napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Meal preparation ideas

Drenalin

So I have a hard time getting all of my meals prepared. I need some help with ideas from someone who has this figured out. My schedule is a little odd. I work 12.5 hour night shifts at work. 7PM to 7:30AM. One week I work Sunday and Monday night. Then I'll be off Tuesday and Wednesday night. Then I'll work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The next week I'll be off Sunday and Monday night. Then I'll work Tuesday and Wednesday night. Then I'll be off Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I really like my work schedule. One week I work 5 nights and the next I work 2 nights. My short week is easy for my meal prep but I struggle with finding time on my long week. I also am married with 2 children with another due in December. So my time is very limited. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week depending on the routine I'm running. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!!

I know the schedule. 3 on 3 off 2 on 2 off. Those can be great for time off but can also suck on the night shift.
I do twice a week preps normally. A big pot of rice and a pan of baked chicken. Knock several meals out at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The savior to all meal prep in my opinion is a fucking bbq. Just line the chicken titties up, throw some vegis on. While that cooks get the rice and quinoa going. I like to do only 2 days at a time cause I have a snooty thing about left overs. Just refuse to touch them. Idk why.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So I have a hard time getting all of my meals prepared. I need some help with ideas from someone who has this figured out. My schedule is a little odd. I work 12.5 hour night shifts at work. 7PM to 7:30AM. One week I work Sunday and Monday night. Then I'll be off Tuesday and Wednesday night. Then I'll work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The next week I'll be off Sunday and Monday night. Then I'll work Tuesday and Wednesday night. Then I'll be off Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I really like my work schedule. One week I work 5 nights and the next I work 2 nights. My short week is easy for my meal prep but I struggle with finding time on my long week. I also am married with 2 children with another due in December. So my time is very limited. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week depending on the routine I'm running. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!!

My time is very limited and I deal with a lot of the same dilemma. I have 2 young kids and a family, as well. What I do is prep meals 3 days per week in bulk. On Truesdays, Thursday's, and Sunday's I cook in bulk enough for several meals at a time. I either cooking up a lot of chicken, turkey, fish, pork loin, or some kind of stir fry. At the same time I cook up bulk quantities of green veggies, sweet potatoes, and rice. Then I portion them out into Tupperware containers for my week

That will get me several days worth of meals at a time. It's much easier than trying to prepare everything every day when you are ready to eat.

Do you have a meal prep place by you're house? I will say it costs a ton but I use that as a easy out some times.

Do you have a meal prep place by you're house? I will say it costs a ton but I use that as a easy out some times.

Myfitfoods $8-$10 a meal but worth it

The lunch ones are only like 6 bucks actually and if you go on a Friday you can get one free if you buy two

Haha yep I'm there everyday almost. I usually swing by on my lunch for smething. Hella good. Thier breakfasts are bomb.

Very, very good... I use them for cooking ideas also

The lunch ones are only like 6 bucks actually and if you go on a Friday you can get one free if you buy two

Nice... I'll look into that... I haven't been to the store itself... My local supermarket has a little section

I've never even heard of that. What exactly is it?
Look up icon meals, my fit foods, uhhhhh ecoprotein kitchen.

They do meal prep. So pre made stuff with all the macros on it and everything. Hella good quality too.

My gym serves icon but I go to my fit foods next to my work most the time.

Thanks for all the responses. Just seems like if I cook for more than 2 days in advance my food is terrible that 3rd day. I'll have to check that site out too.

I do a similar prep to some other guys. Usually only prep for 3 days at a time and make about 16 meals including my girls lunches . I buy these bags of sweet potatoes that you microwave in the bag and cook a few boxes of cous cous for them all. Usually ill throw in my broccoli raw because I just like it that way and it saves time. Generally make oatmeal with protein and a sliced banana the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Ughhhh its so good

I like to throw a bunch of chicken boobs in the crock pot with some water, spices, and maybe a bit of bbq sauce or your condiment of choice. Put it on low and it'll be good to go when you get back! You can then portion them out if you count macros and you're golden! Also, you could throw veggies and potatoes in there and make a chicken stew :).

Top Bottom