napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Dexa Scan and BF %

billbobby

Hi guys, I am booked this Saturday for a dexascan which is supposed to be about the best
way to get complete BF mapping. I am doing this for motivation as well (you buy 2 and do one
pre/post cut - not cheap so will use this as my inspiration and concrete stats target).
Anyone hear done one and compared to hydro-stat or calipers?

Will share as part of upcoming log. Been working hard on diet and increased cardio by incline
treadmill walking and that seems to be easy and about as effective as my prior jogs after
weightlifting.

-bb

Use the mirror bro Deca scan is over rated and its still not accurate as fats a physique look goes . because water blurs the physique and makes you look soft but if your holding water you will read lower because its counted as lean mass . I did one 3 weeks out and was peeled and it said 8 percent I was hard and grainy everywhere def below 8 percent went back after eating tons of shit no break fat gain but holding a shitload of water too the point had ankle edema . it said 6 I looked like shit compared too the first time

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

wow I had no idea they could be that misleading thanks for sharing that Gym Junkie

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

I used to do them monthly and was a nazi about it, but now I just use the mirror and find myself equally as happy. Talk to the place and work a deal if it's gonna be monthly. I did $150 first one and instead of $75 each after I got to pay $50. The chick who worked there thought I was cute I guess and would grope my arms whenever I went in... molested for bf% fucking not awesome.

I agree with gym junkie here completely. Numbers are numbers and really don't matter in the grand scope of things. Nobody will ever get out a set of calipers and measure you, or get out a scale and weigh you, but they will absolutely know what you look like. The mirror doesn't lie and it's your best tool. Don't get wrapped up in the numbers game. All of it can mindfuck you and be very misleading

I used to do them monthly and was a nazi about it, but now I just use the mirror and find myself equally as happy. Talk to the place and work a deal if it's gonna be monthly. I did $150 first one and instead of $75 each after I got to pay $50. The chick who worked there thought I was cute I guess and would grope my arms whenever I went in... molested for bf% fucking not awesome.

You poor fella, how did you cope?

hydrostatic has proven to be the the most accurate repeatable and reliable method of determining BF %

Caliper too measure progress don't try too come up with a percentage just a measurement at a couple skin folds so you can check progress and the mirror for a guide . If you look better and you up a lb and the measurement is down you know your diet and routine is working stay the course . if your up 5 lbs and the measurement went up maybe your diet needs adjusting or your not training hard enough .

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Eye-opening and great inputs. Thanks all. Will do it cuz I at least want to try it but I understand more about accuracy. Some things they
were clear about upfront was that you do need to "normalize" when you go in WRT your hydration and such to get non skewed number. AND
I did see about the fact it does get internal BF (in guts, brain etc.) so there is likely an offsett from generally accepted BF%'s.

Agree with the mirror comments and will do several angle pics this weekend and we can see in 30days look vs readings. I am not a senior
or pro but have been working damn hard and addicted with this shit to be the best I can be and sometimes goofy things like this can
be a motivation.

Next time around I will try to find a hydro too. In the end I think looks, scales and (to me) freaking belt size move in right directon
when I am busting ass and keeping diet strict.

(groping is funny as shit, bro)....have a great weekend.

Top Bottom