Quads: 19,49 inches
Calves: 14,17 inches

Measurements today:
Waist: 29,9 inches
Arms: 12,6 inches
Quads: 20,07 inches
Calves: 14,37 inches
Chest: 33,5 inches

I might add more cardio because I am gaining too much weight even though my waist is around the same... I am bigger now for sure and I have very good definition and detail on my back, arms and delts but the abdominal area is where all my fat seems to be at. I was looking to add more cardio and changing for more a recomposition instead of bulking even though calories are low (2100kcal for 5 weeks)

Great job Jeff!! And good job with making adjustment based off of how your body is responding!

Great job Jeff!! And good job with making adjustment based off of how your body is responding!

Thanks bro. I will post tomorrow some progress pictures and I would love if you guys could give your HONEST opinion If I am holding more fat or not and so forth...

Thanks bro. I will post tomorrow some progress pictures and I would love if you guys could give your HONEST opinion If I am holding more fat or not and so forth...

If your eating 2100 cal, i doubt you are gaining fat or muscle, probably water weight. In order to gain a pound a week you would have to be in a 500cal per day surplus which isn't happening. Post progress pics.

5d4795282dace32b6c8854625828208c.jpg
14b91349c80a4d3a60e85acc028ca128.jpg
5185fa454f124cbc615d160386bcb599.jpg
ccbe6e1d0e8511206cbbdb28b0223e5f.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

If your eating 2100 cal, i doubt you are gaining fat or muscle, probably water weight. In order to gain a pound a week you would have to be in a 500cal per day surplus which isn't happening. Post progress pics.

My metabolism is horrible. I made a dna test which proofs where they analyze my genes, I am very susceptible too metabolic syndrome and easily store fat and so much more info (I took hours to read everything)

My metabolism is horrible. I made a dna test which proofs where they analyze my genes, I am very susceptible too metabolic syndrome and easily store fat and so much more info (I took hours to read everything)

Thanks for posting the updated pic. Did the DNA test results provide any nutrition/diet recommendations based on your genes? Hard to say where your weight is being held, IMO it is water weight.

I have said it before and I will say it again, IMO I do not think the workout routine (high high volume) you are doing is best suited for you.

Thanks for posting the updated pic. Did the DNA test results provide any nutrition/diet recommendations based on your genes? Hard to say where your weight is being held, IMO it is water weight.

I have said it before and I will say it again, IMO I do not think the workout routine (high high volume) you are doing is best suited for you.

Yes. I do not respond well to carbs and I have a hard time to burn fat due to MANY aspects... They advice me to do fasted cardio because I have a hard time to switch from carbs to fat burn.
Some of the results:
"Your genetic profile for insulin function is below average which could lead to difficulties metabolizing glucose and to higher fat storage. (...) get the majority of carbohydrates from fruits, vegetables and legumes. Your insulin efficiency is below average and a diet that is high in carbohydrates (greater than 60% of total daily calories) is not generally recommended. You would be better suited to a diet which contains a low to moderate amount of carbohydrates. You also need to make smart choices in terms of the carbohydrates you consume. "

Training Advices:
16 to 22 sets per workout
6-10 reps
90-120 seconds of rest between sets
Tempo: 2:0:1:0

Cardio:
Implementing a minimum of 2—3 HIIT sessions (25—35 minutes each) each week in conjunction with a healthy diet will help spike your metabolic rate and significantly reduce your body fat levels. Additionally aim to include at least two 30-minute cardio sessions each week into your training regimen. Aim to maintain the intensity within the fat oxidation maximum range (40—60% VO2 max).

I can try to send a more detail information if you want tho

About the pictures.. I have added 6lbs so far, you think it ain't fat ? I feel that I gained fat and some muscle, but I don't like how I look unflexed

Really undecided what I should do. Maybe not lean enough and lack of muscle clearly

LOL Dude, I don't like how I look unflexed either VS flexed or pumped at the gym. Be nice if we could stay that way right? Guess that's why they say your always chasing the pump, you see yourself after a workout and say damn, need to keep working so I look like that normally, guess what we never will. Congrats on your progress looking good man, stick to it! Hell of a difference from your start

LOL Dude, I don't like how I look unflexed either VS flexed or pumped at the gym. Be nice if we could stay that way right? Guess that's why they say your always chasing the pump, you see yourself after a workout and say damn, need to keep working so I look like that normally, guess what we never will. Congrats on your progress looking good man, stick to it! Hell of a difference from your start

Thanks a lot bro, very nice words and honest ones as well... I think I did good progress but currently I don’t know what should I do... if keep gaining size or cut calories ... our minds are our biggest enemies [emoji23]

About the pictures.. I have added 6lbs so far, you think it ain't fat ? I feel that I gained fat and some muscle, but I don't like how I look unflexed

Eating like a bird at 2100 kcals per day I would say highly unlikely it's fat, that would require an excess of 21,000 kcals and the 6 lbs you have put on in 31/32 days would suggest an excess of ~700 kcals per day if it was fat gain

Last edited:
Well Jeff, let me begin by saying, bad genes or not, you are looking 100% better than when this thread started. You have made tremendous progress despite having below average insulin sensitivity and/or bad genes.

We can't control our genetics anymore than we can control what color eyes we were born with. I don't have the best genetics either, but that's ok. I don't use that as an excuse not to push forward. We can still make progress, we just have to work a little harder and smarter than the average guy. I try to direct my attention to the things I can control, which is primarily nutrition, proper/structured training and above all...consistency. After all in the end, we are only competing against ourselves.

To be honest, not sure how to tell you to proceed. Looking at your pictures, I do not think you are packing on fat because your ab's are still visible. If you had gained 6lbs of fat with your current body composition, I think your ab's would have disappeared. I would say continue doing what you are presently doing...leave calories the same.

I agree with Iron. The fat you gained if any is minimal. I'd continue at same calories until you either stall on weight gain or you're clearly gaining fat. You've done a phenomenal job.

Thanks a lot bro, very nice words and honest ones as well... I think I did good progress but currently I don’t know what should I do... if keep gaining size or cut calories ... our minds are our biggest enemies [emoji23]

Depends on your goals Bro, it's all up to you. You know you can have success as you just achieved it, so decide and go from there.

Great Job Jeff!!! The improvements from when you started are undeniable!! Here is my advice for you, stop dwelling on genetics and how limiting they may be!! Everything you every will attain or not attain is a direct reflection of what you choose to dwell on!! If you want to dwell on what limits you have then that’s exactly the results you will get! Focus on the things you can control and don’t stop grinding till you achieve it!! There is story after story of people defying their genetic potential. Look at Dustin Padrioia he is a All star second baseman at the highest level of his sport!! Genetically he isnt suppose to be playing at that level let alone doing it better then most in the world!!! Change your mind and you change your world!!! If I was you I would be telling myself that I have great genetics and it’s just a matter of time before I reach my goal!! The mind and what you believe is the fuel for everything you achieve or don’t achieve, pick which outlook you want to take and fucking go for it!!! I am not better then anyone else but I am by no means less!! God created me and HE DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES!!!!! Just my opinion brother!!!

Great Job Jeff!!! The improvements from when you started are undeniable!! Here is my advice for you, stop dwelling on genetics and how limiting they may be!! Everything you every will attain or not attain is a direct reflection of what you choose to dwell on!! If you want to dwell on what limits you have then that’s exactly the results you will get! Focus on the things you can control and don’t stop grinding till you achieve it!! There is story after story of people defying their genetic potential. Look at Dustin Padrioia he is a All star second baseman at the highest level of his sport!! Genetically he isnt suppose to be playing at that level let alone doing it better then most in the world!!! Change your mind and you change your world!!! If I was you I would be telling myself that I have great genetics and it’s just a matter of time before I reach my goal!! The mind and what you believe is the fuel for everything you achieve or don’t achieve, pick which outlook you want to take and fucking go for it!!! I am not better then anyone else but I am by no means less!! God created me and HE DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES!!!!! Just my opinion brother!!!
Damn CC you made me all motivated just reading this! I better go hit the gym right now!

Top Bottom