napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Low reps vs high reps

Koko23

What everyone's thought on lower reps heavier weight. And hight reps lower weight bigger pumps. What works best for y'all in terms of growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do 12-20 reps... I'm 45 so I have to be careful not to hurt anything... Lol

I would have to agree my chest is not as full as id like it. Been hitting higher volume and I think it's gettin a bit thicker.

Low reps for high weight builds the strength. Lower weight and extended reps can build the muscle better. I hit body parts twice a week. One is heavy and low. The other is lighter and more reps.

Low reps for high weight builds the strength. Lower weight and extended reps can build the muscle better. I hit body parts twice a week. One is heavy and low. The other is lighter and more reps.

I like this strategy. I dont quite hit each body part 2X a week (takes me 8-9 days for 2 rotations) but I still alternate heavy days with light days.

I like this strategy. I dont quite hit each body part 2X a week (takes me 8-9 days for 2 rotations) but I still alternate heavy days with light days.

I have decided to do a two day split. Chest/back and legs/shoulders. Monday and Tuesday are heavy. Thursday and Friday are extended reps.
Just started this week actually. So I'm excited to see how it goes.

You get strong, you get big. And that's how my training is structured. I lift heavy ass weights rest paused to failure with constant progression by always increasing workload. That's the best way I've found to gain muscle while getting strong as fuck in the process.

Most people go in the gym, get a pump, then leave...and that's why they look the same year after year.

At the same time, I will say that there's no one size fits all answer. We are all different, and if you find something that works for YOU go for it. Low reos, High reps, heavy weight, lower weight....it doesn't matter. Find what works for you

Agreed Rick. And honestly for me it goes in stages. At times I'll grow with heavy as weights. And then for other times it seems I'll need to do some extended reps to get the growth. Does that make sense?

Ya I feel yall. I used to lift heavy but i have been lifting lighter more reps and I seem to grow a bit better. Every now and then go heavy done my body doesn't get used to the same shit.

You get strong, you get big. And that's how my training is structured. I lift heavy ass weights rest paused to failure with constant progression by always increasing workload. That's the best way I've found to gain muscle while getting strong as fuck in the process.

Most people go in the gym, get a pump, then leave...and that's why they look the same year after year.

At the same time, I will say that there's no one size fits all answer. We are all different, and if you find something that works for YOU go for it. Low reos, High reps, heavy weight, lower weight....it doesn't matter. Find what works for you

^Exactly bro, different responders for different methods and all about finding what works best for each individual. I like a bit of both, depending on how im feeling. MED-HIGH weights 12-15 reps work best for me but i workout 5-6 days a week. So many variables when it comes to this theres no way to tell the next person what their best response would be, I guess we can only tell others what works best for ourselves and they have to use the old trial and error method

Agreed Rick. And honestly for me it goes in stages. At times I'll grow with heavy as weights. And then for other times it seems I'll need to do some extended reps to get the growth. Does that make sense?

^This makes alot of sense too, variety as to where the body cannot become accustomed to one method. Good old muscle confusion..

Both! Cycle the two methods and I think you'll see awesome progress. I just started heavy again. Hoping to not get injured

Www.expressdomesticapache.com

[email protected]

This is more or less what I was going to say. Personally, I love to lift heavy. I'm in my early 40's but I haven't had to worry about getting injured yet. (and God willing that'll stay the same) Its what motivates me when I'm in the gym.

However, I've recently started working out with a younger guy who likes doing more reps. He's stronger than I am but used to be an offensive lineman who was strong as an ox but had a big gut. He gets motivated by changing his body into a leaner version of himself....so for him, pumps and getting cuts in his muscles is what motivates him.

Long story short....I believe you do what motivates you to work your hardest...as long as it doesn't cause injuries.

What everyone's thought on lower reps heavier weight. And hight reps lower weight bigger pumps. What works best for y'all in terms of growth?

I remember someone asking that question to the great Vince Gironda...his answer was simple...do both.
I do best on a heavy routine. I do 4 sets of 10 and the weight is heavy enough so that the first 8 reps are clean and perfect form. Reps 9 and 10 are somewhat of a struggle. When I am on a blast I go 8x8. It is a killer. Light weights do nothing for me.

When I do my lifting I try to actually do both. I start out heavy and around 8 to 10. Then after a couple heavy I switch to lighter higher rep to finish out.

I have been training for hypertrophy for the last couple of months of this blast, going heavy 3 x 8 reps to failure, followed by a set of 80% of the heavy weight to failure and a final set at 60% of the heavy weight to failure. I'm very pleased with results I'm seeing in strength gains as well as muscle development. In the past, during blasts, I would stick with heavy weights, 5 x 5. I saw great strength gains using the 5 x 5 method but I'm much more impressed with the way my muscles are developing training for hypertrophy. In the end it's always gonna come down to the individual. What works for one may not work the same someone else. That's the thing I think I love most about bodybuilding/fitness training; the journey of personal discovery you find yourself on. It fascinates and fulfills me on so many levels because of its very nature.

Top Bottom