napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Is this a new fad?

Jake

I went to pick my wife up at planet fitness, and there were 2 guys both doing barbell curls with those training masks on. I know that they have value when training for a run at altitude, and that they strengthen the diaphragm for runners, but what is the deal with using them for curls? First thing I told my wife was what are the assholes doing.She said give them the benefit of the doubt....I said NEVER. Am I missing something here? I will hate to have to tell wifey I was wrong...lol

It also beneficial if your a HOT soccer mom and the personal trainer at planet fitness want to get a better look at your TWINS, and says HEY I'll show you something "really cool" ...LOL

There's several guys that use them at my gym and they damn sure ain't training for high altitude, both of them are out of shape I just shake my head and keep doing my thing.

It's no different than training with your mouth closed and breathing exclusively through your nose or sticking in a mouthpiece and trying to breath through the mouth. Those masks are expensive pieces of trash. 100% gimmick.

Phurious Pharma Rep
[email protected]

I went to pick my wife up at planet fitness, and there were 2 guys both doing barbell curls with those training masks on. I know that they have value when training for a run at altitude, and that they strengthen the diaphragm for runners, but what is the deal with using them for curls? First thing I told my wife was what are the assholes doing.She said give them the benefit of the doubt....I said NEVER. Am I missing something here? I will hate to have to tell wifey I was wrong...lol

Piece of shit gimmick [emoji12]
If u can't reveal your face u don't get my wink![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There was one girl at my gym that wears one. She talked to me one day out in the parking lot and said she was actually allergic to exercise. Basically if she exerts too much at once she can break out in hives etc. I've seen her get real red and get off the treadmill from time to time and rest for a few minutes before getting back on. So assuming she's telling the truth, I felt sorta bad judging her beforehand. Nonetheless I still think they're stupid haha.

They've been around a little while. I'm not sure how valid they are or if they even work, but they look ridiculous. I know that much lol

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Just as I expected.Sure as hell don't need them for barbell curls. I think they only set off the lunk alarm when guys are high fiveing and clanging plates, and too loud of a banter. Anyway the guys with the masks seemed to be looking for attention as far as I was concerned, and probably not the kind I wanted to give them. My guess is that they may have showered together once or twice.

I got one for christmas they help you control your breathing under intense workouts. I use mine when I run and when I do crossfit. I dont care what anyone says it has helped me drastically and i have knocked minutes off of my benchmarks.

It restricts airflow in and out. MUCH MORE than breathing through your nose. Strengthens diaphram and other breathing muscles. Biggest thing it has done for me is train me to co trol my breathing to keep my heart rate down and it increases your VO2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

There was one girl at my gym that wears one. She talked to me one day out in the parking lot and said she was actually allergic to exercise. Basically if she exerts too much at once she can break out in hives etc. I've seen her get real red and get off the treadmill from time to time and rest for a few minutes before getting back on. So assuming she's telling the truth, I felt sorta bad judging her beforehand. Nonetheless I still think they're stupid haha.

that is completely understandable and if that is the case then i see no problem with it but for fucks sake... i wonder if the 1 out 50 that wear one in the gym realize how fucking stupid they look... well probably not... its worse than the people that look like they are going into convulsions doing lat pulldowns or cable rows... you know the once that bounce up and down back and forth 100 mph that look like they have tourettes... those morons... well they LOOK STUPIDER THAN THAT and that's VERY HARD to beat.. the only thing worse than the masks are the shadow boxers... nothing is worse than that

Just as I expected.Sure as hell don't need them for barbell curls. I think they only set off the lunk alarm when guys are high fiveing and clanging plates, and too loud of a banter. Anyway the guys with the masks seemed to be looking for attention as far as I was concerned, and probably not the kind I wanted to give them. My guess is that they may have showered together once or twice.

It help us too especially! If he is fugly so we don't get subjected by that harassment and can concentrate on our workout [emoji12][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Strength tra

It help us too especially! If he is fugly so we don't get subjected by that harassment and can concentrate on our workout [emoji12][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Strength tra

thats a damn good point! =)

Strength tra

Now that is not only a good point but I am quite sure it s applicable here in this case.

In the marines we just ran with our Pro Masks on (gas masks), that shit sucked and you're drenched in your own sweat with the lenses fogging up a bit till it turns to puddles. They have training value...if you plan on maneuvering through a chemical, biological, or radioactive hazard area to kick someones ass.

In the marines we just ran with our Pro Masks on (gas masks), that shit sucked and you're drenched in your own sweat with the lenses fogging up a bit till it turns to puddles. They have training value...if you plan on maneuvering through a chemical, biological, or radioactive hazard area to kick someones ass.

That's totally called for.
In the gym there are no imminent hazards instead of bunch of out of shape ppl lately I've seen wearing these masks. Most of them are young guys walking around w their sissy weights. I'm so motivated to tell them to just keep away from the French fries. Forget about the masks. [emoji6]

Top Bottom