napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Phenibut Withdrawal

hardtoget

Well, I can't say a supplement has ever left me withdrawal type symptoms other than the OTC sleep supplement Somatomax. I've been taking it every night (1/2 a scoop before bed) for close to 2 months now and it's pretty safe to say if I don't end up taking it one night my sleep really suffers. I've had sleep problems ever since battling adrenal fatigue over the last 3-4 years, my adrenals used to be so bad I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating and shaking due to extremely low cortisol and having low blood sugar. That since has stopped, however most nights I have higher cortisol levels and it keeps me up at night. Ever since taking Somatomax I average a good 7-8 hours of quality sleep and feel so rejuvenated upon waking. However since increasing my doses of l-carnitine and green tea mid-day my sleep is more disturbed now and I wake up after only 3-4 hours to piss and then fall back asleep. I went on a business trip recently where I forgot my Somatomax and that was complete hell, Benadryl was the only saving grace to get me to sleep and stay asleep. Phenibut is a key ingredient in Somatomax and Blackstone Labs Anesthetized, I wish the supplement store who sold me the Somatomax would have told me not to take this every day. I feel I will need to slowly wean off the Somatomax to recover my GABA receptors as the Phenibut is working its magic. Anyone ever have similar effects from this supplement?

Well, I can't say a supplement has ever left me withdrawal type symptoms other than the OTC sleep supplement Somatomax. I've been taking it every night (1/2 a scoop before bed) for close to 2 months now and it's pretty safe to say if I don't end up taking it one night my sleep really suffers. I've had sleep problems ever since battling adrenal fatigue over the last 3-4 years, my adrenals used to be so bad I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating and shaking due to extremely low cortisol and having low blood sugar. That since has stopped, however most nights I have higher cortisol levels and it keeps me up at night. Ever since taking Somatomax I average a good 7-8 hours of quality sleep and feel so rejuvenated upon waking. However since increasing my doses of l-carnitine and green tea mid-day my sleep is more disturbed now and I wake up after only 3-4 hours to piss and then fall back asleep. I went on a business trip recently where I forgot my Somatomax and that was complete hell, Benadryl was the only saving grace to get me to sleep and stay asleep. Phenibut is a key ingredient in Somatomax and Blackstone Labs Anesthetized, I wish the supplement store who sold me the Somatomax would have told me not to take this every day. I feel I will need to slowly wean off the Somatomax to recover my GABA receptors as the Phenibut is working its magic. Anyone ever have similar effects from this supplement?

That is the problem with supps bro.They do not have to tell you it hits the same receptors as Valium.You can get hooked. I would tell you to make and take some ghb, but you are not a chemist. If you can find some it will help you sleep while you get of off the phenibut. Also you could try getting a script to ambien or something.

If you're cortisol is high at night, you need to take glutamine before bed. I'd suggest starting fairly high around 10g with some ZMA. That will def help lower the cortisol levels. If you have any questions, pm me bro!

I've heard that about glutamine and I've slept great before on ZMA. Thanks AlmightyAlpha and it would help with muscle recovery and intestinal health which I need being gluten free.

Phenibut is something that needs to be dosed intermittently--can't do it every day. Not only do you develop a tolerance (requiring more and more each time), it can have nasty withdrawl symptoms (like you may have found out). It's best used either every other day or only as needed to sleep (if you need it EVERY night, you have other problems that need to be addressed and any sleep aid is not the answer but more of a bandaid).

While coming off of the phenibut, you can try something like Valerian, GABA & Theanine. If your rhythms are off, you need to spend 2-3 days camping (sleeping outdoors). This might not be possible due to the time of year we're in, but it does wonders for many during the warmer months.

Top Bottom