

So, are you doing high frequency lower volume training now bro? That's been my main go to style of training Obvioulsy, though I do switch it up with normal bodybuilding splits time to time. I respond really well to high frequency low volume. Works great for me

How exactly is your split set up?

I see CC has been helping you with a routine, and thats awesome. You're in great hands there!

With each week the volume increases. So this week is 10 sets compound lifts and 6 sets single joint. Next week it bumps to 12 and 8.Also next week rep range increases from 6-8 to 8-12 if I remember correctly. A few other items that vary each week as well. One set on the compound is to failure. Next week it's 2 sets to failure.

Split is chest triceps calves, back and biceps, legs and then shoulders and abs.

Yeah CC set me up with the whole thing based on my number of days available and stuff like that. He can correct if I got any of it wrong since I'm kinda new to it. But I can really tell it's a great change and I should be able to get some great results from it

With each week the volume increases. So this week is 10 sets compound lifts and 6 sets single joint. Next week it bumps to 12 and 8.Also next week rep range increases from 6-8 to 8-12 if I remember correctly. A few other items that vary each week as well. One set on the compound is to failure. Next week it's 2 sets to failure.

Split is chest triceps calves, back and biceps, legs and then shoulders and abs.

Yeah CC set me up with the whole thing based on my number of days available and stuff like that. He can correct if I got any of it wrong since I'm kinda new to it. But I can really tell it's a great change and I should be able to get some great results from it

Nice! It's always good to switch things up time to time. I had quite a while on my current program (over two months anyways) so after my deload week off last week between the holidays, I started a higher volume normal bodypart split on Tuesday. I'm going to give that a go for a little while and incorporate some other things like drop sets, etc, for the rest of this cycle and possibly into spring at least before I go back to low volume he frequency training again.

I've found that No matter how you train, you always need to switch things up to keep from stalling out and to keep progressing

You got it AP. I use a hybrid periodized program that incorporates Daily Undulating, linear and reverse linear periodization.
The program AP is doing is a basic program the progressively overloads by manipulating two variables sets and reps. AP was doing sets of 5 reps with 12-13 sets. So after a deload I started him a little bit higher with a total of 16 sets, 10 sets compound and 6 single joint and 6-8 reps so he can have an overload from the start. Over 4 weeks the sets and reps will increase with AP overreaching on week 4 and then deload and collect data.

Nice! It's always good to switch things up time to time. I had quite a while on my current program (over two months anyways) so after my deload week off last week between the holidays, I started a higher volume normal bodypart split on Tuesday. I'm going to give that a go for a little while and incorporate some other things like drop sets, etc, for the rest of this cycle and possibly into spring at least before I go back to low volume he frequency training again.

I've found that No matter how you train, you always need to switch things up to keep from stalling out and to keep progressing

This is the truth!!! Agree 100%!!!

You got it AP. I use a hybrid periodized program that incorporates Daily Undulating, linear and reverse linear periodization.
The program AP is doing is a basic program the progressively overloads by manipulating two variables sets and reps. AP was doing sets of 5 reps with 12-13 sets. So after a deload I started him a little bit higher with a total of 16 sets, 10 sets compound and 6 single joint and 6-8 reps so he can have an overload from the start. Over 4 weeks the sets and reps will increase with AP overreaching on week 4 and then deload and collect data.

It's a very nice and interesting program. I like the concept. I do similar things except my progressive overload comes in the form of increasing weights or reps each workout.

Since the volume increases, and the reps increase, does the weight remain the same? I'm as,ing this because as you know...if you increase reps, you cannot realisitically increase weight if you are working anywhere close to failure

It's a very nice and interesting program. I like the concept. I do similar things except my progressive overload comes in the form of increasing weights or reps each workout.

Since the volume increases, and the reps increase, does the weight remain the same? I'm as,ing this because as you know...if you increase reps, you cannot realisitically increase weight if you are working anywhere close to failure

In the long term or over a macrocycle the amount of weight use for more will increase!

Day 7

Shoulders and abs
Seated OHP: (95x12) 115x8 135x8x2 140x8 145x7 155x6(failure)
Smith machine upright row: 95x8 115x8 135x8 145x7
10 sets compound
Smith machine shrugs: 185x8 225x8 245x8
3 sets traps
Db Rear delt fly: 20x8 25x8 30x8
Lateral raise: 12.5x8 15x8 20x8
6 sets single joint
Weighted crunch machine: 170x8 185x8 190x8
Hanging leg raise: 8 reps 3 sets
6 sets abs

Have to say I expected the first week to be easier on the program lol. I'm all about the hard work and I'm thinking this change is exactly what I needed. Looking forward to the volume increase next week. Made some notes on places to increase the weight.

Last thing I'll leave you with is this..." if you look for a reason you'll always find one and if you look for an excuse you'll always have one" remember that come Monday morning or whenever your next training session is.

Day 7

Shoulders and abs
Seated OHP: (95x12) 115x8 135x8x2 140x8 145x7 155x6(failure)
Smith machine upright row: 95x8 115x8 135x8 145x7
10 sets compound
Smith machine shrugs: 185x8 225x8 245x8
3 sets traps
Db Rear delt fly: 20x8 25x8 30x8
Lateral raise: 12.5x8 15x8 20x8
6 sets single joint
Weighted crunch machine: 170x8 185x8 190x8
Hanging leg raise: 8 reps 3 sets
6 sets abs

Have to say I expected the first week to be easier on the program lol. I'm all about the hard work and I'm thinking this change is exactly what I needed. Looking forward to the volume increase next week. Made some notes on places to increase the weight.

Last thing I'll leave you with is this..." if you look for a reason you'll always find one and if you look for an excuse you'll always have one" remember that come Monday morning or whenever your next training session is.

Bro your killing it!! I like the attention to detail and keeping record of increases!! That's exactly what you will need to reach your goals!! I like the finish of the post with some inspiring words!!!!

Bro your killing it!! I like the attention to detail and keeping record of increases!! That's exactly what you will need to reach your goals!! I like the finish of the post with some inspiring words!!!!
Appreciate that and you said make sure I kept notes lol so that's what I'm gonna do. Guess you could call a workout log my new years resolution

Top Bottom