napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Epson Exile Fitness Diary

Okay so I thought I would start this. It will act as my fitness log. I figured it could be a good source of information and motivation for other's that may come to the forums looking to do what I am about to start and do. It should also help me! It is easier to succeed and recover from short falls when their is a support group and audience watching you.

My Goal: To lose on average 0.8-1% of body fat per week till I am at 12%. I am currently at 33.6%. So this should take just over 5 months to do. You will notice I did not say weight. I think that would be a bad goal because I will be putting on muscle and it weights more than fat. And I feel body fat % is something you do not look and fret at everyday like you can do with weight goals.

The Plan: Eat better and follow a good calorie maintenance schedule, do cardio work, and strength training.

Diet: To try to stay within 25% of my daily calorie maintenance schedule. To never finish a week with my total calorie intake surpassing my weakly calorie maintenance schedule minus 15%. Keep most food "clean" (no bad sugars, carbs., or fats). And try to balance my daily calorie intake to a 40/40/20 split (40% Protein, 40% Carbs., 20% Fat).

My Motivation:
It is hard to put on my socks.
I am out of breath when doing any activity.
I can't see where I need to for proper man grooming....
I don't like my fat round face.

Barriers to Health I need to Overcome:
Don't know what to eat.
Exercise is not enjoyable to me.
I don't like contracts.
I am out of shape and this will be very hard!

My Current (Starting) Stats:
Male @ 40 years old
Weight: 240 lbs.
Stomach (mm): 117.5
Body Fat %: 33.6%
LBM: 159.36 lbs.
Arm (relaxed): 13.5"
Arm (flexed): 16"
Chest: 46.5"
Shoulders: 55.75"
Waist: 46"
Hips: 44.25"
Thigh: 25"
Calf: 15.5"
Total Inches: 262.50
[attachment=2:1eczxb4g]Selfpic1.jpg[/attachment:1eczxb4g]
[attachment=1:1eczxb4g]Selfpic2.jpg[/attachment:1eczxb4g]
[attachment=0:1eczxb4g]Selfpic3.jpg[/attachment:1eczxb4g]

First of all I'd like to welcome you to adrenaline rush! You've come to the right place, and we are here to help and support you through this goal you have to really turn your lifestyle around. This board is an awesome place to be. We treat everyone like family, and go out of our way to help each other. I'm happy for you with the goal you have set for yourself, and I'm glad you are committed to turning your life around. I will be following your progress, and if there is anything we can do to help you out with advice or anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

Epson Exile said:
Okay so I thought I would start this. It will act as my fitness log. I figured it could be a good source of information and motivation for other's that may come to the forums looking to do what I am about to start and do. It should also help me! It is easier to succeed and recover from short falls when their is a support group and audience watching you.

My Goal: To lose on average 0.8-1% of body fat per week till I am at 12%. I am currently at 33.6%. So this should take just over 5 months to do. You will notice I did not say weight. I think that would be a bad goal because I will be putting on muscle and it weights more than fat. And I feel body fat % is something you do not look and fret at everyday like you can do with weight goals.

The Plan: Eat better and follow a good calorie maintenance schedule, do cardio work, and strength training.

Diet: To try to stay within 25% of my daily calorie maintenance schedule. To never finish a week with my total calorie intake surpassing my weakly calorie maintenance schedule minus 15%. Keep most food "clean" (no bad sugars, carbs., or fats). And try to balance my daily calorie intake to a 40/40/20 split (40% Protein, 40% Carbs., 20% Fat).

My Motivation:

Don't know what to eat.
I don't like contracts.

Male @ 40 years old
[attachment=2:1z0bng1d]Selfpic1.jpg[/attachment:1z0bng1d]
[attachment=1:1z0bng1d]Selfpic2.jpg[/attachment:1z0bng1d]
[attachment=0:1z0bng1d]Selfpic3.jpg[/attachment:1z0bng1d]

I love this on all fronts... I love how honest you are about everything, how you have a laid out plan and how you are tracking everything as well as providing a great guide and first hand experience to others... there are a lot in the same position as you but do nothing about it and you are addressing it and handling it and i have a great deal of respect for everything your doing bro... im always here to help and support as are everyone else in the family here... im proud of you making these strides and anything i can do to ensure your success, just let me know! good luck brother!

Re: RE: Epson Exile Fitness Diary

Epson Exile said:

My Motivation:

Don't know what to eat.
I don't like contracts.

Male @ 40 years old
[attachment=2:2lzp1p37]Selfpic1.jpg[/attachment:2lzp1p37]
[attachment=1:2lzp1p37]Selfpic2.jpg[/attachment:2lzp1p37]
[attachment=0:2lzp1p37]Selfpic3.jpg[/attachment:2lzp1p37]
Welcome to AR, my man! Great introduction, I really love how educated you are on what you need to do already. Some people in your shape don't know a thing and can't lay out a plan of attack. You have the perfect mindset and an awesome game plan. I wish you nothing but the best and I'll be here to follow your journey and help you along the way as you need it. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask, anything I can't help you with we have plenty of pros here who can.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

So day -2. I say that cause I am not officially starting till Monday (my first day in the gym).

Things I did today:
Went for a two mile walk after waking up. 1st time and took it slow (finished in 45 mins).
When I got back I made and drank a morning smoothie.
Then I jumped in the pool and swam about 30 mins (a bit of breast stroke, a fit of free style, and some goofing off)
Went to Wal-Mart and got some fresh veggies for lunch. (parked at the far end of the lot 244 long steps to the store)
Had Chicken, roasted broccoli, and roasted green beans for lunch.
Watched a lot of Friday Night Lights with the wife. (It was raining anyway)
Had Grilled Pork Center Loin with a cup of sauteed veggies for dinner.
Went for another 2 mile walk at sundown increased my pace a bit finished in 34 mins so almost 4 mph!
Oh and I ate 2 Apples today. 1 at 10 and 1 at 3. I like the Pink Ladies
Now time for my night shake, 1 more 1 hour show and off to bed.

Total calories consumed today 1,642, burned from walking -391, so net of 1,251.
This is going to be trouble. It is amazing how much food you will have to eat when you start eating good clean food. I am not sure if when this thing gets up and running I will be able to put away 2,300+ calories a day. I have not been hungry all day at 1,642.

Re: RE: Re: Epson Exile Fitness Diary

Epson Exile said:
So day -2. I say that cause I am not officially starting till Monday (my first day in the gym).

Things I did today:
Went for a two mile walk after waking up. 1st time and took it slow (finished in 45 mins).
Then I jumped in the pool and swam about 30 mins (a bit of breast stroke, a fit of free style, and some goofing off)
Went to Wal-Mart and got some fresh veggies for lunch. (parked at the far end of the lot 244 long steps to the store)
Went for another 2 mile walk at sundown increased my pace a bit finished in 34 mins so almost 4 mph!

This is going to be trouble. It is amazing how much food you will have to eat when you start eating good clean food. I am not sure if when this thing gets up and running I will be able to put away 2,300+ calories a day. I have not been hungry all day at 1,642.
Eating with this lifestyle can be a chore. I was once 350 pounds at probably 40% bf, so you know I loved to eat, lol. Now sometimes I find myself having to force it down.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Good shit man ! Love your motives it really is an inspiration. Remember it's a marathon and not a sprint and If we can help you along the way we'd be happy to

Epson Exile said:

Things I did today:

excellent start brother! the pork loin is excellent and its amazingly low in calories and fat etc but it MUST be the LOIN center cut as you know... you will find the cleaner you eat, especially if your getting the proper amounts of fiber in your diet, the far better you will feel as well as satiated... grapefrui, oat and wheat bran, green vegetables etc. are excellent sources and help with weight loss as well... very nice start bro!

Epson Exile said:

Things I did today:

You did great man. Every day is one step closer to your goal. As you can see, clean food is very filling and satisfying. You don't have to starve to diet down. You just have to eat RIGHT, and that's what you are doing. You are well on your way. Keep up the great work

Day -1 (Sunday)

I got up at 5am. I made my morning smoothie before my walk this time.
I extended my walk to be 2.5 miles. I also got into a jog pace a few times finished in 42 mins.
Lunch: grilled chicken salad with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and some kale. (Used Ranch Dressing... they make a yogurt one now!)
Dinner: Pork Loin, baby carrots, and Ranch Style Beans.
Snack: 1 serving Malt-O-Meal with 1 Tbsp Honey
Did not do my Night walk pads of my feet were still sore and it was sprinkling.

Notes: Fairly stressful day. I really don't like this diet. As you can tell I like structure and a plan. I am having a hard time getting my head around the diet and making a plan. That I think I can stick to. Between sodium and fat seams like my options are so limited. Think I will go to Corpus and stop at a book store to see if I can find any specialty cookbooks to help me. I did order a book called "The Shredded Chef" off Amazon last night so maybe that will help when I get it. Until then I guess I will just cont. to shove uninteresting/unflavored "clean" food in my mouth.

Epson Exile said:
Day -1 (Sunday)

I extended my walk to be 2.5 miles. I also got into a jog pace a few times finished in 42 mins.
Lunch: grilled chicken salad with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and some kale. (Used Ranch Dressing... they make a yogurt one now!)

Notes: Fairly stressful day. I really don't like this diet. As you can tell I like structure and a plan. I am having a hard time getting my head around the diet and making a plan. That I think I can stick to. Between sodium and fat seams like my options are so limited. Think I will go to Corpus and stop at a book store to see if I can find any specialty cookbooks to help me. I did order a book called "The Shredded Chef" off Amazon last night so maybe that will help when I get it. Until then I guess I will just cont. to shove uninteresting/unflavored "clean" food in my mouth.

Brother, you are not alone. Diet/nutrition is the hardest part of this game by far! I have really gotten into it the last 2 years and it's become a bit of a compulsion for me at this point. You will find a ton of resources on this and myriad other subjects related to health and fitness.

I'd like to share this article with you that includes a very simple and well-laid out meal plan. I've used it many times for cutting and there's a reason I keep coming back to it - it works. Almost all the food can be prepped in bulk and ready to "grab and go" throughout the week. And the way the meals are spaced out throughout the day I never felt like I was starving myself, which works great for me because hunger is definitely my biggest weakness!

Anyway, here's the article. I hope it's of some use to you:

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/meal-plans/28-days-lean-meal-plan

Don't hesitate to PM me with any questions/comments. I'm happy to help any way I can.

Be well my friend!

Epson Exile said:
Day -1 (Sunday)

Any time you attempt to make a change in your life when you are used to do something it takes time bro... you have to look within and have the desire and the drive and just tell yourself you can do it... you most certainly can... we are creatures of habit and when we have rituals they become hard to break the longer you have them... the key is constantly changing things so your body does not adapt, does not become used to things etc... you are making all the right strides... this is all a learning process and trust me, it never ends bro... ive been doing this over a decade and i still find errors, mistakes, corrections needed etc... its just part of it but i assure you that you can and will do it... stick to your goals, stay on the right track and just keep posting and following... it can be done bro...

prestigealaska said:
Epson Exile said:
Day -1 (Sunday)

Brother, you are not alone. Diet/nutrition is the hardest part of this game by far! I have really gotten into it the last 2 years and it's become a bit of a compulsion for me at this point. You will find a ton of resources on this and myriad other subjects related to health and fitness.

I'd like to share this article with you that includes a very simple and well-laid out meal plan. I've used it many times for cutting and there's a reason I keep coming back to it - it works. Almost all the food can be prepped in bulk and ready to "grab and go" throughout the week. And the way the meals are spaced out throughout the day I never felt like I was starving myself, which works great for me because hunger is definitely my biggest weakness!

Anyway, here's the article. I hope it's of some use to you:

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/meal-plans/28-days-lean-meal-plan

Don't hesitate to PM me with any questions/comments. I'm happy to help any way I can.

Be well my friend!

that's excellent brother... that's what this is all about... the sharing and helping that goes on... this is a great start for everyone and the article does help a lot... thanks for sharing bro

Okay sorry got busy with work stuff.

So Day 1 (Monday) and Day 2 (Tuesday/Today)
Didn't cheat anywhere on diet for day 1, did a morning walk just 2 miles though.
Went to gym at 5 and worked out for an hour with trainer. It was more exploratory than anything. Trying to figure out what weight to start with.
But either way did 3 sets all exercises to failure, had baby deer legs when done. (But strangely this morning I am not sore.....)
After work out had a post work out drink something from ON it was orange, then night protein shake. After that packed up everything I needed to go out of town and hauled ass. Went to bed at a Studio 6 (fitness room, wanted one to stay with the walk in a strange place but no luck)

Day 2 - Woke up made and drank morning smoothie (I took my Ninja with me). Then off to early morning safety meeting.
Took lunch out to a rig crew we had a job with. It was Golden Chick. I didn't notice that roasted chicken was a choice till after. But I ended up eating a lot of green beans and 2 pc. of chicken that I peeled all the breading off. (Yah I know not ideal but when on the road.... yes yes I will get to where I am taking food made from home...give me some time)
Grabbed dinner on the drive back home stopped at Dairy Queen and got a grilled chicken salad. I ate that with just pepper. I didn't put the ranch on it or turn a couple of crackers into crouton toppings. Yes I patted myself on the back for that. Salad with no ranch dressing for me is an amazing feat of strength.
Got home a few minutes ago. Going to make a night shake and call it a day.

Epson Exile said:
Okay sorry got busy with work stuff.

So Day 1 (Monday) and Day 2 (Tuesday/Today)
Didn't cheat anywhere on diet for day 1, did a morning walk just 2 miles though.
Went to gym at 5 and worked out for an hour with trainer. It was more exploratory than anything. Trying to figure out what weight to start with.
But either way did 3 sets all exercises to failure, had baby deer legs when done. (But strangely this morning I am not sore.....)
After work out had a post work out drink something from ON it was orange, then night protein shake. After that packed up everything I needed to go out of town and hauled ass. Went to bed at a Studio 6 (fitness room, wanted one to stay with the walk in a strange place but no luck)

Day 2 - Woke up made and drank morning smoothie (I took my Ninja with me). Then off to early morning safety meeting.
Took lunch out to a rig crew we had a job with. It was Golden Chick. I didn't notice that roasted chicken was a choice till after. But I ended up eating a lot of green beans and 2 pc. of chicken that I peeled all the breading off. (Yah I know not ideal but when on the road.... yes yes I will get to where I am taking food made from home...give me some time)
Grabbed dinner on the drive back home stopped at Dairy Queen and got a grilled chicken salad. I ate that with just pepper. I didn't put the ranch on it or turn a couple of crackers into crouton toppings. Yes I patted myself on the back for that. Salad with no ranch dressing for me is an amazing feat of strength.
Got home a few minutes ago. Going to make a night shake and call it a day.

I love the effort you are making... although not some of the most ideal options, you were doing your best and I HIGHLY commend that bro... nice work! Keep the updates coming!

Keep up the good work my man!! I love seeing people turn their life around and take control. Week by week you feel so much better about yourself!!! Im proud of you bro. It all about making progress, whether it be in your diet or in your exercise. We all learn to crawl before we walked, then we become brave enough to run.

Well day 3 and 4.

Not much going on. I am doing fairly good I think. I wake at 5am and go for a walk. Because I missed 2 due to weather and with all the rain here in South Texas. The mesquites are really really bad. I got a membership at a local 24hr gym. So my walks are on treadmill now. I do this for 45 mins at a 3.5 mile pace. My HR seams to be staying around 130-138 though out the walk. I am also lifting 3 days a week Monday, Wednesday with a trainer but he is not available on Fridays. So on Fridays I will lift at my new gym and just follow what ever he had me do earlier in the week solo. Might have to switch some stuff up since no spotter but will be sure to target the same group.

Other than that the Diet is the only problem. But I now have 2 books that show some promise when it comes to my macros. One is "The Shredded Chef" by Michael Matthews. And the other is a 500 recipe slow cooker heart healthy cookbook. This one is nice because it shows the macro % for every recipe. So for now I am going though it when I have time and picking out the stuff that has less than 26% calories from fat and no more than 40% calories from carbs. So far I have found alot of these in the 500 recipe book.

Epson Exile said:
Well day 3 and 4.

Not much going on. I am doing fairly good I think. I wake at 5am and go for a walk. Because I missed 2 due to weather and with all the rain here in South Texas. The mesquites are really really bad. I got a membership at a local 24hr gym. So my walks are on treadmill now. I do this for 45 mins at a 3.5 mile pace. My HR seams to be staying around 130-138 though out the walk. I am also lifting 3 days a week Monday, Wednesday with a trainer but he is not available on Fridays. So on Fridays I will lift at my new gym and just follow what ever he had me do earlier in the week solo. Might have to switch some stuff up since no spotter but will be sure to target the same group.

Other than that the Diet is the only problem. But I now have 2 books that show some promise when it comes to my macros. One is "The Shredded Chef" by Michael Matthews. And the other is a 500 recipe slow cooker heart healthy cookbook. This one is nice because it shows the macro % for every recipe. So for now I am going though it when I have time and picking out the stuff that has less than 26% calories from fat and no more than 40% calories from carbs. So far I have found alot of these in the 500 recipe book.

diet is always the most difficult of anything bro... it takes the most discipline, learning and understanding etc... each person has such a different reaction to things, agreements with THEIR body etc... it takes years and years and once you think you have it, you find you don't but if you have the discipline and the will along with the understanding of how it all works, it will come brother.. keep doing what your doing and all you will see is further improvements and progress

Well weighed myself on Sunday. A bit disappointed but I do feel better and have more energy than I am use to.

240 to 236 for a 4 lbs. drop but, my scale says I am still at 33.6% BF. So not to sure where the 4 pound drop came from.

I also think I am going to try and find a used Swinn Airdyne for the house.

Epson Exile said:
Well weighed myself on Sunday. A bit disappointed but I do feel better and have more energy than I am use to.

240 to 236 for a 4 lbs. drop but, my scale says I am still at 33.6% BF. So not to sure where the 4 pound drop came from.

I also think I am going to try and find a used Swinn Airdyne for the house.

those scales are very innaccurate when measuring body fat bro... at the very least get calipers done instead... also it matters what time of day, if you have had water intake etc...

Top Bottom