napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Recomp

Lulu23

About to do a normal cycle of mk2866 only. My goal is recomp and heal up some nagging injuries.

I plan to lose about ten lbs of fat over the next twelve weeks, and maybe gain 3-4 lbs of lbm. I plan to keep a 500 cal deficit.

I'm male, 5'6", 156 lbs, 18% bf. If I lose ten lbs of fat and gain a few lbs of lbm, I'll lend up around 10-11% bf of my calculations are correct.

Do you guys think around 1800 cals are good with a 30% pro, 30%fat, 40%carb would achieve this? This is based off the nutrition advice sticky and my general knowledge.

I will be lifting 4 days a week (push, pull, legs), with minimal cardio.

Cycle will be:
25 mk2866 for 12 weeks
Maybe tongat ali (what weeks?)

Mini pct.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Are you stuck on just MK-2866 solo? The triple stack would be excellent for you here, and at the bare minimum I'd at least add GW to it

Not stuck on it but it'll be my first rodeo and this is a big step for me I acknowledge the extreme mini step.

GW benefits would be?

Not stuck on it but it'll be my first rodeo and this is a big step for me I acknowledge the extreme mini step.

GW benefits would be?

GW is the absolute best sarm of all for fat loss. It causes your body to burn its own fat for fuel. It's extremely effctive for cutting bodyfat. It also has huge benefits for endurance, as well as health benefits (lowering blood pressure, improving lipids, resting heart rate, etc)

Would mk give me at least some benefits with this plan of a 500 cal deficit and training?

Yes you would absolutely see benefits. I just think you would be more in tune with your goals by adding in the GW

i don't have personal experience with mk2866, but I do feel those macros are a bit off to recomp. I feel like 30p 30f 40c would produce less than optimal results. Everyone is different when it comes to their body's requirements, but I feel protein and fat should be raised. I believe you only need enough carbs to make it through the workout/day. Anything extra is a waste in my opinion. Try experimenting with carbs only around breakfast and training (pre/post). That would put you on the lower end of total carbs. If you feel too weak throughout the week you can add in about 20-40grams of carbs until you feel better. In my experience, as long as you have enough protein to support growth, you can fill the rest of your macros with fat to hit your calorie requirements. Example: 200lb guy could try 250p 100c (only breakfast/pre/post workout) and the rest in fat. I feel like most people overestimate how many grams of carbs they need. Also, the same people are weary about taking in too much fat.

Recomp is the most difficult thing to accomplish and I feel an "only as many carbs as you truely need" approach is a good base guideline for recomp. Keep track of your lifts and try to train in the same order each week so you can accurately measure progress. Once you figure out what you truely need to maintain energy, you can then add carbs back in slowly to ensure progress in the gym without overshooting your needs.

You're more than likely not going to make gains like you would if you were on a full blown bulk. Recomp straddles a fine line between maintenance and gain. Like I stated earlier, start with only pre and post workout carbs (you can have some carbs in breakfast if you train at night) and adjust depending on how you feel/the weight you're moving.

As for total calories, base it off maintenance and add just enough to make sure you're going in the right direction. You'll have to be real honest with yourself and how you look in the mirror.

Good luck brother!

D.

Last edited:
i would look at changing your nutrients around to 50-55% protein, 30-35% carbs and 10-15% fats with your current stats and goals...

i don't have personal experience with mk2866, but I do feel those macros are a bit off to recomp. I feel like 30p 30f 40c would produce less than optimal results. Everyone is different when it comes to their body's requirements, but I feel protein and fat should be raised. I believe you only need enough carbs to make it through the workout/day. Anything extra is a waste in my opinion. Try experimenting with carbs only around breakfast and training (pre/post). That would put you on the lower end of total carbs. If you feel too weak throughout the week you can add in about 20-40grams of carbs until you feel better. In my experience, as long as you have enough protein to support growth, you can fill the rest of your macros with fat to hit your calorie requirements. Example: 200lb guy could try 250p 100c (only breakfast/pre/post workout) and the rest in fat. I feel like most people overestimate how many grams of carbs they need. Also, the same people are weary about taking in too much fat.

Recomp is the most difficult thing to accomplish and I feel an "only as many carbs as you truely need" approach is a good base guideline for recomp. Keep track of your lifts and try to train in the same order each week so you can accurately measure progress. Once you figure out what you truely need to maintain energy, you can then add carbs back in slowly to ensure progress in the gym without overshooting your needs.

You're more than likely not going to make gains like you would if you were on a full blown bulk. Recomp straddles a fine line between maintenance and gain. Like I stated earlier, start with only pre and post workout carbs (you can have some carbs in breakfast if you train at night) and adjust depending on how you feel/the weight you're moving.

As for total calories, base it off maintenance and add just enough to make sure you're going in the right direction. You'll have to be real honest with yourself and how you look in the mirror.

Good luck brother!

D.
Check out my diet thread bro https://www.isarms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3314

^^ just did. Great write up! I guess what I was really trying to tell lulu23 is, you have to find what works for you. Because honestly, your diet thread recommendations are pretty much what I do now. I eat in the 50p 30c 20f range now. If I'm being honest though, I definitely took the long way around to figure out those numbers. Crash dieting, etc.

I wish I would've found a thread like yours way back in the day. Would have saved a lot of trial and error, but would I have believed it 100% to be the correct/only approach without failing so many times like I did? Probably not. I guess I was hard headed and liked to learn the hard way back then.

Again, great read and I will always reference back to your thread when starting a new diet.

Ps: how to I give rep points for you writing such a good thread?

^^ just did. Great write up! I guess what I was really trying to tell lulu23 is, you have to find what works for you. Because honestly, your diet thread recommendations are pretty much what I do now. I eat in the 50p 30c 20f range now. If I'm being honest though, I definitely took the long way around to figure out those numbers. Crash dieting, etc.

I wish I would've found a thread like yours way back in the day. Would have saved a lot of trial and error, but would I have believed it 100% to be the correct/only approach without failing so many times like I did? Probably not. I guess I was hard headed and liked to learn the hard way back then.

Again, great read and I will always reference back to your thread when starting a new diet.

No rep point system here bud, but it's not necessary. I'm just happy you found the info provided useful and informative. I truly appreciate the positive feedback!

I'm on week 7 of an osta/gw cycle, down several percent in fat, put on about 3pds of muscle so far.

Plus got rid of my shoulder tendinitis. (its awesome for that, its my goto for 4 weeks when it hits)

there are no rep points brother but you can always go into the thread and leave your feedback there or simply just tell rick how you feel about it... a good word like that goes a very long way...

Top Bottom