napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Why does weight lifting burn so few calories compared to cardio?

cardio vs lifting is not proven one way or the other. Cardio over time does increase your metabolism and you eventually become a burner.That is runners and bikers are so thin.It is not what they burned that day, but what that day did to their metabolism that days.
Lifting is similar. It builds muscle, and muscle is what burns calories. So t is not what you lifted and burned today, it is what did your tear down and rebuild. Both running and lifting are long slow processes.
You should also realize that the greats of the past avoided cardio at all costs.They did only lifting and dieting.It was thought that their hard earned muscle would be metabolized by the cardio.

I agree.I read up a lot about the golden years in BBing.Although Arnold & Franco would regularly run together,but like you said most did zero cardio.

Do both, you will be rewarded

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
I agree with this as well. A good training program always implements both resistance training AND cardio

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

You forget too factor in resistance training increasing your need for muscle repair from consumed protien if a larger quantity of the protien you eat is being used too repair muscle tissue it cannot be turned into glucose and burned for energy further increasing your dedicit

I recently broke my 6th stationary bike & decided to just stop buying them.I don't think those $100-$125 bikes you get on Amazon are designed to go for 60-80 min a day.The belt inside always wears out after about a year.I'm going to try & get into running/sprinting instead.

I recently broke my 6th stationary bike & decided to just stop buying them.I don't think those $100-$125 bikes you get on Amazon are designed to go for 60-80 min a day.The belt inside always wears out after about a year.I'm going to try & get into running/sprinting instead.

I'm not sure what your bike is like, but I was able to replace my own belt to my elliptical for $20. I wasn't about shell out $1500> just because a belt wore lol.

Do both, you will be rewarded

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I do a 30 min session and a 60 minute session 6 days a week (barring outside influences) I flip it daily ,cardio 30 lifting 60, 60 cardio 30 lifting, Add in GW and the results are outstanding. If you lift right you should be buggered after lifting as well. That rest period should be bare minimum if it's weight loss your after.

It doesn't matter if it's cardio or resistance training, caloric expenditure is entirely dependant on intensity and duration...period. you can burn way more with weight training compared to cardio if you are training at high intensity for an hour compared to 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardio. It also works vice versa. Obviously the guy texting and chatting taking 10 minutes between sets isn't burning shit in 2 hours compared to the guy doing 15 minutes of HIIT. See where I'm going with this?

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

His exactly !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom