napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Parenting dilemma seeking an objective opinion

'my obligation is after all to him'
'Ive basically written her off in my head'

Sounds like you and your sons priorities are set and she made the decision for you really. just my opinion

[emoji1417] one thing I've learned bro is that people will do what is in their nature and most ppl are pieces of shit. When you meet someone and it feels right, roll with it, respect one another and be appreciative. Life provides only a few persons worth a shit in your life. Value them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji1417] one thing I've learned bro is that people will do what is in their nature and most ppl are pieces of shit. When you meet someone and it feels right, roll with it, respect one another and be appreciative. Life provides only a few persons worth a shit in your life. Value them.

Absolute truth right there. Seems like the older I get or grown I should say, the smaller my circle gets.

I do know that she helps ground your son, but this is total BS for her to do that. I get it she wants to be in a sorority, since he has his "football" however most kids because that is what they are is kids they work on the "feel good" now moment, and like everyone else has said you have done way the fuck more than I would for a girlfriend 99% they would never stay together anyways bc they are too young. Let her jump ship and help him move on and if he cant keep his head straight without her then I guess he can fail and get a fuckin job and learn what life is about. They all need to learn to stand on their own, just like we did as young pups

I do know that she helps ground your son, but this is total BS for her to do that. I get it she wants to be in a sorority, since he has his "football" however most kids because that is what they are is kids they work on the "feel good" now moment, and like everyone else has said you have done way the fuck more than I would for a girlfriend 99% they would never stay together anyways bc they are too young. Let her jump ship and help him move on and if he cant keep his head straight without her then I guess he can fail and get a fuckin job and learn what life is about. They all need to learn to stand on their own, just like we did as young pups

Definitely bro, she'll take her lumps if she so chooses and my son had better wrap his head around the idea of not always giving up shit behind her.

Both my son and daughter's tuition payments depended on rules I placed upon them prior to paying for any student debt. Housing, tuition, books, lab fees, etc. Simple rules such as, number one priority was to their academics period. This meant no relationshits and absolutely no "ops, we're pregy" announcements. Also they were required to maintain an above average gpa. There is also the job requirement, that means they have to maintain a part-time job. This isn't just to repay me, this is to build work ethic and actually have real skills after graduating and entering the work force. I get most of the money back from my daughters tuition because she works at a hospital that has a 100% tuition reimbursement program, she's studying to be a dental hygienist. My son however is not doing this and has chosen to borrow the money from me interest free until he gets a job post graduation. They have both signed legal contracts with me outlining their responsibilities.

Bottom line here is that I am treating them just like any other adult I enter into a business dealing with. It's a shit load of money and should be treated with the seriousness it deserves. Many college kids have absolutely no idea how the real world works because mommy and daddy coddled them throughout their schooling.

Both my son and daughter's tuition payments depended on rules I placed upon them prior to paying for any student debt. Housing, tuition, books, lab fees, etc. Simple rules such as, number one priority was to their academics period. This meant no relationshits and absolutely no "ops, we're pregy" announcements. Also they were required to maintain an above average gpa. There is also the job requirement, that means they have to maintain a part-time job. This isn't just to repay me, this is to build work ethic and actually have real skills after graduating and entering the work force. I get most of the money back from my daughters tuition because she works at a hospital that has a 100% tuition reimbursement program, she's studying to be a dental hygienist. My son however is not doing this and has chosen to borrow the money from me interest free until he gets a job post graduation. They have both signed legal contracts with me outlining their responsibilities.

Bottom line here is that I am treating them just like any other adult I enter into a business dealing with. It's a shit load of money and should be treated with the seriousness it deserves. Many college kids have absolutely no idea how the real world works because mommy and daddy coddled them throughout their schooling.

My son is an athlete so his free time is precious and far in between 6:30am athlete study hall , classes, weights, practices, study hall and homework. No time for a job as football is his job so to say. Definitely teaches responsibility and time
Management skills. Besides Ms. Thing is the moron whose behavior is getting to be stupid. My son as long as he's eligible to play is passing and his $$ is dictated by his passing his classes.

Campus is so dangerous for young men these days. Snowflakes can cause a young man to lose everything just by accusation alone. Very dangerous to be a young guy on today's college campus. Your post reminded me to remind my son to watch out for the fangs behind those pretty faces.

Top Bottom