napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Need some feedback, stress, cortisol & TRT

Pete54

I have been through hell for the past two weeks, but things have settled now. My former employer breached the terms of my employment, trying to get me to relocate and work different hours. I said I would get back to him within two days and went home. After dinner, went to the gym and realized I had no energy or motivation to do a thing.
I went back home, wrote a goodbye letter to my now, former employer, and spent the whole night writing cover letters and sending my CV to several people. I tried getting some sleep during the day, but it was impossible. I was so frustrated and exhausted that I went to the liquor store, bought some Vodka (400cc), drank the whole thing and slept for like 12 hours. ( I am not a drinker). The following morning, I got two job interviews which resulted in job offers. I start my new job on Monday.
I wanted to ask any of you if you have experienced extreme fatigue, lack of concentration, temporary lose of libido, appetite and lack of motivation during an acute, stressful occasion. I was feeling like a zombie for week but yesterday, morning wood came back with a vengeance. I managed to go to the gym this afternoon and have a decent workout. My appetite is back but I am still feeling a bit shaken by all the BS I had to go through.
I am on a low TRT dose (125 test e x week), 0.25mg of Arimidex twice a week and 1 tablet of Proviron a day. Just wondering if being on TRT would prevent cortisol from putting someone on a catabolic state destroying muscle gains. I lost close to 5lbs in two weeks, but apparently no muscle but rather water and fat provided I was already on a low fat, deficit diet to lose “visceral fat”.

Thanks for listening

The issues are gone, I'm 100% back to normal, just wondering, in essence, if anyone on TRT would be "protected", for lack of a better term, from Cortisol. I have been or TRT for 2 months, prescribed that is. Thanks

The issues are gone, I'm 100% back to normal, just wondering, in essence, if anyone on TRT would be "protected", for lack of a better term, from Cortisol. I have been or TRT for 2 months, prescribed that is. Thanks

In short, it's unlikely to help as hormone levels fight to balance themselves with other hormones.

For TRT doses, your body should in theory stabilize it's cortisol after being on TRT for a while, which I believe is usually the case. If anything cortisol would be more wonky with TRT as your test peaks and valleys between injections, but if you're injecting frequently enough, that should be minimized. Your doctor/endo will likely test your cortisol to make sure it's functioning right after you've been on TRT for a while, and may occasionally check afterwards. Remember, while cortisol has some affects on our body that we don't like as bodybuilders, it is also a very necessary hormone for proper day to day functioning. Normal cortisol functioning would have your peak cortisol levels when you first wake up and lowest levels after going to bed. This is you body's way of helping you get up in the morning and rest at night.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks buddy

In short, it's unlikely to help as hormone levels fight to balance themselves with other hormones.

For TRT doses, your body should in theory stabilize it's cortisol after being on TRT for a while, which I believe is usually the case. If anything cortisol would be more wonky with TRT as your test peaks and valleys between injections, but if you're injecting frequently enough, that should be minimized. Your doctor/endo will likely test your cortisol to make sure it's functioning right after you've been on TRT for a while, and may occasionally check afterwards. Remember, while cortisol has some affects on our body that we don't like as bodybuilders, it is also a very necessary hormone for proper day to day functioning. Normal cortisol functioning would have your peak cortisol levels when you first wake up and lowest levels after going to bed. This is you body's way of helping you get up in the morning and rest at night.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks buddy

Hey bro, just to try and sympathize with your situation and tell you my own experience, trt certainly helps but depression and stress have an impact on our bodies and mental state that is hard to compete with. I've been on trt for years, and without going into detail....a year ago or so I went through a pretty troubling time. I had a lot of things going on in both my personal life and marriage that impacted me negatively with depression and stress. During that time I lost muscle and gained fat, couldn't sleep, etc. Everything got turned around for the better and then my progress took off again. I would say now my life is as good as it's ever been and my current physical state I can also say the same. I'm a firm believer that your body will always be a direct reflection of where you are mentally.

Thanks for sharing RickRock, it means a lot to me. Saw my Dr, this morning, he says I suffered an "acute stress reaction" and that all the tests he did on me came back normal. I am sleeping great, my appetite and energy levels are back to normal. Stress sucks. Happy to hear that life is good for you.

Top Bottom