napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Do you practice your posing?????

Almighty100%bodyfat

The Almighty Salad Tosser
I know not everyone on here is a bodybuilder...but I personally feel and have gained from going through mandatory poses about 3x a week. A good 15-20 minute session is all you need. I usually like to do it post work out for a chest day, back day and legs. It really helps with mind muscle connection and how to really FIRE those popping points. The mind muscle connection is HUGGGGEE to me. If you can't flex and contract a muscle posing without a load, can/are you really contracting during a movement???

Give it a try for a few weeks. Squeeze out the mandatory poses each for 10 seconds the 1st week, 20 the next, and finally 30 seconds while working up to around 20 minutes total pose time. Trust me, you'll squeeze that water out, activate fibers that you probably weren't, and you'll even get a good pump. It's not easy though. Whoever is gonna do it, post on here with your weekly results and details!!! Let me know if you have any questions. :) Good luck!!

Absolutely....more or less depending on when a show is on the radar but look @ it like this;

Does Sidney Crosby not skate the entire offseason?
Does Lebron James not shoot a basketball the entire offseason?
Does Derek Jeter not swing a bat the entire offseason?

Exactly.

P.S. I know Derek Jeter is retired

Hahah you preach exactly the same stuff I've been ranting about for a while.

Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

You need to take a class man. I still do and I now give advise for people looking to get into it and looking for some pointers in thier routine.

Now there is nothing that will fuck with you more than having someone fire off commands at random. Just like training you can get comfortable.

Anyone know of any good YouTube persons or videos that's a good place to start learning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posing is something I'm religious about going over and practicing a few times per week. It really does help tremendously with physique assesment...and seeing your good and bad points. There is a,lot to posing, and a lot more than people think. It can take a long time to get poses down correctly, but once you know how to hit them they are a valuable tool

Anyone know of any good YouTube persons or videos that's a good place to start learning?

Go to You Tube and type in XXX Posing Routine; replacing the X's with what you're doing (bodybuilding or physique) and you should find a lot of good routines (probably some bad ones, too)

Take a little from the good ones and come up with a "you specific" routine.

Go to You Tube and type in XXX Posing Routine; replacing the X's with what you're doing (bodybuilding or physique) and you should find a lot of good routines (probably some bad ones, too)

Take a little from the good ones and come up with a "you specific" routine.

Thanks bro. I read it and was like "xxx posing"? That will turn up some shit lol.

There are some good instructional videos on YouTube for the mandatory poses that can be extremely helpful. They do,a pretty good job of helping you understand how to execute the poses correctly. There's so much more that goes into every pose that people don't realize. Generally every pose is a full body exercise, and when done correctly it's extremely exhausting

Your best bet if your serious is to seek out a judge or someone with heavy influence in your state who is willing to spend some time with you.

I can tell you for a fact, once you think you have it down YOU DONT.

Don't forget your body changes over time therfore what you present will too so adapt where needed.

Don't look to videos of Olympians or ifbb pros as your guide. Thier rules are different they have room to fudge guidelines and have more of an entertainment expectation. Much of what you see from them will mean nothing or actually doc you in the npc

Find help that will maximize your physique. I could walk anyone through learning some mandatories, but there are little tricks here and there you can apply but your not gonna find those on your own.

Top Bottom