napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Good HIIT routine for beginners?

I like to do 20 seconds sprint 10 seconds 60% for 30 mins when I do hitt. I'll do that with running, the elliptical, concept 2 rower, Jacobs ladder and the stair stepper. I also do steady state cardio aswell.

i've seen quite a few online, looking for what you guys enjoy?
When I do HIIT I typically either do sprints or stationary bike. I think bike is my favorite because I'll do 30 seconds all out with the resistance cranked up and then 1 minute low intensity then repeat

For sprints it's similar. 30 seconds all out then 1 minute walking at a moderate pace then repeat

I typically limit the session to about 15 minutes, and I am DONE by the time it's over

Also don't do HIIT more than about 2-3 times per week to not Overstress the CNS

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

i was thinking about running stairs. 45 seconds moderate/15 seconds all out. 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown at the end. no breaks at all between rounds?

i was thinking about running stairs. 45 seconds moderate/15 seconds all out. 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown at the end. no breaks at all between rounds?

But thats not HIIT no interval thats just hit honestly my best results are a mix of hiit and staedy state ill do 10 min pf HIIT wind sprints on the spin bike then when my heart rate is way up Ill do 20 min stairmaster

Also when im in prep on my light days like arms and shoulder Ill do alot of super sets and jump rope or do kettle bell swings in between sets

But thats not HIIT no interval thats just hit honestly my best results are a mix of hiit and staedy state ill do 10 min pf HIIT wind sprints on the spin bike then when my heart rate is way up Ill do 20 min stairmaster

I'm missing the interval huh? care to explain?

no, thinking about doing a 5 min run in place warmup, or just walkign whatever. then 45 seconds run in place at the bottom of the stairs and then 15-30 seconds hit it hard. rinse repeat. then a cooldown for 5 mins at the end. like a 20 min hiit session

Dude you have to be careful with doing the stairs with it. It's hard to get your intensity high enough for true HIIT, and it's not exactly safe either trying to take the stairs or stepmill that fast.

Dude you have to be careful with doing the stairs with it. It's hard to get your intensity high enough for true HIIT, and it's not exactly safe either trying to take the stairs or stepmill that fast.

yeh after reading your first post i think i'm gonna do sprints. just downloaded a app that keep time and stuff for me, pretty neat

Yeah when I think about running on stairs first thing too mind is sprained ancle and time our of gym= gains lost

Sage advice... I'll be waiting to hear how he broke his clavicle later on.

OMG thanks to transformer24 and a 30 day out cut training i just started doing tabata 20 secs on 10 secs rest 8 rounds and work your way up to 4 different rounds with steady state in between holy fuck me running it is kickin my arse

Hiit is more easily accomplished doing high intensity low rest interval training with cable weights. Lots of reps and a 10 sec breather then again.

PHURIOUS

Good call. Honestly I think sprints or the bike work best for HIIT

I like sprints. Me and my gf go to the outdoor soccer field we have here. Its artificial turf. Throw on the turf shoes. I set up cones at 25yds 50 75 and then 100. We do shuttles so 25yds then back then 50 then back then 75 then back and then all the way too 100 yds and back. Thats one and we do that till we cant anymore

PHURIOUS

Top Bottom