napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Caloric Intake on MK 677

Connor Paul

If my goal is to lose fat and build muscle while on MK 677 do I need to be in a caloric deficit or can I keep my calories slightly above maintenance and still achieve the recomposition?

Your diet has to always reflect your goals regardless of what compound you are on, so for your goals for recomp I'd be at maintenance or so and add in a decent amount of cardio per day with a super clean diet

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

If my goal is to lose fat and build muscle while on MK 677 do I need to be in a caloric deficit or can I keep my calories slightly above maintenance and still achieve the recomposition?

generally with a recomp i like to start people at 100-250 below to begin with dependent upon what they are using for compounds... i would recommend starting there at least 3-4 weeks and then assessing...

Ok thanks for the info, I'll run about 100-250 calories under maintenance to start. Next question, say after two weeks I stop losing weight at that intake level, can I still assume I'm in recomposition mode and if so how would I be able to tell? Do I have to be losing weight? I could reduce cals further but if I'm in recomposition mode I'd rather be patient and keep cals the same. I'm just not sure how to know I'm in recomp mode with no weight loss.. monitor physical measurements/visual changes?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the info, I'll run about 100-250 calories under maintenance to start. Next question, say after two weeks I stop losing weight at that intake level, can I still assume I'm in recomposition mode and if so how would I be able to tell? Do I have to be losing weight? I could reduce cals further but if I'm in recomposition mode I'd rather be patient and keep cals the same. I'm just not sure how to know I'm in recomp mode with no weight loss.. monitor physical measurements/visual changes?

after 3-4 weeks, you should see body fat dropping... you cant judge by weight, you judge by body fat... you should be gaining weight but losing body fat... thats a recomp...

Got to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight, plain and simple. Dylan's plan is perfect. A very small deficit.

Great thanks everyone for all your help. The only thing I'm curious on now is Dylan's latest comment, "you should be gaining weight but losing body fat"... I love the sound of this but if I'm in a slight caloric deficit how would I be gaining weight? Or was that comment just an FYI on what recomp is

Great thanks everyone for all your help. The only thing I'm curious on now is Dylan's latest comment, "you should be gaining weight but losing body fat"... I love the sound of this but if I'm in a slight caloric deficit how would I be gaining weight? Or was that comment just an FYI on what recomp is

Recomp is extremely hard to do. Most people will end up either just cutting or just adding lean mass. Doing both is difficult, but can be done with the right compounds to aid you especially.

Everyone has different theories on the way to recomp. For me the best option is to eat around maintenance, lower carbs with a really lean diet, and add a lot of cardio.

Some like a slight deficit, and some prefer a little surplus. It just depends on the individual and how you respond. Faster metabolisms might require a little surplus when recouping where slow metabolisms need a small deficit

Recomp is extremely hard to do. Most people will end up either just cutting or just adding lean mass. Doing both is difficult, but can be done with the right compounds to aid you especially.

Everyone has different theories on the way to recomp. For me the best option is to eat around maintenance, lower carbs with a really lean diet, and add a lot of cardio.

Some like a slight deficit, and some prefer a little surplus. It just depends on the individual and how you respond. Faster metabolisms might require a little surplus when recouping where slow metabolisms need a small deficit

Right on man that's good to know. Sounds like I just need to get started and then like Dylan said reassess in a few weeks. Thanks.

Top Bottom