napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Endocrinologist

So I went to go get my Testosterone tested. And had the consult with that about 30 mins ago. It has been confirmed that I do have low T. The doctor (instead of just giving me a script.) wants to do the injections at his office about once every 2 weeks. So I am assuming he is interested in collecting my co-pays. I did manage to talk him into giving me a referral to a Endocrinologist though. So for now we are not going to do anything until I go see the Endocrinologist.

My questions here have to do with the Endocrinologist. I am hoping that someone here has some experience/knowledge on the subject. How should I act? What kind of questions should I ask? I am also concerned because I talked with a "Wellness Doctor" last week. And he was saying that in his experience most of these types of doctors down in south Texas are not very good at their jobs. He said things like performing the wrong type of tests and things like that. But how would I go about finding a good one? I could look in other cities the drive doesn't really bother me. So if I had to drive to SA, Houston, Austin, or even Dallas. I wouldn't mind to much. To me at this point as long as the Doctor is a good one that can help me get to where I want to go. The drive is a small sacrifice versus wasting my time with one that isn't that good.

Re: RE: Endocrinologist

Epson Exile said:
So I went to go get my Testosterone tested. And had the consult with that about 30 mins ago. It has been confirmed that I do have low T. The doctor (instead of just giving me a script.) wants to do the injections at his office about once every 2 weeks. So I am assuming he is interested in collecting my co-pays. I did manage to talk him into giving me a referral to a Endocrinologist though. So for now we are not going to do anything until I go see the Endocrinologist.

My questions here have to do with the Endocrinologist. I am hoping that someone here has some experience/knowledge on the subject. How should I act? What kind of questions should I ask? I am also concerned because I talked with a "Wellness Doctor" last week. And he was saying that in his experience most of these types of doctors down in south Texas are not very good at their jobs. He said things like performing the wrong type of tests and things like that. But how would I go about finding a good one? I could look in other cities the drive doesn't really bother me. So if I had to drive to SA, Houston, Austin, or even Dallas. I wouldn't mind to much. To me at this point as long as the Doctor is a good one that can help me get to where I want to go. The drive is a small sacrifice versus wasting my time with one that isn't that good.
If they are in fact an endocrinologist, they should have all the expertise to properly advise you. That is their field if study, and should be well versed. It's the general practitioners and regular doctors that usually have the issues. The main thing is the doctor doing the right bloodwork and giving you the right dose and frequency. Weekly injections are what want that put you in the upper normal range

Top Bottom