napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

New Moneygram Policy

Roidrage718

I went today and was told that due to the recent terrorism, Moneygram now requires all senders to know the date of birth and city of birth of the receiver.

An important detail for you all...

they are pretty much all going to convert to this at some point... they will probably take a nice hit over this though and im sure someone will come up with something to come along and swoop up the business... its a never ending cycle...

It's unfortunate reality. More of our freedoms are taken away all the time because of shit. Just look at what the ridiculous patriot act did to us. They can pretty much do anything they want whenever they want

I went today and was told that due to the recent terrorism, Moneygram now requires all senders to know the date of birth and city of birth of the receiver.

An important detail for you all...

That's a weird way to do it because your id don't have the city of birth on it, is it going to be a new question on the form or something?

Ignorant to money gram but do you need an id to pick up money? If not then have both parties agree on a birthday and city of birth.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That's a weird way to do it because your id don't have the city of birth on it, is it going to be a new question on the form or something?

Its not on the form now...maybe they will update it soon and include it. I walked up with the paperwork completed and the woman said "So we have a new policy now. Due to the recent terrorist acts, we now need you to confirm the DOB and birth city of the person you're sending to. Get that info and come back to me".

I think as of now they have to enter it on their end before pushing it through.

I've done this dozens of times and haven't had anyyyy hassle whatsoever...no ID check no questioning..nothing...The place I go to never gave two shits up to now.

Ignorant to money gram but do you need an id to pick up money? If not then have both parties agree on a birthday and city of birth.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was assuming it was a fake i.d. situation since you can't get more than $50 without an i.d. anymore, Unless it's not a kiosk, but that's how most of them do it now.

It's the cartels that are messing it up for us, and the "terrorists" but we will always find a way

That's the truth. It's just unfortunate that it's come to that. In the grand scheme of things "terrorists" will also find their way too

MoneyGram International Inc/Customer service 1 (800) 666-3947

Just got off the phone with MoneyGram International Inc/Customer service The policy has not changed still the same a valid ID and your place of birth to pick up money............

TIN Man

MoneyGram International Inc/Customer service 1 (800) 666-3947

Just got off the phone with MoneyGram International Inc/Customer service The policy has not changed still the same a valid ID and your place of birth to pick up money............

TIN Man
So do they actually VERIFY the birth location? If they look up information in databases then yes you can't fake it. Also what of the receiver?

Ive used those prepaid PayPal cards you can get at any store for ugl purchases before, very similar to reload it cards. I wonder if this is still an option

Ive used those prepaid PayPal cards you can get at any store for ugl purchases before, very similar to reload it cards. I wonder if this is still an option

To be honest you might as well just use paypal for all the info your giving them anyway, whats the difference other then a hassle. I'm starting to agree with Exdom, Bit coin is the waive of the future.

To be honest you might as well just use paypal for all the info your giving them anyway, whats the difference other then a hassle. I'm starting to agree with Exdom, Bit coin is the waive of the future.
Bitcoin is a PITA to set up but there soon will be services that make it easier to buy, sell and use bitcoin.

It sure is, just do some research on some keywords and phrases and you won't see any option that will come close, for example

privacy vs anonymity
bitcoin fog
dark wallet
btc tumbler services

if you get thru that list you will be hooked on the idea.

Top Bottom