napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

One of Drb's first posts here.

Jake

steroids and diets in the 60's

So four of my best buddies are about to begin our journey into the weights.School let out on May 30,and did not resume until the day after Labor Day which was usually around September 6th. With stars in our eyes,with great intentions, imaginations running wild, we invoke all that we need in regard to discipline,hard work and perseverance.
We excitedly clean out mom's basement and fill it with weights and benches. The room is 30x30 with one 100watt bulb hanging in the middle of the room.We all call each other Bonehead. If you were to holler..."hey Bonehead", you may get four answers, since there were 5 Boneheads all working out together.
We gathered, begged and collected weights and benches from our older brothers and built some benches with 2x4's. The incline sit up was a 2x12 x10. It inclined based upon how many bricks you put under it. A piece of chain was nailed to it for the feet.
I loved doing alternate dumbell curls on the inclined bench. I was up to 35lb dumbs.
We were on our 3 months journey! One guy has an older brother who is trying out for the USA oylmpic team in powerlifting. Well, he sends us this clear wrap with a rubber band on it that was full of blue pills. His big brother said for us to take 5 per day but not all at once. So that is how information got gleaned and circulated.No writing about aas,no talking about it in public, and certainly no internet On day 14 my curls on the incline are now 50lbs and all of us are freaking. I said.."hey Bonehead..find out what these pills are." I just had to know what was this superman drug,that was turning us into steel.
Bonehead comes back next workout day and says.."my brother said that these are Test Pills." "OH SHIT" I exclaim!..."And he is testing them on us"? "Find out what the drug is, or the chemical in them and why is he testing them on us"? He comes back next workout and says.."the drug is test" So let me see...these are test pills and they contain test. I called him an idiot and said we will all die. There is no drug called test. Well he said days latter, my brother told me that they are made from monkey vomit and parrot piss...so are you going to stop taking them? All 5 boneheads said in unison Noooo!
Latter some more news from his brother. After 5 weeks and we all are up by about 15lbs. None of us could stop looking in the mirror.
He said my big brother said to now start to eat only beef, eggs, cheese, and some bacon. Oh cool we all exclaimed! Until day 4. All we could talk about was bread, pie, cake etc. On the 4th night I was dreaming that I was eating thousands of pancakes...I woke up and my mouth was actually chewing. Next morning on day 5, I called them and said screw this diet ..lets go to the Pancake joint. We all pigged out on pancakes,eggs,sausage,bacon,OJ and lots of syrup, as in consumed the whole gurney of syrups. The next day we were all visibly bigger and visibly ripped. WTF one of us says!..He reminded us that we were going to try to go to Woodstock.. I said hell no...I am taking 8 test pills instead of 5 today and lifting as heavy and hard as possible.
And that was my summer of the 60's. Discovered D-Bol and a cyclical ketogenic diet all in three months.
Latter ,toward the end of August I had a chance to go to a Bodybuilding contest. I think it was a Mr.World. In the audience to observe was a 19 year old named Arnold . Now when I went there I figured that I would check myself out against these guys on stage. Instead I find myself talking to the biggest mother fucker I ever saw in my life.His arms were HUGE. I asked him if he took test pills...yikes! I could barely understand him,since his accent was so thick. Believe me..he has gotten lots better with English. He asked ...you mean zee dbol hahaha.,never heard of it. Haha..never heard of zee deca either haha. His laugh was booming and this guy had charisma. Sent my ass back home for sure.
I did go from 6'1 and 180 to 199lbs in three months, but lord did I see the long journey ahead.
Now yes we did do dbol only and went for 12 weeks. Lesson learned. When we went back to school we were back to close to our original weight. Where had all of our muscle gone..in only a few months.
That was my summer of the late 60's, and yes indeed it has been a long journey!

2x4.jpg

steroids and diets in the 60's

So four of my best buddies are about to begin our journey into the weights.School let out on May 30,and did not resume until the day after Labor Day which was usually around September 6th. With stars in our eyes,with great intentions, imaginations running wild, we invoke all that we need in regard to discipline,hard work and perseverance.
We excitedly clean out mom's basement and fill it with weights and benches. The room is 30x30 with one 100watt bulb hanging in the middle of the room.We all call each other Bonehead. If you were to holler..."hey Bonehead", you may get four answers, since there were 5 Boneheads all working out together.
We gathered, begged and collected weights and benches from our older brothers and built some benches with 2x4's. The incline sit up was a 2x12 x10. It inclined based upon how many bricks you put under it. A piece of chain was nailed to it for the feet.
I loved doing alternate dumbell curls on the inclined bench. I was up to 35lb dumbs.
We were on our 3 months journey! One guy has an older brother who is trying out for the USA oylmpic team in powerlifting. Well, he sends us this clear wrap with a rubber band on it that was full of blue pills. His big brother said for us to take 5 per day but not all at once. So that is how information got gleaned and circulated.No writing about aas,no talking about it in public, and certainly no internet On day 14 my curls on the incline are now 50lbs and all of us are freaking. I said.."hey Bonehead..find out what these pills are." I just had to know what was this superman drug,that was turning us into steel.
Bonehead comes back next workout day and says.."my brother said that these are Test Pills." "OH SHIT" I exclaim!..."And he is testing them on us"? "Find out what the drug is, or the chemical in them and why is he testing them on us"? He comes back next workout and says.."the drug is test" So let me see...these are test pills and they contain test. I called him an idiot and said we will all die. There is no drug called test. Well he said days latter, my brother told me that they are made from monkey vomit and parrot piss...so are you going to stop taking them? All 5 boneheads said in unison Noooo!
Latter some more news from his brother. After 5 weeks and we all are up by about 15lbs. None of us could stop looking in the mirror.
He said my big brother said to now start to eat only beef, eggs, cheese, and some bacon. Oh cool we all exclaimed! Until day 4. All we could talk about was bread, pie, cake etc. On the 4th night I was dreaming that I was eating thousands of pancakes...I woke up and my mouth was actually chewing. Next morning on day 5, I called them and said screw this diet ..lets go to the Pancake joint. We all pigged out on pancakes,eggs,sausage,bacon,OJ and lots of syrup, as in consumed the whole gurney of syrups. The next day we were all visibly bigger and visibly ripped. WTF one of us says!..He reminded us that we were going to try to go to Woodstock.. I said hell no...I am taking 8 test pills instead of 5 today and lifting as heavy and hard as possible.
And that was my summer of the 60's. Discovered D-Bol and a cyclical ketogenic diet all in three months.
Latter ,toward the end of August I had a chance to go to a Bodybuilding contest. I think it was a Mr.World. In the audience to observe was a 19 year old named Arnold . Now when I went there I figured that I would check myself out against these guys on stage. Instead I find myself talking to the biggest mother fucker I ever saw in my life.His arms were HUGE. I asked him if he took test pills...yikes! I could barely understand him,since his accent was so thick. Believe me..he has gotten lots better with English. He asked ...you mean zee dbol hahaha.,never heard of it. Haha..never heard of zee deca either haha. His laugh was booming and this guy had charisma. Sent my ass back home for sure.
I did go from 6'1 and 180 to 199lbs in three months, but lord did I see the long journey ahead.
Now yes we did do dbol only and went for 12 weeks. Lesson learned. When we went back to school we were back to close to our original weight. Where had all of our muscle gone..in only a few months.
That was my summer of the late 60's, and yes indeed it has been a long journey!

View attachment 1382

That's an awesome story, and I love the whole "bonehead" thing. Lol

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Awesome story! What's sad is with all the information out there and a great forum like this most people I see in the gym don't have a CLUE what there doing and are defenitly hurting themselves more than helping. Back in the day they had to learn as they went there was no internet. I see guys all about the short term, d Bol only w no AI no pct etc.....I see it all the time. I found this forum and researched for a year before I ever made one pin and was nervous as hell, I wanted everything to be perfect and do things right. Hard to believe all the "boneheads" out there today. I look forward to my long journey, hooked since I picked up a dumbbell.

And one of the boneheads was Boyer Coe

Funny old post! But Boyer Coe was not one of the boneheads. My brother was, and another kind of famous BB from Louisiana was one.Lets just leave it at that.
Today Boyer no longer wears his wig!! Great guy still, looks good too.

Top Bottom