napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Carpal Tunnel Help

sjemmings

So, I was wondering if any of you might have some helpful info for me. I am 5'7", 188, 33 year old male with fairly low body fat. I have developed some pretty bad carpal tunnel. I do not take hgh. I have intentionally avoided this compound as it is know to cause carpal tunnel. I have ran a few cycles and was wondering if there is anything that may aid in this. Currently I'm running a Tren, Test, Masterone, cycle. I have went to the doctor for this. But, it's not quite bad enough for surgery. Thank God, I'm putting it off as long as possible. Anyway, I'm taking Mobic for inflammation along with baclofen to help relax muscles. I do sleep with braces on at night and wear compression wrist straps at work. I actually developed this at work. I am a underground miner and run a air powered drill called a jackleg. It's a beast to run. Imagine the vibration on your hands from drilling through rock with a 115 lb drill for 12 hours a day. It's actually an excellent workout! Other than it being rough on the body due to vibration and having to manipulate it in positions that cause back injuries. There's not a lot of older miners that aren't just beat to shit physically. Hence the Carpal Tunnel. I have tried various things to combat the symptoms. Such as, Wrist braces at night, compression straps at work, Medication previously listed, Horse liniment applications, etc. The Horse liniment actually helps snap my hands out of numbness. Hopefully some of you will have some tricks up your sleeve that I have not heard of. It's getting really tiresome waking up multiple times throughout the night with hands so numb I cant move any fingers. Any help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

sjemmings said:
So, I was wondering if any of you might have some helpful info for me. I am 5'7", 188, 33 year old male with fairly low body fat. I have developed some pretty bad carpal tunnel. I do not take hgh. I have intentionally avoided this compound as it is know to cause carpal tunnel. I have ran a few cycles and was wondering if there is anything that may aid in this. Currently I'm running a Tren, Test, Masterone, cycle. I have went to the doctor for this. But, it's not quite bad enough for surgery. Thank God, I'm putting it off as long as possible. Anyway, I'm taking Mobic for inflammation along with baclofen to help relax muscles. I do sleep with braces on at night and wear compression wrist straps at work. I actually developed this at work. I am a underground miner and run a air powered drill called a jackleg. It's a beast to run. Imagine the vibration on your hands from drilling through rock with a 115 lb drill for 12 hours a day. It's actually an excellent workout! Other than it being rough on the body due to vibration and having to manipulate it in positions that cause back injuries. There's not a lot of older miners that aren't just beat to shit physically. Hence the Carpal Tunnel. I have tried various things to combat the symptoms. Such as, Wrist braces at night, compression straps at work, Medication previously listed, Horse liniment applications, etc. The Horse liniment actually helps snap my hands out of numbness. Hopefully some of you will have some tricks up your sleeve that I have not heard of. It's getting really tiresome waking up multiple times throughout the night with hands so numb I cant move any fingers. Any help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

That's a tough one to call... Those issues can come from quite a few circumstances and it can be quite difficult to treat... the first thing your going to hear is rest obviously... its like when you get shin splints... there's not really a said cure... Carpal tunnel syndrome should be treated as early as possible after you begin to experience symptoms.

Some people with mild symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome can ease their discomfort by taking more frequent breaks to rest their hands, avoiding activities that worsen symptoms and applying cold packs to reduce occasional swelling.

If these techniques don't offer relief within a few weeks, additional treatment options include wrist splinting, medications and surgery. Splinting and other conservative treatments are more likely to help you if you've had only mild to moderate symptoms for less than 10 months. f the condition is diagnosed early, nonsurgical methods may help improve carpal tunnel syndrome. Methods may include:

Wrist splinting. A splint that holds your wrist still while you sleep can help relieve nighttime symptoms of tingling and numbness. Nocturnal splinting may be a good option if you're pregnant and have carpal tunnel syndrome.

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) may help relieve pain from carpal tunnel syndrome in the short term.

There isn't evidence, however, that these drugs improve carpal tunnel syndrome.

Corticosteroids. Your doctor may inject your carpal tunnel with a corticosteroid such as cortisone to relieve your pain.

Corticosteroids decrease inflammation and swelling, which relieves pressure on the median nerve. Oral corticosteroids aren't considered as effective as corticosteroid injections for treating carpal tunnel syndrome.

If carpal tunnel syndrome results from an inflammatory arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis, then treating the arthritis may reduce symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, but this hasn't been proved.
Surgery

If your symptoms are severe or persist after trying nonsurgical therapy, surgery may be the most appropriate option.

The goal of carpal tunnel surgery is to relieve pressure on your median nerve by cutting the ligament pressing on the nerve.

The surgery may be performed with two different techniques. Discuss the risks and benefits of each technique with your surgeon before surgery. Surgery risks may include incomplete release of the ligament, wound infections, scar formation, and nerve or vascular injuries. The final results of endoscopic and open surgery are similar.

Endoscopic surgery. In endoscopic surgery, your surgeon uses a telescope-like device with a tiny camera attached to it (endoscope) to see inside your carpal tunnel and cut the ligament through one or two small incisions in your hand or wrist.

Endoscopic surgery may result in less pain than does open surgery in the first few days or weeks after surgery.
Open surgery. In open surgery, your surgeon makes a larger incision in the palm of your hand over the carpal tunnel and cuts through the ligament to free the nerve. This procedure may also be conducted using a smaller incision, which may reduce the risk of complications.

During the healing process after the surgery, the ligament tissues gradually grow back together while allowing more room for the nerve than existed before.

In general, your doctor will encourage you to use your hand after surgery, gradually working back to normal use of your hand while avoiding forceful hand motions or extreme wrist positions.

Soreness or weakness may take from several weeks to a few months to resolve after surgery. If your symptoms were very severe before surgery, symptoms may not go away completely after surgery.

These steps may help you gain at least temporary relief from your symptoms:

Take quick breaks from repetitive activities involving the use of your hands.
Rotate your wrists and stretch your palms and fingers.
Take a pain reliever, such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) or naproxen (Aleve).
Wear a wrist splint at night. Wrist splints are generally available over-the-counter at most drugstores or pharmacies. The splint should be snug but not tight.
Avoid sleeping on your hands to help ease the pain or numbness in your wrists and hands.

If pain, numbness or weakness recurs and persists, see your doctor.

Alternative forms of therapy can be integrated into your regular health plan to help you deal with the signs and symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. You may have to experiment to find a treatment that works for you. Still, always check with your doctor before trying any complementary or alternative treatment.

Yoga. Yoga postures designed for strengthening, stretching and balancing each joint in the upper body, as well as the upper body itself, may help reduce the pain and improve the grip strength of people with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Hand therapy. Preliminary evidence suggests that certain physical and occupational hand therapy techniques may help improve symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Ultrasound therapy. High-intensity ultrasound can be used to raise the temperature of a targeted area of body tissue to reduce pain and promote healing. A course of ultrasound therapy over several weeks may help improve the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.

There are no proven strategies to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome, but you can minimize stress on your hands and wrists by taking the following precautions:

Reduce your force and relax your grip. Most people use more force than needed to perform many manual tasks. If your work involves a cash register, for instance, hit the keys softly. For prolonged handwriting, use a big pen with an oversized, soft grip adapter and free-flowing ink. This way you won't have to grip the pen tightly or press as hard on the paper.
Take frequent breaks. Give your hands and wrists a break by gently stretching and bending them periodically. Alternate tasks when possible. If you use equipment that vibrates or that requires you to exert a great amount of force, taking breaks is even more important.
Watch your form. Avoid bending your wrist all the way up or down. A relaxed middle position is best. If you use a keyboard, keep it at elbow height or slightly lower.
Improve your posture. Incorrect posture can cause your shoulders to roll forward. When your shoulders are in this position, your neck and shoulder muscles are shortened, compressing nerves in your neck. This can affect your wrists, fingers and hands.
Keep your hands warm. You're more likely to develop hand pain and stiffness if you work in a cold environment. If you can't control the temperature at work, put on fingerless gloves that keep your hands and wrists warm.

You can try to use sarms and peptides as well to enhance recovery on this... mk2866, lgd4033 and tb500 together would be a very nice healing stack for you

I have pretty much tried everything to remedy this with the exception of sarms/anabolics. I will definitely take your recommendations and run a sarms healing stack. That's kind of what I was looking for as a last ditch effort to put off surgery as long as possible.
Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated!
-Steve

sjemmings said:
I have pretty much tried everything to remedy this with the exception of sarms/anabolics. I will definitely take your recommendations and run a sarms healing stack. That's kind of what I was looking for as a last ditch effort to put off surgery as long as possible.
-Steve

im happy to help brother... check your pm's...

I had it in my left hand, Had to have it operated on, Doc had to sepirate the nerves in my hand,

Re: RE: Re: Carpal Tunnel Help

sjemmings said:
-Steve
If you decide to try out the sarms healing stack, keep us updated on how that goes for you. I'm curious if that could help you or not, and I'm sure others would be curious as well

For some strange reason I got CT every dam time I ever used TrenA. There became a certain high dose that I learned to stay away from. Don't know if this makes you feel any better, but about 2 months after no tren...as in ZERO, it went away every time.
As for treatment, I found icing for 1/2 hour 2-3 times a day was best, and the best med was a script called Arthrotec. Good luck my bro,because that is one nuisance to carry around. And keep doing your weights but get some tight wrap around gloves and maybe some hooks.

Mine has been caused from abuse to my body. I haven't really noticed if the tren has made mine worse or not. I'm definitely going to start the healing stack that Dylan gamelli recommended! I'm going to wait until the end of my cycle (about 6 weeks) to do so though. I want to be able to get good info to post on here. Basically,I just want to make sure that the steroids don't affect the results in anyway. So, stay tuned and I'll post results in a few months. I'll post when I start, progress, etc...

On a side note, I got a cutting stack from pure essence sarms in the mail yesterday. I was a little skeptical of just how good the GW would help on cardio. But, damn!!! I took it and went to the gym an hour later and the results were insane! Just after the first time using it I could breeze through my cardio workout. I'll elaborate more later perhaps on a different post.
-Steve

sjemmings said:
Mine has been caused from abuse to my body. I haven't really noticed if the tren has made mine worse or not. I'm definitely going to start the healing stack that Dylan gamelli recommended! I'm going to wait until the end of my cycle (about 6 weeks) to do so though. I want to be able to get good info to post on here. Basically,I just want to make sure that the steroids don't affect the results in anyway. So, stay tuned and I'll post results in a few months. I'll post when I start, progress, etc...

On a side note, I got a cutting stack from pure essence sarms in the mail yesterday. I was a little skeptical of just how good the GW would help on cardio. But, damn!!! I took it and went to the gym an hour later and the results were insane! Just after the first time using it I could breeze through my cardio workout. I'll elaborate more later perhaps on a different post.
-Steve

please keep us updated bro... i know how much of a hindrance that issue is and i want you to find some relief...

that is awesome to hear and fully expected about the gw... just wait my friend, this is just the start! really looking forward to hearing your results moving forward!

sjemmings said:

-Steve

I'll be looking forward to those results when you have them!

I'm glad you are enjoying that cutting stack. It's basically the same thing I'm running right now as well, and the PE GW is no joke! My cardio has been a breeze and I don't want it to end. Truly awesome stuff, and keep us updated on how everything goes for you

I'll definitely post on this subject when I get started on the recovery stack. Hopefully i will get some good clear results.

sjemmings said:
I'll definitely post on this subject when I get started on the recovery stack. Hopefully i will get some good clear results.

yes, please keep us updated... im very intrigued to see your results bro...

Okay, so after neglecting a proper response on here I am finally able to post some results. I ran the 12 week healing and recovery stack and it seemed to help with my hands. It definitely helped my lower back pain. The problem is I had not had any time to let my hands rest. Year after year of extremely harsh vibration and constant pressure has taken its toll on me. I would imagine that if a person wasn't at the level where they need surgery it would help substantially. I actually had some researchers come into the mine that were doing a study on carpal tunnel after I had originally posted this (ironic). They taped their sensors onto the hand grip of the rock drill I run and they broke virtually instantly. Since then, I have not had to run equipment similar to it. I think time off is the best cure, other than surgery. My hands still occasionally fall asleep at night and I'm woken from my slumber. But, it's not a constant struggle to get adequate sleep at night like it was previously. I would definitely recommend the healing stack for use though. Like I said. My lower back benefited from it substantially.

Have you tried any topical anti inflammatories?

Ketaprofen, is like 15x stronger than ibuprofen. You can add other stuff like piroxicam as a muscle relaxant, etc.

You apply it directly to the area.

Okay, so after neglecting a proper response on here I am finally able to post some results. I ran the 12 week healing and recovery stack and it seemed to help with my hands. It definitely helped my lower back pain. The problem is I had not had any time to let my hands rest. Year after year of extremely harsh vibration and constant pressure has taken its toll on me. I would imagine that if a person wasn't at the level where they need surgery it would help substantially. I actually had some researchers come into the mine that were doing a study on carpal tunnel after I had originally posted this (ironic). They taped their sensors onto the hand grip of the rock drill I run and they broke virtually instantly. Since then, I have not had to run equipment similar to it. I think time off is the best cure, other than surgery. My hands still occasionally fall asleep at night and I'm woken from my slumber. But, it's not a constant struggle to get adequate sleep at night like it was previously. I would definitely recommend the healing stack for use though. Like I said. My lower back benefited from it substantially.

here is the deal bro with carpal tunnel i had it bad as well as cubital tunnel hands would wake me up at night, needles to say i had the surgery in about 2009 but i kept doin the same shit i was doing before mechaning and running weedeaters and lawn mowers, computer work etc. hell i had surgery on one hand at a time the day i got out of surgery and the grogginess wore off i was out cutting grass my wife was fucking livid being a nurse but hey i had 40 yards a week no rest for the weary. it has helped some but if you are going to continue doing the same shit it will just come right back, now i have a much better job that doesn't require all that shit so i don't have near the probs i did

Top Bottom