napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Calf's are so sore, I can't walk!

r2truth

I didn't hit calfs for like a month, on Tuesday I hit calfs hard with high reps and sets, Wednesday I was doing fine but when I woke up this morning I couldn't walk, it's so bad I had to call sick at work. Lol did anyone have a similar experience?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I've killed my calves many times but never had to call in sick to work! That's pretty extreme bro! I take Taurine and drink tons of water with bcaa's/glutamine/ALCAR throughout the day and my pumps/cramps are almost non-existant and soreness remains at a tolerable level. Sorry to hear you're crippled now - that sucks! I also cool down for at least 15-20 mins of light cardio after any workout, especially legs. That post-workout cardio really does seem to help me by keeping the blood flowing enough to help disperse the lactic acid and reducing soreness. Hope you're back on your feet soon!

That's how I'm feeling right now....just got back from a hamstring injury and I'm finally getting into lifting heavy again for legs. The DOMS are real....they feel like when I first started working out!

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: Calf's are so sore, I can't walk!

prestigealaska said:
I've killed my calves many times but never had to call in sick to work! That's pretty extreme bro! I take Taurine and drink tons of water with bcaa's/glutamine/ALCAR throughout the day and my pumps/cramps are almost non-existant and soreness remains at a tolerable level. Sorry to hear you're crippled now - that sucks! I also cool down for at least 15-20 mins of light cardio after any workout, especially legs. That post-workout cardio really does seem to help me by keeping the blood flowing enough to help disperse the lactic acid and reducing soreness. Hope you're back on your feet soon!
Ill definitely look into taurine, Thanks for the feedback bro.

xdevinxsoccer said:
That's how I'm feeling right now....just got back from a hamstring injury and I'm finally getting into lifting heavy again for legs. The DOMS are real....they feel like when I first started working out!

Word it feels like when I first stared, lol if i steched I would probably be able to walk.

r2truth said:
xdevinxsoccer said:

Word it feels like when I first stared, lol if i steched I would probably be able to walk.

I hear you bro - I fucking hate stretching! Probably my biggest area of needed improvement to be honest. I just never have the time after working out, or rather, I never make the time!

I was blessed with decent calves so i dont have to go crazy. But yrs ago i was in mexico poolside at the resort. I made the mistake of participating in a poolside event. Needless to say. You had to hold a woman in your arms and compete to do the most squats. I did full squats not this 1/5 squats like the other pussies were doing. Needless to say, i couldnt walk for 3 days after that.

I've never had this problem, because I'm genetically gifted with some awesome calves. I actually have to be careful not to train them too much to keep my symmetry and not have my calves overpower everything else

JM750 said:
I was blessed with decent calves so i dont have to go crazy. But yrs ago i was in mexico poolside at the resort. I made the mistake of participating in a poolside event. Needless to say. You had to hold a woman in your arms and compete to do the most squats. I did full squats not this 1/5 squats like the other pussies were doing. Needless to say, i couldnt walk for 3 days after that.
Lol u probably made some gains from those squats

RickRock said:
I've never had this problem, because I'm genetically gifted with some awesome calves. I actually have to be careful not to train them too much to keep my symmetry and not have my calves overpower everything else
Nice bro most bodybuilders lack in the calf's department but u should definitely train them hard if they are ur genetic potential lol who knows maybe ur legs could look like Tom platz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Calf's are so sore, I can't walk!

prestigealaska said:
r2truth said:
xdevinxsoccer said:

I hear you bro - I fucking hate stretching! Probably my biggest area of needed improvement to be honest. I just never have the time after working out, or rather, I never make the time!
Lol I use to stretch in the mornings right after waking up, it sure did help me through out my day.

r2truth said:
RickRock said:
Nice bro most bodybuilders lack in the calf's department but u should definitely train them hard if they are ur genetic potential lol who knows maybe ur legs could look like Tom platz

If only I could get my quads to grow at that rate of my calves, I'd be a very happy man! But no, it's just my calves that grow like that unfortunately lol

Top Bottom