napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Splits or full body routine??

modyio

Hey im trying to put together my workout plan and im confused about doing splits or full body workouts im bulking and been training for a year i need to get the most of my workouts

If you're looking for size absolutely split. One body part per day, 2/3 days on, day off, repeat.

If you're looking for size absolutely split. One body part per day, 2/3 days on, day off, repeat.
Ok then what about:
Mon:chest
Tue:back
wed:legs
Thu:biceps & triceps
Fri:shoulders & traps
I would train abs 3 times a week, is this routine good or what would you suggest?

That's close to mine.
I do
chest/tri's
back/bi's/ab's
legs
shoulders/traps/ab's
off
start again on the 6th day….always a different day of the week for any given routine

Lot of varying opinions on optimal training. Some people only train each body part once a week, some, like the bulgarian method, has you squatting everyday of the week...

In general I think most believe a split is most beneficial.

Ok then what about:
I would train abs 3 times a week, is this routine good or what would you suggest?

That's a very typical 5 day split. If you deadlift and squat you may want to swap things around. chest-back-arms-shoulders-legs.

I like a little more frequency and less volume personally. I do

Push
Pull
Off
Legs
Push
Off
Off
Pull
Push
Off
Legs
Pull
Off
Off
Repeat

So I'm hitting everything but legs 1.5 times a week. Alternating between light and heavy on my big compounds. I personally like having a limited amount of movements and focusing on getting strong on them. For chest I just do flat bench and incline for example. At the end of the day if you like your routine, are are getting progressive overload, you can recover and you're consistent you have a good routine.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

If you've only been training for a year and still building a foundation of strength/size, and have not attained intermediate strength standards on the big 3 (225 B / 315 S / 405 DL), then just stick do a full body split, 3x per week, or an upper, lower, off split imo.

Ok then what about:

Don't train 5 days in a row, refer to my previous post.

Pretty standard split. Always be aware of when you need to change. Change your days, your exercises, etc.

It depends on who you ask and how people respond. Everyone is different. I myself don't like a typical "bro split" at all doing a major body part per day high volume. I never make progress on that shit

I do a upper body/ lower body split high intensity low volume. Everything is hit twice per week and I grow like crazy.

Everybody has their thing. You just have to try something out yourself and see what works. It's all trial and error

I think full body workout are not effective as splits because in splits you focus on a certain muscle every day, maybe im wrong😁

It depends on who you ask and how people respond. Everyone is different. I myself don't like a typical "bro split" at all doing a major body part per day high volume. I never make progress on that shit

I do a upper body/ lower body split high intensity low volume. Everything is hit twice per week and I grow like crazy.

Everybody has their thing. You just have to try something out yourself and see what works. It's all trial and error
Ok then what full body routine would you recommend me iam gonna try hitting every body part twice a week and see if it would work out for me and thanks for your help.

I use 1/2 body splits.

Workout 1
Legs, bi's, tri's

Workout 2.
Back/chest/shoulders.

Abs both days.

I workout 3 days, cardio the other 2 days.

So I just rotate between each workout.

Currently I'm doing
Mon- chest/bicep
Tues-legs/shoulders
Wed-back/triceps
Thursday-legs/shoulders
Fri-chest/triceps
Sat-back/bi
Sun- rest
Mon-wed powerlifting and strength repetitions
Thurs-sat bodybuilding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M - Chest / abs
T - Legs (not much due to back injury)
W - Back / abs
T - Shoulders
F - Arms / abs
S - full body (high rep fast tempo)

HiiT cardio 3 times a week and a long run on the weekend

I personally like upper lower split when cutting 2days on 1 day off hit body parts 2x a week. When I'm bulking I do

Chest Bi
Back Tri
Off
Shoulders Traps
Legs
Off
Off
Repeat

I'm having success with

Sun push (chest,shoulders, tri)

Mon legs