napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Thinking about joining the air national guard

best thing I can tell you is do your homework ask me ask people you know. and find the job you want talk to the people if you don't know anyone I may know someone in that career field and hook you up with them

Sounds good. Thanks. I don't even know what careers are good?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

think of a job and find out. medical computers find something that is marketable outside after you get the training, something you can use outside the gates see what im saying

Yea one of my coworkers told me to try get into IT program

ya here is the key think about what you are going to be doing in 5 years then 10 years where do you see yourself? short and long term goals because you don't get to draw a retirement from the guard until 62. so if the shit hits the fan and you have to walk at 35 or even 40 do you really want to be on the flightline in an engine?

you are young now and resilient when you get into your 40s those jobs that were easy when you are 26 aint so easy and shit hurts a lot more hahaha in my opinion look for a job that you could do til you are 70 that is my logic anyway

I am currently in the Army and was once in the Army National guard for a little while in between my active enlistments. id say if it's something you want to do then go for it but do it for the right reasons. What state are you looking at joining? That will effect what jobs you can get because every job isn't in every state. What job are you looking at? I'd look into Special Ops Weatherman(SOWT) if your state offers it. I think that would be an awesome gig. The extra retirement is nice aswell, it's 62 to draw it but every active duty year you have takes one year off that number. A lot of states if you do 30 years will give you 50% of your base pay the day after you retire. Just some things to keep in mind.

I am currently in the Army and was once in the Army National guard for a little while in between my active enlistments. id say if it's something you want to do then go for it but do it for the right reasons. What state are you looking at joining? That will effect what jobs you can get because every job isn't in every state. What job are you looking at? I'd look into Special Ops Weatherman(SOWT) if your state offers it. I think that would be an awesome gig. The extra retirement is nice aswell, it's 62 to draw it but every active duty year you have takes one year off that number. A lot of states if you do 30 years will give you 50% of your base pay the day after you retire. Just some things to keep in mind.
I'm in the state of Hawaii I just want to do air guard. Not sure the job yet

well that is important if you wanna be a crew chief or a/c mechanic cuz you will be locked in to what they have there, you cant be a fighter mechanic with no fighter aircraft I would be they are cargo planes there c17s or c5s

Im pro military i say do it... Itl be a great experience and great incentives... And you can say your part of the greatest nations military.. Excule out finanial crises haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont mean to hijack but i think it's relevant what are the rules on aas and joining the military?? Do they test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom