napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Incomplete vs Complete Protein

frotestone2

I have done some research on incomplete and complete protein personally I think the supplement industries is full shit telling us that only animal sources of protein are complete, so then they can sell us their whey protein. I am not a vegetarian but I cant use any milk products like whey because I am allergic to dairy please look at the attached pic and see how the veg protein has all amino acids just like animal sources. Currently I am using a Pea Protein supplement....

View attachment 2539

dude why are you using pea protein. such junk you have better options , just because you are allergic to dairy doesn't mean you have to go eat vegetarian protein.
eggs, fairlife milk (no lactose) , chicken, steak, beans, fish...

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep
http://pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008

I have done some research on incomplete and complete protein personally I think the supplement industries is full shit telling us that only animal sources of protein are complete, so then they can sell us their whey protein. I am not a vegetarian but I cant use any milk products like whey because I am allergic to dairy please look at the attached pic and see how the veg protein has all amino acids just like animal sources. Currently I am using a Pea Protein supplement....

View attachment 2539

If you can't use milk products, pea protein or other non dairy source are fine, but you should still always get as much protein as you can from whole food sources

The whole incomplete protein vegan thing is way overplayed, there is some hint of truth to it, but if you eat any kind of variety you're likely to be fine.

Pea protein powder is fine, most of those are infused with other protein like artichoke or rice and often stuffed with additional aminos so you have the complete profile anyways.

The whole incomplete protein vegan thing is way overplayed, there is some hint of truth to it, but if you eat any kind of variety you're likely to be fine.

Pea protein powder is fine, most of those are infused with other protein like artichoke or rice and often stuffed with additional aminos so you have the complete profile anyways.

just thinking of drinking that makes me want to puke

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep

pea protein does taste like shit but it most certainly is not garbage... all of this shit is marketing and overplayed... yes, there are definitely higher quality powders etc. but if you think your getting so much more from one type to another, that is bull shit... now some have far less sodium, or less fat, less calories, less sugar etc... clearly some are processed far better than others but all that other bull shit is absurd... regardless, i always have a high quality protein on hand but it is there for supplemental reasons... its nice to get a lower calorie, low fat to fat free intake which is why i love them however you should never depend on them nor have them be a major part of your diet...

I do eat eggs, I cant use milk I am allergic to milk (its not a lactose problem) , I do eat chicken but I cant eat chicken every meal I need a variety

Pea protein is not junk it as a very similar amino acid profile to meat, regardless the point I was trying to prove that Veg Protein is not incomplete

I need at least one protein supplement a day I dont have time for all of that cooking

View attachment 2539

bro it just has to do with the amino acid profile of a specific source of protein. this is whole foods, not supplements. supplement industry is full of a bunch of bullcrap yes. but for whole foods not all protein is the same. just like not all carbs or fats are the same.

I do eat eggs, I cant use milk I am allergic to milk (its not a lactose problem) , I do eat chicken but I cant eat chicken every meal I need a variety

Pea protein is not junk it as a very similar amino acid profile to meat, regardless the point I was trying to prove that Veg Protein is not incomplete

I need at least one protein supplement a day I dont have time for all of that cooking
There are plenty of sources for protein fish, turkey, steak, pork, greek yogurt( dont know if that falls in the milk thing) nuts, oats....etc protien powders are just to supplement protien requirements.

PHARMACOM Board Rep
Stronger Bigger Faster

Pea protein is low in cysteine and methionine which are essential amino acids.Not one of the vegetarian proteins is complete without mixing with another. If I couldn't use whey, I'd use egg, beef, and veggie protein in that order.

Pea protein is low in cysteine and methionine which are essential amino acids.Not one of the vegetarian proteins is complete without mixing with another. If I couldn't use whey, I'd use egg, beef, and veggie protein in that order.

i couldn't agree more, great post bro

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep

the point I was tryin o make that Veg protein is complete, one problem with Whey is that so man ppl get bad gas from it bad gas is a sign of incomplete digestion, therefore if someone take a 50 gram whey shake some of that will not be digested. Therefore whats the point of using Whey when 50% of the whey does not digest and flys out of your ass when you shit.

The Pea Protein does not make me fart and it is 99% digested that's what I need, if anyone gets digestion problems when eating any type of food then there is a problem digesting what they ate, therefore they should stop eating whatever gives them digestion problems.

cysteine is not and essential amino acid (not necessary) , and methionine which is an essential amino is still present in pea protein it might be lower then other protein sources. The point I was trying to prove that Veg Protein is NOT incomplete and you dont have to mix other veg protein with another to have a complete protein that is lye that supplement companies have been feeding us for yours. If Pea protein was incomplete methionine would have 0mg in the amino acid profile which it does not therefore it is complete.

also if ppl still think its low on methionine you can buy methionine pills (see link below) and take it with the pea protein

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-pure-l-methionine-500-mg-30-caps

Top Bottom