napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet and Types of workout for first Cutting Stack Cycle

CTLEE

I've ordered my first stack of Cardarine GW and Andarine S4 and awaiting its arrival. For the past two weeks I've been on a very low carb diet, with high protein and relatively high fat, staying roughly around 2000 cals. Been following a very high volume, kind of old school weight lifting regimin 6 days a week. My energy was so low for the first 10 days of low carb, so I've only managed a few days of 10 minute HIIT.

42 years old
6'1"
220lbs
Roughly 16-18% BF
After 1 year off and gaining 30lbs, I've been back in the gym hard for two weeks, 6 days a week, on the 7th day I do a full body circuit. Want to lean out down to 180lbs.
Rebounding quickly. Getting good pumps.
Current supps:
T-Bomb
Fish oil
Multi vitamin
Whey
Pre workout
BCAA
Casein
ZMA

Should I continue with any of the above supplements?

Any advice on diet and workout type, cardio type to help reach my goal? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Here is what I would do. Diet- I would eat at a deficit so I was averaging 1-1.5lbs of a loss per week. I would also add more carbs around my workout so my output during the workout is high. There are numerous benefits to having the RIGHT AMOUNT of carbs around your workout. If your output is dropping you can't get the benefit of HIIT training cause it is no longer high intensity. Make sure you keep protein at least 1-1.5 grams per lb. nutrition is probably the most individualized aspect of this whole journey so finding the right amount of each macronutrient for your body is the most important thing you can do right now. Be diligent is keeping accurate record of what you consume and how your body responding. This will be valuable info as you progress toward your goal and the progress has slowed down you can refer back to your records and make changes accordingly. Workout- make sure you have a plan for progression. You can't stay high volume 6 days a week the entire time your body will stop responding at some point and actually cause more harm then good. I would suggest after a few weeks of high volume I would switch to moderate volume with a little higher intensity and progressively work towards high intensity low volumes. After reaching that point I would give the body a rest for 5-7 days. During that rest time go over what style of training has worked the best for and repeat the process again. Trying to simplify a complex topic but I hope you get the idea.

I agree with CC. 6 days of lifting weights/high volume is going to accumulate fatigue. Your in a calorie deficit so your recovery is already impeded to begin with. Focus should be on progressive overload rather than high volume at this point. Do sufficient volume and intensity to preserve muscle and devote the remaining energy to cardio/HIIT. The high volume stuff is better suited when calories are higher and that extra energy can be put towards growth.

I agree with CC. 6 days of lifting weights/high volume is going to accumulate fatigue. Your in a calorie deficit so your recovery is already impeded to begin with. Focus should be on progressive overload rather than high volume at this point. Do sufficient volume and intensity to preserve muscle and devote the remaining energy to cardio/HIIT. The high volume stuff is better suited when calories are higher and that extra energy can be put towards growth.

I hear you. Just super motivated right now and loving being back in the gym hitting the weights hard not wanting to back off. I'll cut back 3 of those days and add in 10-20 min HIIT and some moderate cardio. Psyched to get my cut stack!

Thanks for the feedback!

With all that energy expenditure through high volume 6 days a week and HIIT cardio, it's going to be rough going low carb. I wouldn't exactly recommend that. A properly structured macro ratio in a caloric defecit would suit you better in my opinion

I'm about half way through a GW/S4/Osta run. I agree with advice above. I am lifting 4 days a week (MTWF) and doing 45 min of fasted cardio in the morning which is just brisk walking. I have dropped 17 lbs so far. I started at 5'11" [email protected]%BF. I have lost a few pounds of muscle on the journey but am sitting around 12%BF right now and hoping to be 10% or less by the end. Keep tweeking the diet and cardio until it gets dialed in. My macros are currently around 2500cals (185P,145C,135F) on lifting days and 2000cals (180P, 110C, 90F) on non-lifting days. I am going to tweak it some more and add a bit more protein to both.

Top Bottom