napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Abs

Flanex

I've noticed a lot of pro & advanced bodybuilders don't work their abs at all.Why is this?Also to the shredded guys on the boards here (Jake,Zeke & RickRock come to mind)do you work your abs or is it all diet that got you were you are with them?

I work mine at least once a week just because I love how they feel when they're sore.I have 20%+ BF & I know diet is the key to have them showing.Also I do it to strengthen my core to help out with my lower back injury.

Thanks for your comments

most don't work them because they are using them and tightening them thru other exercises ie squats even in cardio tighten your core etc if you are continuously squeezing your abs throughout any exericses you do its enuff. me I have to work on mine well whats under the fat anyways lol

most don't work them because they are using them and tightening them thru other exercises ie squats even in cardio tighten your core etc if you are continuously squeezing your abs throughout any exericses you do its enuff. me I have to work on mine well whats under the fat anyways lol

Yeah I notice that a lot when I'm doing front squats(ass to the grass).My abs get real tight like I'm working them directly almost.

ya a lot of exercises work the core inadvertently or you should use your core for these exercises it takes a while to remind yourself to do it then it becomes 2nd nature. even when I am on the elliptical I try to flex and hold my abs tight.

I've noticed a lot of pro & advanced bodybuilders don't work their abs at all.Why is this?Also to the shredded guys on the boards here (Jake,Zeke & RickRock come to mind)do you work your abs or is it all diet that got you were you are with them?

I work mine at least once a week just because I love how they feel when they're sore.I have 20%+ BF & I know diet is the key to have them showing.Also I do it to strengthen my core to help out with my lower back injury.

Thanks for your comments

I feel that abs are about 90% diet to get them really popping, and then another 10% genetics. Some people just have better abs that pop than others. Be.ieve it or not my abs aren't really that great until I get really lean. Then they start popping really good. At 6% and under (like my avatar pic) is where they really shine, but I will say that's going to go for everybody. You want abs, you gotta get tight and lean. That's all there is to it. Some guys are blessed and will have more prominent and defined abs at a higher bodyfat percent than others, and some will have the nice blocky defined abs that really pop. Those all come from genetics

I do train abs 2-3 times per week and it's always on days I do cardio only, but it's purely there to build core strength and is not actually doing anything for development. Building bigger abs aren't going to give you exactly what you are after, and actually could become detrimental if it thickens your waist and takes away from that V taper.

You should always train abs, but just remember that they are built in the kitchen and not the gym

Thanks for commenting Rick.I think I have a nice set of abs hiding under my fat.I can feel them.I don't think I've ever been under 15% BF in my life.It's going to be tough getting down that low,especially at 47 but I'm determined.

Thanks for commenting Rick.I think I have a nice set of abs hiding under my fat.I can feel them.I don't think I've ever been under 15% BF in my life.It's going to be tough getting down that low,especially at 47 but I'm determined.

I hear ya man. I PROMISE you that as you get leaner they will pop more and more. Once you reach single digits is where they really start to show and the leaner you get the tighter they become

nah man you can do it you just gotta get that diet tight I have lost damn near 20% in a year, would be lower if I could stay off the damn road traveling. but ill get there its a marathon and abs are the last thing to come in

Everytime I see a commercial for some new ab exerciser I just shake my head.People have known for ages that you can't spot train to lose fat but suckers keep buying that crap.

you and me both Brother...at 51 and 78 pounds of weight loss I'm not sure that day will come, but then again I never listened to many rules growin up....;)

nah man you can do it you just gotta get that diet tight I have lost damn near 20% in a year, would be lower if I could stay off the damn road traveling. but ill get there its a marathon and abs are the last thing to come in

I think I lost a couple of points since I've been on sarms but my diet could definitely use improvement.I'm learning every day.

you and me both Brother...at 51 and 78 pounds of weight loss I'm not sure that day will come, but then again I never listened to many rules growin up....;)

Wow 78 lbs??!!That's crazy bro.Good work!I've lost 52lbs since last Sept.

(Thanks for getting my avatar up Rick! :) )

Thanks for your comments

I don't really do my abs and will not allocate time for them. I just cheat Thru diet and core workout when I do other exercises.
I hate sit ups.

Flex Friday is everyday!

Everytime I see a commercial for some new ab exerciser I just shake my head.People have known for ages that you can't spot train to lose fat but suckers keep buying that crap.

They are full of shit. that's why most people will never see their 6-packs. Going for the wrong solution and definitely wrong way!!

Flex Friday is everyday!

I don't really do my abs and will not allocate time for them. I just cheat Thru diet and core workout when I do other exercises.
I hate sit ups.

Flex Friday is everyday!

That's interesting that you don't work them at all & they are extremely impressive.

That's interesting that you don't work them at all & they are extremely impressive.

Thank you. I lied. I do them once a month 2 sets of 24 ahahahhaha when I'm forced to wait for the back machine and there's an empty abs machine.

For me what makes sense and most effective is Thru DIET [emoji4][emoji6]

Flex Friday is everyday!

Thank you. I lied. I do them once a month 2 sets of 24 ahahahhaha when I'm forced to wait for the back machine and there's an empty abs machine.

For me what makes sense and most effective is Thru DIET [emoji4][emoji6]

Flex Friday is everyday!

That's great sarala.Thanks for the advice.You're more advanced than most guys I know.I appreciate it.

Top Bottom