napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Fasting cardio

Savage55

Is everyone doing this or is it just me? I was having issues getting my cardio in every week (4 times a week minimum) and I was telling a buddy at the gym about it. My energy was down and I need to do my cardio 1st before I lift otherwise I wont do it so it was affecting my w/o's. I was always under the impression to get a good meal in before the gym to help with energy but it was making me feel tired some of the time. My buddy suggested I try getting up early and going straight to the gym to do my cardio and then eat after. I didnt think it would work for me but I tried it anyway. Its been 2 weeks now and its been absolutely amazing for me. My energy is through the roof and Im doing more cardio than i ever have. I also heard you burn more fat doing it this way. Maybe once a week I will do cardio and lift right after but ive been just doing 2 a days and its been working great. I go do my cardio between 6-7 then come home and eat then usually work and hit the gym later for lifting session. I know everyone has different schedules but I seriously suggest you try fasting cardio if your not already doing it. I get up in the morning excited to go do cardio and Ive never been excited about cardio.. lol I would like to hear other people thoughts on this and if you've tried it or are currently doing it as well :D

Savage55 said:
Is everyone doing this or is it just me? I was having issues getting my cardio in every week (4 times a week minimum) and I was telling a buddy at the gym about it. My energy was down and I need to do my cardio 1st before I lift otherwise I wont do it so it was affecting my w/o's. I was always under the impression to get a good meal in before the gym to help with energy but it was making me feel tired some of the time. My buddy suggested I try getting up early and going straight to the gym to do my cardio and then eat after. I didnt think it would work for me but I tried it anyway. Its been 2 weeks now and its been absolutely amazing for me. My energy is through the roof and Im doing more cardio than i ever have. I also heard you burn more fat doing it this way. Maybe once a week I will do cardio and lift right after but ive been just doing 2 a days and its been working great. I go do my cardio between 6-7 then come home and eat then usually work and hit the gym later for lifting session. I know everyone has different schedules but I seriously suggest you try fasting cardio if your not already doing it. I get up in the morning excited to go do cardio and Ive never been excited about cardio.. lol I would like to hear other people thoughts on this and if you've tried it or are currently doing it as well :D

i have never tried this (except back when iw as in military and forced to run at the crack of dawn, but I felt like piss back then bc it was 4:45am) but I am interested, thanks for telling us

Savage55 said:

I'm actually a big supporter of fasted cardio and fasted training in general. I did intermittent fasting exclusively for about 3 years, and had great results with it. Fasted training can actually be very invigorating and give some awesome energy during training in my experience. As far as fasted cardio giving more fat loss, it's a debatable topic with many on both sides of the argument, but in my expereince of doing it both ways, fasted cardio is definitely superior for fat loss. Without ingesting food (especially carbs) before cardio, your body is forced to use its own fat for fuel rather than the food ingested, which results in more fat loss (in theory). It's certainly something that if it is working well for you, continue to keep doing it!

I guess I do something similar. I eat 1 hardboiled egg before I start. Cannot work out with stuff in my belly.

drb_iac said:
I guess I do something similar. I eat 1 hardboiled egg before I start. Cannot work out with stuff in my belly.

If I eat within an hour and a half of training, I risk losing my meal. I know I'm safe if it's 2 1/2 after lol.

I like to go to the gym on a empty stomach... But look out after! Get in my way to the kitchen and you'll get run over!!! Lol

cbbram said:
I like to go to the gym on a empty stomach... But look out after! Get in my way to the kitchen and you'll get run over!!! Lol

Exactly! I just wish the food was ready when I walked into the kitchen lol.

Re: RE: Re: Fasting cardio

cbbram said:
That appetite increase from exercise is no joke. I become quite ravenous with my post workout meal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fasting cardio

RickRock said:
cbbram said:
That appetite increase from exercise is no joke. I become quite ravenous with my post workout meal
Lol... Ravenous is the perfect word to describe it!!!

Top Bottom