napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Splits or full body routine??

I've been doing the same split for more then 10 years and also have had numerous people doing my split and it's proven to be extremely affective for both bulking and cutting. Gaining mass or leaning out is primarily diet. Unless your on AAS you can't or shouldn't train large muscles more then once a week and smaller ones more then Twice a week if you want to heal and recover properly. My split:
Day 1 chest and tris ( if this is a Monday then do back and bis and do chest on Tuesday, for some reason Monday's have always been National Chest day)
Day 2 back and bis with abs
Day 3 off or cardio if cutting
Day 4 legs and calves
Day 5 shoulders and arms and abs ( every other week do arms before shoulders)
Day 6-7 is OFF ( cardio if cutting, eating and resting if bulking)
Their is more to this, when you do bis and tris on Day 1-2 you should be doing isolation movements after you train your chest or back and then on Day 5 you should do compound movements, every once in awhile for days 1-2 train your arms first to pre fatigue them before training back or chest, I will never do the same workout over and over. I change it up with my rep range and rest time and also with the exercises. For the most part if you don't know many exercises you can do the same routine for a long time you just have to change up the rep range/rest time. If Monday I trained chest heavy then tomorrow when I do back I'll go light with high reps and minimal rest time. Then on Thursday when I do legs I'll go heavy 6-10 reps resting up to 3 minutes on compound movements and Friday when I do shoulders and arms I'll go medium reps 12-15 resting up to 1 1/2 minutes if compound movements. REGARDLESS what rep range I'm doing it's ALWAYS train to failure once properly warmed up. Form is key and every movement has a contraction or flexing of the muscle at the end of the positive part of the movement. Sometimes I'll hold up to 3 seconds for the squeeze. Never sit between reps and leave that Damn phone in your car and drink some water, walk around and get refocused for your next set. If I'm cutting I'll do my wake up cardio. I usuallytry not to train until the afternoon after I've had at least 2 meals getting my glucose storage up. The key is your intensity in the gym and what you do when you leave the gym to recover so when you walk back into the gym those muscle have healed and recovered and are ready to be shocked again.

Last edited:
One bodyprt a day you'll only train it 1x a week and you'll miss out in training. Most muscles will repair after 48 hrs
Back/bi
Legs
Chest/tri
Back/bi
Legs
Chest/tri
Rest
and repeat.
Everything gets worked out once its recovers. 18-20 max sets each body part per week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoulders?

I've been doing the same split for more then 10 years and also have had numerous people doing my split and it's proven to be extremely affective for both bulking and cutting. Gaining mass or leaning out is primarily diet. Unless your on AAS you can't or shouldn't train large muscles more then once a week and smaller ones more then Twice a week if you want to heal and recover properly. My split:
Day 1 chest and tris ( if this is a Monday then do back and bis and do chest on Tuesday, for some reason Monday's have always been National Chest day)
Day 4 legs and calves
Their is more to this, when you do bis and tris on Day 1-2 you should be doing isolation movements after you train your chest or back and then on Day 5 you should do compound movements, every once in awhile for days 1-2 train your arms first to pre fatigue them before training back or chest, I will never do the same workout over and over. I change it up with my rep range and rest time and also with the exercises. For the most part if you don't know many exercises you can do the same routine for a long time you just have to change up the rep range/rest time. If Monday I trained chest heavy then tomorrow when I do back I'll go light with high reps and minimal rest time. Then on Thursday when I do legs I'll go heavy 6-10 reps resting up to 3 minutes on compound movements and Friday when I do shoulders and arms I'll go medium reps 12-15 resting up to 1 1/2 minutes if compound movements. REGARDLESS what rep range I'm doing it's ALWAYS train to failure once properly warmed up. Form is key and every movement has a contraction or flexing of the muscle at the end of the positive part of the movement. Sometimes I'll hold up to 3 seconds for the squeeze. Never sit between reps and leave that Damn phone in your car and drink some water, walk around and get refocused for your next set. If I'm cutting I'll do my wake up cardio. I usuallytry not to train until the afternoon after I've had at least 2 meals getting my glucose storage up. The key is your intensity in the gym and what you do when you leave the gym to recover so when you walk back into the gym those muscle have healed and recovered and are ready to be shocked again.
This......Fuckin awesome and great intuition IMO

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Day 4 legs and calves
I think ill be trying this routine. It seems legit😎

Like I said it's been working for myself and everyone of my clients since I started training. If for some reason you can only do a three day split then I do
Mon- back and chest with abs ( each week change which one you do first and once in awhile I would say do a combination of push pull)
Tue-off
We'd- legs and calves
Thurs- off
Fri- shoulder and arms with abs ( same thing every other week change up which part you do first)
One last thing that I forgot to mention, I always had a rule of thumb that you don't train for more then 45 minutes with weights. The body only can store so much glucose and after 45 minutes of intense weight training your depleted. So make a plan or when you start training it's all business!
If anyone has any questions hit me up.

Top Bottom