napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

New splits. Thoughts on chest/back routines

Dano10769

Hey guys how's it going. So I was just curious on what y'all think about chest/back routines same day? I know everyone responds different and yada yada. I've been doing chest, back, legs, arms routine for 8 weeks during my cycle. So today I'm Gona switch things up and do chest and back for final 4 weeks of my 12 week test only cycle. Wana keep the training fresh and shock those muscles. Plus that was always Arnold's routine so can't hurt. I guess I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about it? Do they feel the results are better with doing big muscles groups on their own separate days or with the mix up. Again, I know different stimulus can spark new growth, just looking for opinions on splits and such....thanks guys!

Personally I cant do these well. I dont feel like I recover quick enough for a split like that to be effective.
Best growth is from tearing muscle fibers down and letting the heal.

Overtrain and you cant recover. = No growth...

My back training is just once a week same with chest.

If your looking for a shock swich the method first. For example, swich over to FST-7 for 6 weeks or something.

Ya I feel like I won't be able to effectively really attack the muscle group mixing 2 large muscle groups together

well your back is one of the biggest muscle groups besides legs so I think it may be counter productive, but hey everyone is different. me personally I wouldn't or couldn't do it.

I do chest/back, so I love push pull exercises.. But its a whole since on how your split is set up. The way I do it is I have primary and secondary body part for that day. So lets say monday is my chest day that would be my primary so i would take my time with chest doing about 7 different workouts. Then i would hit back and do about 4 different workouts. Then for back day i will switch it up..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

MON:Shoulders/Legs

Tue:Chest/Back

Wed:Biceps/Triceps

Thu:Legs/Shoulders

Fri:Back/Chest

Sat:Biceps/Triceps

Thats my split.

ah ok I got it now that should work then I thought you were going all out on both or well trying which I think wouldn't be real good

i only have 2 splits per week and that is bis tris calves and abs on Wednesdays and Saturdays otherwise it is 1 BP per day

Ye24fr: I kinda like ur idea. Like if u did chest/back Monday and Friday for example, Monday do chest as primary with secondary pull exercises As a super set or something. Then Friday have back as primary with secondary push...something like that?

Ye24fr: I kinda like ur idea. Like if u did chest/back Monday and Friday for example, Monday do chest as primary with secondary pull exercises As a super set or something. Then Friday have back as primary with secondary push...something like that?
Yes most definitely. Exactly.

MON:Shoulders/Legs

Tue:Chest/Back

Wed:Biceps/Triceps

Thu:Legs/Shoulders

Fri:Back/Chest

Sat:Biceps/Triceps

Thats my split.

I've run very similar splits with great success. As long as you know you can recover well enough, and factor this into your routine, these do well for me. For me it's a good way to change things up.

So I wana do primary back today. So throw me a couple ideas if u don't mind...like bent rows with flys ect... What would I do?

My last routine was chest/back on same day and I varied what I started with depending on the feel of the day. Personally I liked it, but you can't do it forever as it is tiresome and eventually will wear you down if you're moving lots of weight for multiple exercises/sets. The goal of any workout IMO is to work each muscle extensively full the full ROM emphasizing on the tension and feel of each rep. We all know a shit rep versus a good one. We know when we're tearing that tissue down and flooding it with blood. If after each exercise you don't feel pumped/bigger due to the pump... you haven't done it right. At least that's how 44 feels about it.

I like chest/back and legs/shoulders split. That's what I did the last 4 months and packed on a lot of size and strength. I alternate. One chest, one back, and back and forth. Hit it twice a week. One day I start chest. One day back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do all upper body in the same day, but I do very low volume. I couldn't imagine doing any type of high volume work with chest and back the same day. That just see,s like way too much for me, but I don't do high volume well in general

I run a similar routine as tw but a vary my rep ranges every week like y3t it's worked well for me

fuk wut u kno

I do chest and back together twice a week as super sets. The fisrt one ill do rowing type excersizes for back and the second ill focus more on different lat pulls.

If I did chest & back together it would take me two hours.That's way too much.Lately I've been doing 3 days on one day off & it's working out well.

Day 1:Legs

Day 2:Chest

Day 3:Back

Day 4:Rest

Day 5:Arms

Day 6:Legs

Day 7:Shoulders/Abs

Day 8:Rest

>Repeat

Each workout takes about 60min,not including cardio.

Top Bottom