napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Depression and the family guy

JackSteel

Banned
Still getting settled in the new house and I feel im at my wit's end. Two kids, 3 and 2 years old... Both boys. I'm sick and have no voice for the moment so I can't communicate to the kids or anyone very well, etc. A lot has been going on and I'm just overwhelmed. Clients recently have been canceling too often and don't seem to worry about the cancelation agreement. Also worried about gaining new clients in my new town so I don't have to commute to Austin so much. My cough is causing abdominal muscle pain and holy shit, I can barely smoke a bowl to ease the sorrows. Slowly transitioning to alcohol because it's easier and makes me a nicer person to the family while I'm miserable. I hate psychiatrists. I'm in anger management already. Sometimes I just want to scream and fill the wall with fist holes. I really don't want to turn back into a drinker. In the army I consumed 2 bottles of red wine or a fifth of vodka each night and I really don't want to get back there. Workouts are becoming worthless and nervous system is in need of a BIG break. I'm showing my ass here I know... But I feel like yall are my bros and sisters so I'm posting here instead of asking a professional. I even just got off a three day vacation, even though a vacation with kids is anything but rest. I'm just sitting here wishing I had some good advice so I thought I'd ask.

Ps. I guess I should include that the lady and I are fighting constantly. It's not a subject I like to talk about because it's so very frustrating. I'm just at a lack of courage and feeling as if I'm on my way downhill in life and if anyone can motivate me I figure it's my online friends. Funny how people you've never met can be more help than the people you see every day. Any questions feel free to ask. I'm high on vodka so this is the time to get honesty lol [WHITE SMILING FACE]?

Fuck right during a sarm cycle too. I guess I'm always on something so whatev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me hopes this is from being sick but it's just a hopeless feeling I have right now I need to get over.

Wow man, this really sucks to read. You have to try to fix one problem at a time. take the one that either means the most to you or the one you will get the greatest benefit from. If you try to solve them all at once, chances are, you will fail, and be in a worse depression.
Something is not making you a happy person. Find out what that is, and fix it. If you are not happy, the people who surround you (your family won't be either)

I can tell you right now, as an Ex alcoholic, you are going down the wrong path picking up that shit. Nothing ever come out good with that. You would be better off smoking a bowl. Mellow out. I really feel for you because I went into a bad depression back in january, and tried to commit suicide. I ended up in the ICU for 3 days, and then a fucking mental ward locked up for a week. I never once picked up tho. Trust me, you never ever want to be in the place that I was, so you need to start trying to fix things now.

Being married can def take a toll on both people. Top that off with little kids, and all hell can break loose. You need to talk to your wife (especially if you still love her) And i mean really love her. Explain to her where you are mind wise. Tell her how much you need her help. Tell her how much your marriage means to you. Tell your kids how much you love them. But for Gods sake, put down the alcohol! It is NOT the answer. You need to get your sickness taken care of, and get the fuck back to training. You just moved, so things can seem very over whelming. Shit will settle down on that side. Don't beat yourself up man, it will only be worse. You seem to have been sick for a while, and being sick, and not being able to do the every day things like you always do can take a toll as well. So it's important you get healthy.

If you need to talk, hit me up in a pm brother. I'm 51 and been thru a lot of fucking shit in my life. I've had my heart ripped out so many times I lost count. But your kids and wife need you. You are the provider of the family, you cannot let them down. You need to lead by example. Your kids need to see what a real man does for his family.

Good luck, and like I said, hit me up if you need to talk.

JackSteel said:
Still getting settled in the new house and I feel im at my wit's end. Two kids, 3 and 2 years old... Both boys. I'm sick and have no voice for the moment so I can't communicate to the kids or anyone very well, etc. A lot has been going on and I'm just overwhelmed. Clients recently have been canceling too often and don't seem to worry about the cancelation agreement. Also worried about gaining new clients in my new town so I don't have to commute to Austin so much. My cough is causing abdominal muscle pain and holy shit, I can barely smoke a bowl to ease the sorrows. Slowly transitioning to alcohol because it's easier and makes me a nicer person to the family while I'm miserable. I hate psychiatrists. I'm in anger management already. Sometimes I just want to scream and fill the wall with fist holes. I really don't want to turn back into a drinker. In the army I consumed 2 bottles of red wine or a fifth of vodka each night and I really don't want to get back there. Workouts are becoming worthless and nervous system is in need of a BIG break. I'm showing my ass here I know... But I feel like yall are my bros and sisters so I'm posting here instead of asking a professional. I even just got off a three day vacation, even though a vacation with kids is anything but rest. I'm just sitting here wishing I had some good advice so I thought I'd ask.

Ps. I guess I should include that the lady and I are fighting constantly. It's not a subject I like to talk about because it's so very frustrating. I'm just at a lack of courage and feeling as if I'm on my way downhill in life and if anyone can motivate me I figure it's my online friends. Funny how people you've never met can be more help than the people you see every day. Any questions feel free to ask. I'm high on vodka so this is the time to get honesty lol [WHITE SMILING FACE]?

I'm sorry to hear that Jack. I have been in some of those places that you have, and I understand completely. So,etimes life seems to throw everything at you at once, and just being normal on a daily basis can be a struggle. When you are down, and nothing is going your way, it's tough....almost impossible to be positive on anything, which turns into a snowball effect affecting everything you love to do, and everyone you love as well. It's not an easy place to get out of, but you can definitely do it man. Every day is a new day, and a chance to make a change from the day prior. Start off small, and concentrate on one thing at a time. Even little things can turn into big things making the difference to getting back right to happiness again. I don't know if you are a "spiritual" guy or not Jack, but sometimes, that is what I really needed when I was down. Turning to the man upstairs has brought me out of a dark place more than once.

I have no doubt you will get some more support in here. That's what we do here man. We take care of each other. If you need anything at all man, I'm here to help anytime. Give me a holler, send me a PM, or anything. I'm here to talk anytime.

My thoughts are with you. Just take things one step at a time. Depression sucks. Been there. After trying tons of different meds to feel "normal", I found one that finally worked. Like others said, one step at a time. Maybe try a VA near you. I had a friend in a bad place and it saved him.

JM750 said:
Wow man, this really sucks to read. You have to try to fix one problem at a time. take the one that either means the most to you or the one you will get the greatest benefit from. If you try to solve them all at once, chances are, you will fail, and be in a worse depression.
Something is not making you a happy person. Find out what that is, and fix it. If you are not happy, the people who surround you (your family won't be either)

I can tell you right now, as an Ex alcoholic, you are going down the wrong path picking up that shit. Nothing ever come out good with that. You would be better off smoking a bowl. Mellow out. I really feel for you because I went into a bad depression back in january, and tried to commit suicide. I ended up in the ICU for 3 days, and then a fucking mental ward locked up for a week. I never once picked up tho. Trust me, you never ever want to be in the place that I was, so you need to start trying to fix things now.

Being married can def take a toll on both people. Top that off with little kids, and all hell can break loose. You need to talk to your wife (especially if you still love her) And i mean really love her. Explain to her where you are mind wise. Tell her how much you need her help. Tell her how much your marriage means to you. Tell your kids how much you love them. But for Gods sake, put down the alcohol! It is NOT the answer. You need to get your sickness taken care of, and get the fuck back to training. You just moved, so things can seem very over whelming. Shit will settle down on that side. Don't beat yourself up man, it will only be worse. You seem to have been sick for a while, and being sick, and not being able to do the every day things like you always do can take a toll as well. So it's important you get healthy.

If you need to talk, hit me up in a pm brother. I'm 51 and been thru a lot of fucking shit in my life. I've had my heart ripped out so many times I lost count. But your kids and wife need you. You are the provider of the family, you cannot let them down. You need to lead by example. Your kids need to see what a real man does for his family.

Good luck, and like I said, hit me up if you need to talk.
Thanks JM, that means a lot. Only problem with the "wife" (gf) I that I have PTSD and she's well aware of it. However she doesn't seem to be really factoring it into every day life. Anyway, I've attempted suicide before too and im not there yet, and I wouldn't leave my kids for anything so that's not an issue anymore. It's just coping that Id like to be able to do. The gf and I had kids accidentally and so we are kind of trapped in this good or bad.

RickRock said:
JackSteel said:

I'm sorry to hear that Jack. I have been in some of those places that you have, and I understand completely. So,etimes life seems to throw everything at you at once, and just being normal on a daily basis can be a struggle. When you are down, and nothing is going your way, it's tough....almost impossible to be positive on anything, which turns into a snowball effect affecting everything you love to do, and everyone you love as well. It's not an easy place to get out of, but you can definitely do it man. Every day is a new day, and a chance to make a change from the day prior. Start off small, and concentrate on one thing at a time. Even little things can turn into big things making the difference to getting back right to happiness again. I don't know if you are a "spiritual" guy or not Jack, but sometimes, that is what I really needed when I was down. Turning to the man upstairs has brought me out of a dark place more than once.

I have no doubt you will get some more support in here. That's what we do here man. We take care of each other. If you need anything at all man, I'm here to help anytime. Give me a holler, send me a PM, or anything. I'm here to talk anytime.
Thanks for the words, Rick, I'm spiritual but not sure who or what I pray to. I do pray though.

Ok. So like i said. Just take one thing at a time and try to fix it. But please dont redort to picking up booze man n

SuckaPunch said:
My thoughts are with you. Just take things one step at a time. Depression sucks. Been there. After trying tons of different meds to feel "normal", I found one that finally worked. Like others said, one step at a time. Maybe try a VA near you. I had a friend in a bad place and it saved him.
Thanks man but the VA is a joke here especially. They just want to put people on meds... Not to mention it's impossible to get an appointment. I've long ago left the VA in the dust as far as looking to them for help.... Sorry guys it's a negative evening obviously.

Meds aren't the worst thing and it may not be permanent. I hate taking meds for anything, and hate taking bout my probs with anyone. But you got us bro. I was on meds for depression but have been off for a year now. I can better control myself and don't feel like shit anymore. Just my experience, no pressure.

Re: RE: Depression and the family guy

JackSteel said:

I've definitely been there my man. Not really ever dealt with much depression but deep down at heart I'm an alcoholic. I'm not sure what caused me to be ahhh alcoholic but I've given up lots of tunes throughout life and started back drinking. One thing I can assure you is, alcohol will do nothing but make everything worse. Alcohol is so bad it's unbelievable, it's a solvent and you're essentially poisoning yourself. I'm sure you don't need a lecture on how terrible alcohol is but just know it's never the right answer. Try your hardest to find motivation in your kids. I understand that you didn't have the kids under the best circumstances but they are yours and you are all they have. Anytime I start to get that feeling, when things aren't going right, I just remember my son. I'm probably not giving you much good advice because I'm not sure there is any advice I can give because it all boils down to you digging deep within yourself and picking yourself back up. Easier said than done, I know but if anyone can do just that it's you. I do feel for what you're going through and know you're not alone, I have been there as has many of us have. Hell, I'm sure a lot of us turned to this lifestyle to escape our demons. Get back to doing what you love and everything else will follow suit. It goes without saying, I'm always around as well if you need anyone to shoot the shit with.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I think many of us have been where you are. It's hard to give someone advice when they are in a place like you're in. At least it's hard for me. In my honest opinion what you are doing at this moment is exactly what you need. You have to get the thoughts and worries out. Even though we are an online family, we are still a family and we're here to help and listen.

I also think you need to figure out the whole being sick thing. Being sick fucks with you in more ways than just physical. It changes your whole mindset. Have you been to the doctor about that at least? If it's in your chest it could lead to some really bad stuff so take care of it now.

Don't worry friend, in the end we are all here for you and like everyone else has said, you can reach out to any of us through PM or whatever. We all help each other out.

SuckaPunch said:
Meds aren't the worst thing and it may not be permanent. I hate taking meds for anything, and hate taking bout my probs with anyone. But you got us bro. I was on meds for depression but have been off for a year now. I can better control myself and don't feel like shit anymore. Just my experience, no pressure.
I've been on a few. I'm very anti pharmaceuticals especially psychoactive ones. But that's another discussion lol

I kno exactly what u mean about not being in meds. When i spent the week in the nut house, thats all they wanted to do is fill me full of meds. It made me worse.
I told them im done taking them after 3 days of being there.

In all honesty. I met a woman who makes me so damn happy that all my troubles are gone now.
Im not sayin thats what you need to do. But being in love does wonders for the mind. At least for me.

Re: RE: Re: Depression and the family guy

JM750 said:
I kno exactly what u mean about not being in meds. When i spent the week in the nut house, thats all they wanted to do is fill me full of meds. It made me worse.

In all honesty. I met a woman who makes me so damn happy that all my troubles are gone now.
Im not sayin thats what you need to do. But being in love does wonders for the mind. At least for me.
You're in love and that has made you all better? Interesting. I guess I should stop teasing you on here. She might get mad. Lol

Jack, the best thing to remember is that it never lasts. It will go away. Keep your mind on that and it will go away even faster. Don't let yourself be sucked in by the negative. It's an easy thing to do, but you're a good man and you're strong (not just physically). We all know that. You will get through this like everything else in life and we are all here for you as you do.

Don't waist your energy on things that are out of your control. Focus on what you can change. Focus on you and your relationships with people.

We all love ya Jack and we always here.

Thanks guys an Scarlett. Last night was a doozy. I feel better today. Sometimes a good sleep helps a ton.

sweetnspicy said:
JM750 said:

You're in love and that has made you all better? Interesting. I guess I should stop teasing you on here. She might get mad. Lol

Jack, the best thing to remember is that it never lasts. It will go away. Keep your mind on that and it will go away even faster. Don't let yourself be sucked in by the negative. It's an easy thing to do, but you're a good man and you're strong (not just physically). We all know that. You will get through this like everything else in life and we are all here for you as you do.

Don't waist your energy on things that are out of your control. Focus on what you can change. Focus on you and your relationships with people.

We all love ya Jack and we always here.
Thanks Scarlett you're right.

i have had major deppression most of my life year and a half ago started getting help and meds best thing ever i feel great it took a couple of diffrent meds but i got the right ones finally so go get some help theres no need to suffer good luck

That sucks to hear man. Ive been in some dark places and the only thing that helped me get out and STAY out is having gratitude for the gifts in my life and getting out there to help someone else. Nothing helps me better appreciate my life and every blessing it holds than doing some volunteer work or something selfless for someone in need. It sounds like youve got a lot on your plate man and if theres one thing ive learned over the short time ive actually paid attention to lifes lessons, its that God or whatever you believe in never gives us more than we can handle. Youve got a lot to be grateful for. Problems at home suck and life can amplify those arguments. But from your posts I can tell you care a lot about those special people that make up your family. Try not to focus on the stuff with work. All that shit works out. The most important part is getting through without resting on a crutch like booze or drugs. Thats not what we want. Or at least not what it seems like we are all after here. If you ever need anything bro... just someone to talk to or listen im here. Anytime.

Ah man this sucks. I feel you on so many levels. There was a point my life was exactly here. It drove me to harsh drugs. You're better than that though and I guarantee you can get passed it. Plus we all have your back if you need anything.

Top Bottom