napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How to talk to your kid about Gear (I think hes using)

Guppy

So, yea. My wifes son (24yo) has sorta been competitive with me since back when I was only dating his mom. Now, hes staying with us thru the winter and Weve noticed his size has DRASTICALLY grown in just the last 3 months. Last night I noticed a terrible outbreak of Bacne all over his shoulders and such. Hes moody, exhausted and generally shows signs.
Im fairly certain hes on gear.

problem is, hes not the brightest on health and Id bet he knows nothing of PCT. Im sure some cat at his gym hooked him up, with little to no education to what hes doing. I mean, he cant even google simple shit like directions without fuckin it up.

I know its totally hypocritical considering his mother and I both use, but how do we approach him and ask if he has an exit strategy?
I dont wanna out ourselves to him if we are wrong.
But if we are right...we dont want him to get hurt and screw himself up. God knows a lot of us have been there.

Thanks in advance
-Gup

i think he is old enuff to understand, just sit down and let him know that you are using and you want him to be safe and pct and off cycle etc etc. you didn't give him the keys to the car before he took his test did you? believe me i just went thru it with my 21 year old and am steering him toward sarms which is a lot safer than gear at this point for his age and organs and shutting down his test and nuts for the rest of his life. maybe a little fear factor but it may work.

I know its inevitable that words will be exchanged. Im looking for a way to say it without saying "Hey! We do them too!". Cause boy if he suspected his mom, wow. Hes an only son/ mommas boy ....really protective.

Ah, perhaps I can use the ole...I knew a guy once who...
Hmmm, I may have answered my own question there. lol
Thanks Rock

Befriend him with it. People who are dumb with this stuff need support. Dude is 24. Gonna do it weather you like it or not. Leave the mom out of it and just get real with him. Thats what I would do. Im 23 and thinking about it, Thats what I would want to see if I was in his shoes. I would respect that over anything.

Obviously tell her if your gonna talk to him but leave those two disconnected when it comes to the situation. If its not info he needs to know dont share it but still be the advocate for safety by opening up with him yourself. Chances are if you know he is on. He knows you are on. Pretty easy to spot fellow users lol.

Obviously tell her if your gonna talk to him but leave those two disconnected when it comes to the situation. If its not info he needs to know dont share it but still be the advocate for safety by opening up with him yourself. Chances are if you know he is on. He knows you are on. Pretty easy to spot fellow users lol.

Yea, his mother knows hes on...shes seen it before with friends and dudes at the gym. She wants to be the one to talk to him, but Im telling her thats a BAAAAD idea.
I havent ran anything in several years but am stocking up to start (checks calander) actually, I planned on Dec 1st. But shit got crazy at work. So any day now.
The weekends coming...Ill feel out the situation better. Maybe talk to his ole lady.
Hell...why dont i just dig around in their apartment some? They live in my house and owe me rent, lol.

lol it may actually draw him closer to you and trusting you with the "secret" and let him know that you are concerned about him reproducing with grand kids and to make sure he is cycling off and using pct you never know

i mean he is 24 he will do whatever he wants to do unless you kick him out then it will be heated, but i know exactly where you are but luckily my son listened so far

It's a tough situation but honesty is the best bet. If you approach it like that I'm sure you will earn his trust, which will go a long way with resolving this. He will look to you as someone that won't come down on him and judge him for it, and that you are only there to help. Like TX said, I'm sure he has already guessed at your use anyways.

I also agree with leaving the mom out of it. Don't discuss her using anything at all. Make this between you and him.

He already gave a us a bouncing grandbaby this year already. Ill be bent if another comes too soon, lol.

Tough indeed. He already trusts me, we have a tight relationship. Hes like a son and a freind to me as Ive seen him thru some fucked up shit in the past. Hes family, Ill wait for the right moment. Ill know it when I feel it.
thanks guys

I think the mother is a bad idea. Exspress to her that he will be non receptive to that.

A man to man talk abouy being responsible with aas is in order

But dont come at him attackingly like parent to son. Which i know he is t yours but you are a male figure in his life.

Invite him to lunch with maybe a few beers and have a heart to heart and talk to him about it and be there for him to guide him properly and help him and i know he will be muh more forthcoming with info.

PHURIOUS

I definitely don't see an issue being honest about it. A simple question. Obviously you KNOW about gear and the changes they create. Come from the caring angle and not the accusing angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it can only go 2 ways bad or good but it will all be bad if you dont talk to him about it then again if he stays on and is sterile you wont have to worry about any more grandkids lol

I think you should take him out Xmas shoppin for his mom. Bring up how long you been lifting and how your protect your body. Bring up the tell tale signs of usage and tell him straight up you think he is using, which is cool as long as your running them responsibly and are taking the proper supplements to protect himself. Tell him he needs to be in it for the long haul, its a marathon not a sprint, and safety is everything. Tell him you care about him and you want his safety tell him about Adrenaline Rush!!!! Then go have a beer together.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Def a man to man discussion is needed. Somehow, you need to make sure he does not deny it. You need to assure him that you are not mad, but want to make sure he is educated so that he don't fuck himself up. If he were 17 or 18, it would be a much different story. You may even want to turn him on th AR so he can get educated. Just tell him you have no idea who that Guppy guy is! lol Good luck.

Allot of great advice.. I also say talk to him face to face and really take time to listen and take interest in his life. I personally like to educate people by talking about my failures or short comings so we can meet on common ground (builds trust quickly). I have found that when you're real with people, and don't come off perfect you can really start to form a bond and learn things you would have never even known about them, because now they trust, and can confide in you which now is the perfect time to educate. which obviously he is going to need, and not the dude at the gym who has no vested interest in him.

He is going to use gear no matter what, Especially if you're doing it.. So if you want him to quit, I would tell you to lead by example. Otherwise help the boy out, and get him an AI or PCT for crying out loud, jk.

Top Bottom