napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Things I've observed and learned over the years, newbs/noobs read

44YOGearHead

Summarized a few things for the novice AAS user here that you might find beneficial and ask that others contribute their two cents as well since when it comes to the dissemination of information, usually more is better:

1. Your guy at the gym supplying you with gear is a. inexperienced, or b. unconcerned with your well being and c. only concerned with your money. You are overpaying and getting less than what your money could afford you here. His recommendations will, in the end, only benefit him.

2. PCT... it's essential and although persons recommend different things I'd prefer that you take the time to do it right rather than skimp out on something. Just because someone says 'I only use clomid' doesn't make it right. Understand that you will hold some gains usually no matter what IF you have some genetic potential and eat worth a damn. However the goal is to retain MOST of the gains, not some of them.

3. Fitness is about community. We help one another despite all the alpha bullshit, we help one another. So the negative persons out there... avoid them. Anyone worth a damn won't bad mouth someone without a proper sounding justification/reason. If your source has nothing good to say about another source, keep it in mind, store it away and realize he just proved your worth to him... $$$.

4. Mental approach is everything. Zest and passion for what you do is paramount. If you're so interested in fitness don't set limitations for yourself, but rather approach it with an open mind. Nobody sets out to look a certain way. Meaning 33 years ago when I first picked up a weight I probably never imagined looking the way I do now (not that I'm that impressive, but you understand what I'm saying bro's). Don't say what you won't look like. Weight training is funny that way. Especially when you are chemically enhanced. A goal of adding 20 pounds may end up 50 pounds, or 100 pounds over a decade, or two. Constraints are for quitters.

5. Goals. Understand them. I get PM's all the time from people saying 'my goal is to add x amount of pounds'. Think young Jedi. Say I add twenty pounds... to my upper torso and ignore my legs. Is that a good twenty pounds? Was that a successful cycle to have ended up looking as if a breeze might tip me over? I think not. Understand and have specific goals.

6. Maturity... mental and muscular. Puffy watery muscles look like shit usually and if the matter between your ears is the same well, enough said. Aspire to comprehend what it is that you are doing, know that it takes time. I once told a kid "10 years from now, you're gonna be a monster putting me to shame". I think I made his day as he got excited and thanked me, but what was most impressive is that his brain acknowledged that it would take a decade in order to look a certain way. If you approach life with maturity 9 times out of 10 you're successful. Why not adapt that same mentality when it comes to your gains?

7. Women. God bless them I love them one and all. However, if they are your main reason for going to the gym. You're not interested in gaining muscle, you just want some ass and that can be done at a freaking bar/club. Prioritize please. Also if your mouth tends to say shit like 'I want to put my cock/dick up your...' dude just fucking die. I love women and I realize some are better than others, some are trouble, some you take home, some you take home to momma and some should just be left alone. BUT realize that one day you might have a daughter, you already have a mother... just present yourself with a bit of respect when dealing with them. Don't be a fool, or a sucker mind you. I personally always afford women enough rope to do one of two things, pull themselves in to safety, or hang themselves. Keep the filth to yourself bro's. Nobody wants to hear shit like that out your mouth of read it online.

8. Personal assessments: Be honest. Look at your physique with a discerning eye. Take off the beer goggles and identify flaws rather than strengths and approach training from the perspective of bringing up your short comings, rather than accentuating your strengths.

9. Never underestimate anything/ anyone. I'll leave this a broad statement so that you might ponder it and formulate your own opinion as to what I mean.

10. Be a force. You are, we all are, works in progress constantly pushing and shoving towards our goals. Apply this to your education, financial well being and life in general and you'll be a winner. Yes, there are leaders and their are followers. We all know this and sadly some 'leaders' are just in fact misinformed followers, however with an open mind and an attentive ear we can groom ourselves to be successful leaders regardless. Be, Know and Do. Be proficient, Know what it is that you are doing, both how and why; Do what is required in excess to assure success.

I tried to focus this on the gym and the lifestyle, but everything is relative. Our progression in life is dictated by how we approach life itself. If you read this and found yourself bored, or failed to see my point and comprehend it... that says more about you than me. I'm 45yo and have been retired 3 years. I could've retired at age 39, but I trudged on another 4 years to attain a goal. Four years (1460 days) to be better equipped for enjoying my life. Why do some folks have issue with investing four years into their physiques before dabbling in AAS? I don't know why...

Anyways, shout out to my peeps you know who you are, shout out to the one person on here that I have a soft spot for and shout out to the folks who actually use their brain cells on occasion. Lord knows I try and times like this when I succeed should be annotated.

The 44

Last edited:
Thanks 44! You just helped me light the fire for leg day. I am 45 also, just started some ostabolic about a week ago and caught a friggin cold. I feel like ass but leg day is up on the schedule and i was trying to mentally pick easier exercises until I read your post. Now I am thinking F' that, I want me some useless slabs of meat from my knees to my hips by the time I am done today.

Add to #7...
Stop it with the dick pics. NOBODY wants to see that shit. Even though most women like the dick, they don't want to see a picture of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Summarized a few things for the novice AAS user here that you might find beneficial and ask that others contribute their two cents as well since when it comes to the dissemination of information, usually more is better:

1. Your guy at the gym supplying you with gear is a. inexperienced, or b. unconcerned with your well being and c. only concerned with your money. You are overpaying and getting less than what your money could afford you here. His recommendations will, in the end, only benefit him.

2. PCT... it's essential and although persons recommend different things I'd prefer that you take the time to do it right rather than skimp out on something. Just because someone says 'I only use clomid' doesn't make it right. Understand that you will hold some gains usually no matter what IF you have some genetic potential and eat worth a damn. However the goal is to retain MOST of the gains, not some of them.

3. Fitness is about community. We help one another despite all the alpha bullshit, we help one another. So the negative persons out there... avoid them. Anyone worth a damn won't bad mouth someone without a proper sounding justification/reason. If your source has nothing good to say about another source, keep it in mind, store it away and realize he just proved your worth to him... $$$.

4. Mental approach is everything. Zest and passion for what you do is paramount. If you're so interested in fitness don't set limitations for yourself, but rather approach it with an open mind. Nobody sets out to look a certain way. Meaning 33 years ago when I first picked up a weight I probably never imagined looking the way I do now (not that I'm that impressive, but you understand what I'm saying bro's). Don't say what you won't look like. Weight training is funny that way. Especially when you are chemically enhanced. A goal of adding 20 pounds may end up 50 pounds, or 100 pounds over a decade, or two. Constraints are for quitters.

5. Goals. Understand them. I get PM's all the time from people saying 'my goal is to add x amount of pounds'. Think young Jedi. Say I add twenty pounds... to my upper torso and ignore my legs. Is that a good twenty pounds? Was that a successful cycle to have ended up looking as if a breeze might tip me over? I think not. Understand and have specific goals.

6. Maturity... mental and muscular. Puffy watery muscles look like shit usually and if the matter between your ears is the same well, enough said. Aspire to comprehend what it is that you are doing, know that it takes time. I once told a kid "10 years from now, you're gonna be a monster putting me to shame". I think I made his day as he got excited and thanked me, but what was most impressive is that his brain acknowledged that it would take a decade in order to look a certain way. If you approach life with maturity 9 times out of 10 you're successful. Why not adapt that same mentality when it comes to your gains?

7. Women. God bless them I love them one and all. However, if they are your main reason for going to the gym. You're not interested in gaining muscle, you just want some ass and that can be done at a freaking bar/club. Prioritize please. Also if your mouth tends to say shit like 'I want to put my cock/dick up your...' dude just fucking die. I love women and I realize some are better than others, some are trouble, some you take home, some you take home to momma and some should just be left alone. BUT realize that one day you might have a daughter, you already have a mother... just present yourself with a bit of respect when dealing with them. Don't be a fool, or a sucker mind you. I personally always afford women enough rope to do one of two things, pull themselves in to safety, or hang themselves. Keep the filth to yourself bro's. Nobody wants to hear shit like that out your mouth of read it online.

8. Personal assessments: Be honest. Look at your physique with a discerning eye. Take off the beer goggles and identify flaws rather than strengths and approach training from the perspective of bringing up your short comings, rather than accentuating your strengths.

9. Never underestimate anything/ anyone. I'll leave this a broad statement so that you might ponder it and formulate your own opinion as to what I mean.

10. Be a force. You are, we all are, works in progress constantly pushing and shoving towards our goals. Apply this to your education, financial well being and life in general and you'll be a winner. Yes, there are leaders and their are followers. We all know this and sadly some 'leaders' are just in fact misinformed followers, however with an open mind and an attentive ear we can groom ourselves to be successful leaders regardless. Be, Know and Do. Be proficient, Know what it is that you are doing, both how and why; Do what is required in excess to assure success.

I tried to focus this on the gym and the lifestyle, but everything is relative. Our progression in life is dictated by how we approach life itself. If you read this and found yourself bored, or failed to see my point and comprehend it... that says more about you than me. I'm 45yo and have been retired 3 years. I could've retired at age 39, but I trudged on another 4 years to attain a goal. Four years (1460 days) to be better equipped for enjoying my life. Why do some folks have issue with investing four years into their physiques before dabbling in AAS? I don't know why...

Anyways, shout out to my peeps you know who you are, shout out to the one person on here that I have a soft spot for and shout out to the folks who actually use their brain cells on occasion. Lord knows I try and times like this when I succeed should be annotated.

The 44

Well said, I'm 47 and totally understand all you've said. It's hard and a lot of what you take will apply to your life and marriage and parenting.
Just one thing used to bother me and I saw it all the time and repeated every season. Guy gets some size, looks good in his bathroom mirror and tells his friends. The guy is completely not ready, he has about three body parts and is lacking in all areas. He trains and diets and his so called friends tell him how great he looks. The owner of the gym pushes him too because it's free advertising.
So guy enters the show and is not even ready for the swimming pool and you can hear people laughing in the crowd. Before you do a show go to shows, learn to pose learn what a tan is and how it's not enough. The one thing I kept in mind and listened to was that I wAs going to be opening myself up to 2500 people almost nude, and that was it. It will scare you into condition and make you stick to that diet, a lot of friends mean well, but they can send you to the slaughterhouse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^ very true. Real friends don't kiss your ass. I'm super critical, I'm fanatical in fact. Every day I judge myself and no matter how many guys I see walk in the gym thinking they are there that aren't even though it might serve as motivation as to where I am personally I know there is always someone out there killing it. I'm okay for a guy in the gym, people might stare and all that shit, but I'm just an okay guy who lifts nothing more IMO. I just want to live and enjoy life, be happy and touch those I care to touch in a positive way and yet I need to feel as if someone gives a fuck about me as well. We're all psycho's to some extent I guess. I just want to be a strong, big and humble one I guess.

Another great post! I love this family, always the truth wether it's the kind of truth that lifts you up and inspires you or the kind that slaps you in the face and boots you up the arse 😁

It's never too late to reinvent yourself!

Top Bottom