napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Hello guys

Chico25

I don't know what the point of this post is I think I just need to vent about it because I don't know if anyone else thinks like me but I was taken back when I read about this. It's reasons like this why I am kind of weary of getting on the internet. I like to stick to things that don't piss me off but I ran into a video on my recommended feed on YouTube. It was about bigorexia. I don't know if u all have seen the video but if you are curious as to what i am talking about just YouTube the name ben buchanon and muscle or something like that. U will come across it. Well anyway I saw that video and had some problems with it and knowing me I am pretty obsessive about things and tend to start googling things obsessively. Well anyway I started to realize that bodybuilding is very demonized in the realm of psychology I mean I know people hated bodybuilders but I never knew that it is considered a mental illness and I have an extreme problem with that. Not to mention I came across article http://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/factsheet/body-image-self-esteem-and-mental-health

It is not a long read at all but I would really appreciate some input on this. Particularly read the ending part of it which is what really gets me. They are insinuating that bodybuilders or anyone who has any concern for their physique is somehow a bad person in my opinion. I also read in another article something about healthy body image and how if you want to change your physique in any way you somehow have unhealthy body image. I have extreme problems with this and the ideology behind it.

Bro, you can't let stuff like this bother you. It certainly doesn't bother me. I know you said yourself you ate a pretty ocd obsessive type person so you don't need to overthink this. I could care less what some article contains about some blanket statement that we all have some type of disorder lol. I mean really...I could give a fuck less. This lifestyle has saved me and that's the honest to God truth. Bodybuilding changed my life in every way for the better, not just physically. I gained confidence and have become a much more successful person. I've also felt I became a better human being. As with anything, there are people at all levels of the spectrum and good and bad in everything but I see bodybuilding as very constructive

Yeah I know but I just think it's a bad message because it's directed towards children or youth. I think that's why people don't have thick skin is because of shit like this. Bodybuilding helps me too so it kinda gets under my skin to see it demonized. Look at the end how they try to demonize it by saying oh be a role model like what r they trying to say? I used to be a drug addict but no longer am because in my opinion since I started working out in my opinion training is more important but for me this article is bullshit I mean training can help so many kids. But yeah this article is horrse shit plus it's pseudo scientific psychology bullshit

I must have read that wrong, I kind of speed read through it, but I thought it was more of looking at ones self in a negative way can have an impact on your life, and that is true, you should be happy with yourself, and if not fix it. But people will take things to the extreme no matter what and that's where the negative things of any circumstance/ habit etc arise.

It says to not change how u look but I mean that a the sole purpose of bodybuilding so it's essentially demonizing what bodybuilding is

They contradict themselves right here,

"How can I encourage a healthier body image?

Treat your body with respect.

Eat well-balanced meals and exercise because it makes you feel good and strong, not as a way to control your body."

So they tell you how to do it and what to do, but to think of it differently. Because it is what we do lol. I don't think much of that though, I wouldn't have correlated reading that post to putting down body builders or anyone basically exercising. Just another attempt of babying people these days, instead of just saying diet and exercise.

Exactly it's horrible that they try to put people down for enjoying a pretty popular hobby like bodybuilding. If u r interested in such topics u should YouTube ben buchanon and muscle dysmorphia. It just bothers me that people would attempt to demonize something that I love to do it seems surreal when we have problems such as cancer and starvation in parts of the world but these so called doctors are concerned with bodybuilders or people taking steroids like yeah it can become a problem but there are such bigger problems i think that's why we never solve any because we concern ourselves with such miniscule problems. I guess I might be contradicting my self as well because I am stressing myself over this but it's true I don't see a problem with bodybuilding but that's my subjective opinion and perspective. I grew up around bodybuilding and maybe others didn't so they can't see the good in it

Not to mention there is a science behind men and the pursuit of muscle and that's more muscle equals more testosterone and more testosterone equals more of a sense of well being. I believe they are seeing it from vanities perspective rather than a bodybuilders perspective being that yes vanity is a big part of it but sometimes it's just a therapeutic thing and not necessarily a vanity thing

here's the deal brother... things like this are generally made by people who have a vendetta, whether it be that they themselves have their own self image problems, or they lost their girlfriend or wife to someone who worked out, or they had an issue with someone in that avenue... its literally in one ear and out the other... its a smart way for someone to attempt to market themselves and be hated, yet people will still read, only to get more pissed... thats the point in doing it... its all marketing and a way for someone to attempt to sway the curve to get something out of it, and honestly, its smart.. its absurd for any of the comments to be made, but its rather smart in terms of making a living off of it... look, we are sitting here talking about some waste of space, meaningless fuck that wrote this and that's what he wants! don't even let something and someone so insignificant bother you... its a way to attempt to bring you and others down and you are letting it work so he wins and you lose... i LAUGH and how truly pathetic and sad many are... like the people that talk tough behind a keyboard, troll, stalk, etc... i deal with this daily and i genuinely feel sorry for them, just like this guy, that they are so pathetic... body image is the main concern of nearly everyone in the fucking world and so is health... working out equates to health and longevity.... these guy falls into the clown category and should be treated as such

It gets to me though that it's a legitimate mental health site and if this is how professionals look at us it's sad because that's what the mainstream sees when professionals say something so that's what the majority of people are going to end up thinking about bodybuilders. When bodybuilding is a beautiful thing that can have a lot of fun and enjoyment in it but ignorant people like to make judgments they aren't qualified to make

It gets to me though that it's a legitimate mental health site and if this is how professionals look at us it's sad because that's what the mainstream sees when professionals say something so that's what the majority of people are going to end up thinking about bodybuilders. When bodybuilding is a beautiful thing that can have a lot of fun and enjoyment in it but ignorant people like to make judgments they aren't qualified to make
like i said, its motive based, period... there's no reason to get so upset over something and someone so insignificant... you think millions and millions of people are reading that and if they did, do you think they would even hear it or quite half way through? fuck it man seriously... its stupid to even get worked up

here's the deal brother... things like this are generally made by people who have a vendetta, whether it be that they themselves have their own self image problems, or they lost their girlfriend or wife to someone who worked out, or they had an issue with someone in that avenue... its literally in one ear and out the other... its a smart way for someone to attempt to market themselves and be hated, yet people will still read, only to get more pissed... thats the point in doing it... its all marketing and a way for someone to attempt to sway the curve to get something out of it, and honestly, its smart.. its absurd for any of the comments to be made, but its rather smart in terms of making a living off of it... look, we are sitting here talking about some waste of space, meaningless fuck that wrote this and that's what he wants! don't even let something and someone so insignificant bother you... its a way to attempt to bring you and others down and you are letting it work so he wins and you lose... i LAUGH and how truly pathetic and sad many are... like the people that talk tough behind a keyboard, troll, stalk, etc... i deal with this daily and i genuinely feel sorry for them, just like this guy, that they are so pathetic... body image is the main concern of nearly everyone in the fucking world and so is health... working out equates to health and longevity.... these guy falls into the clown category and should be treated as such

LOL sorry couldn't resist....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTO6fAJf1GM

I train more for mental health than anything else.Sure I love the physical benefits from it but the mental rewards outweigh the physical ones by far.When I had my shoulder surgery in 2013 & couldn't workout for 6 months I was so damned depressed.I was thinking crazy shit!Weightlifting/BB keeps me mentally balanced & focused.I can't imagine life without it.

Top Bottom