napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet and Nutrition basics 101

Sounds like you are recomping to me, which means you are dropping fat. That is common on tren. Don't put so much stock in the scale. It doesn't mean shit. Watch the mirror
I never weigh myself on Tren. Like Rick said... Watch the mirror.

Hi everyone,

I am new here looking for some advice

My stats:

Age 25
Height 1.85 cm
Weight 82kg
Body fat 18%
Years of training 6 months

Goals: Recomp (cut fat and gain lean muscle)
Supplements (whey protein, creatine, glutamine, bcaas, lcarnitine, omega, arginine)
General idea of nutrition: eating 6 times a day, first three meals 1500 cal last three 800cal / High protein, low carbs and low fats.

Starting to look fitness, but looking for some advice to improve and get the best results.

excercise consists: routine 4 days a week including weight lifting and hiit the same day. (1 hour)

Thanks for your posts and advice.!

Hi everyone,

I am new here looking for some advice

My stats:

Age 25
Height 1.85 cm
Weight 82kg
Body fat 18%
Years of training 6 months

Goals: Recomp (cut fat and gain lean muscle)
Supplements (whey protein, creatine, glutamine, bcaas, lcarnitine, omega, arginine)
General idea of nutrition: eating 6 times a day, first three meals 1500 cal last three 800cal / High protein, low carbs and low fats.

Starting to look fitness, but looking for some advice to improve and get the best results.

excercise consists: routine 4 days a week including weight lifting and hiit the same day. (1 hour)

Thanks for your posts and advice.!
Please start your own thread and please indicate what specific questions you have or what you need help with

Great Info! Wish I had stumbled upon this earlier when I began tracking my nutrition. A must read for anyone beginning to take their nutrition seriously; and a great refresher for the days you are questioning yourself.
Thanks RickRock

Bro this was gold! Everything was well explained and 100% on point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is fantastic! Thanks so much for writing this up.
Take Buy Super Kamagra by mouth with or without food. Kamagra may not work as quickly if you take it with a high-fat meal.Kamagra Super is rapidly absorbed. Maximum effect occurs between 30 to 120 minutes of taking the tablet.

Protein:

Protein is arguably the most important macronutrient in a bodybuilders diet. It takes a lot of protein to maintain, support and build muscle in the body.
Protein molecules are made up of smaller units called amino acids. Once a protein molecule is broken down into amino acids, they are transported to muscle cells through the bloodstream to be used as the building blocks for muscle tissue.

For bodybuilding purposes, the minimum amount of protein recommended is around 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. The maximum amount of protein intake recommended is debatable, but most agree on between 1.5 grams to 2grams per pound of bodyweight as the most amount of protein to consume on a daily basis. When carbohydrates and fats are lower (generally when cutting calories to lose weight) the higher end of protein intake is preferred, as your body will be forced to use more protein for energy, requiring the extra surplus.

The most common recommended forms of protein to intake are any lean meats like chicken breast, turkey, and fish. Other great forms of protein are eggs or egg whites, and Whey protein. All of these types of protein are great additions to the bodybuilders diet, and all have different digestion rates. Whey protein, for example is digested very rapidly, making it ideal for post workout consumption and protein synthesis.

Putting it all together:

There is a lot of different ideas and examples of the proper amounts and ratios of macronutrients to use for a specific goal. People can get different results from different things, and so the ratio that works for one may not be the most ideal for another.

Some of the more popular ratios would be 30/40/30 or 40/40/20 (%protein/%carbs/%fats) for a bulking diet that would have higher intakes of carbs and fats. For a cutting diet, it would be common to see a diet similar to 50/35/15 or even 60/30/20 having a higher protein content and lower amounts of carbs and fats.

So for example,

A 170 lb guy with an average metabolism looking to gain a pound a week with a 40/40/20 diet would look like this.

Maintenance cals: 170x15= 2550 maintenance calories
Total Calories needed: 2550+500 per day= 3050 calories
3050x40%= 1220 calories from protein (305 grams)
3050x40%= 1220 calories from carbs (305 grams)
3050x20%= 610 calories from fat (68 grams)

Another example of a 200 lb guy with average metabolism looking to lose a pound per week with a 60/30/20 ratio:

Maintenance calories: 200x15= 3000 maintenance calories
Total calories needed: 3000-500 per day= 2500 calories
2500x60%= 1500 calories from protein (375 grams)
2500x30%= 750 calories from carbs (188 grams)
2500x20%= 500 calories from fat (56 grams)

Now that you have the run down of calories, its time to MAKE THEM COUNT!!

I been enjoying the forums would like to share my own experience. This is a good read for those needing guidance to start off but I may have to disagree on the protein portions. We really maximize protein synthesis with .8g - 1.2g/lb of body weight. 1g/lb bodyweight is great general rule over all though but bulking where calories are not scarce, .8g-1g is plenty for most. Especially beginners. I believe around 1.2g/lb of bodyweight would be sufficient during a cut.

I had made great results as a natural getting up to 208lbs around 16% body fat using .8g - 1g/lb of body weight in protein. Even as I went enhanced I stuck around 1g/lb of body weight now into my 220s around 17-18% body fat.

Natty Lifting Numbers:

@195lbs competition weight

Squat: 501lbs
Deadlift: 615
Bench: 335

Training numbers 12 weeks enchanced:

Front Squat: 405lbs x2 reps

Deadlift: 610lbs x 2 reps

Strict Overhead Press: 225lbs x5

*Numbers are for strongman training since I rarely backsquat or flat bench*

I enjoy the forums and wanted to add constructive opinions. I don't believe going over 1.5g (or more) of protein per pound of body weight is necessary and may hinder performance when carbohydrates could take place instead of protein.

Hopefully this gives inside on those struggling to hit protein and feel they need to eat over 300g protein for gains. Diet, sleep, and training should be primary focus with mine being that 8+ hrs of sleep daily consistently for gains.

Top Bottom