napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Balancing Workout/Social Life

itswhatever

a reoccurring problem i've been having recently as corny as it sounds getting the balance between being social and training. I'm almost 26 years old but i don't drink (haven't been drunk in 6months, and before that a year), and i'm no fan of eating out. Why? because it makes me feel like shit for a couple days so wtf would i want to do that for. makes sense. the problem ? not being hit up to go do things as much as i use to. there's women everyone i'm coming across just want to go out during the week to drink, go eat somewhere, but that just not me i'm not with it. Now i know some will say well if they not with your lifestyle fuck them we have to be realistic though when you first meet someone they're going to want to do shit even though in my head i didnt buy all these sarms, soon first cycle to be out here to not maximizing my gains. it's like my priorities changed before everyone elses where going out isnt important, and getting faded for no reason its just a waste of money. with all that being said maybe i'm just salty as fuck i haven't figured anything out lol

Finding a balance between gym and social life is hard during every stage of your life and it's different for everyone. I can understand not wanting to go to a bar and drink every night but if you meet a girl and that's what she's into hang out a few times there's nothing that says you have to drink, although it can be really annoying being around a bunch of drunk idiots when your sober. But if she's into you she's not gonna want to hang at a bar every night, if she does then fuck it and stop dealing with her. And going out to eat is never a bad thing unless you pick up a hefty chick and her idea of a good dinner is McD's every night. If you go to any decent restaurant there's plenty of healthy options on the menu to choose from. Shit I still struggle with it myself being married for 10+ yrs w 2 kids. If my wife had her way I'd spend every waking moment with my family, not that it's a bad thing but I need my time to hit the gym to stay sane. But it definitely has moments where she feels I need to be somewhere w them, but I'm not gonna skip the gym, I choose carefully and if we argue about it she understands afterwards that she overreacts.

You'll get it figured out bud. We all have to deal with balancing out our own goals and ambitions with family, friends, etc. you should always do what makes you happy, but I'm a firm believer in not letting your lifestyle get in the way of life. Those social interactions are good for your mental state and I feel they are good to keep you on track. It doesn't mean you can't be social and responsible with you diet and progress. I have certain days per week I enjoy non bodybuilding meals with my family, and I like to have a drink or two with friends if some event comes up as long as it doesn't come too often.

Balance is the hard part. People can either be at one extreme or the other. Either it's a zealot mentality where everything needs to be perfect all the time, or people just allow too much to interfere with goals. I feel I've found a very good balance myself but it's not easy to get to that point. I wouldn't change it one bit. I know that much

you will figure out the balance... you have to do you bro.. period... i spent my entire 20's doing nothing but partying, drinking, caring about nothing but money, women etc.. i look back on it and although i wouldn't change anything and i can tell you stories for years, i regret a lot of it... i can't change it but ive eliminated it all out of my life but actually living that way taught me A LOT and shaped me into what i am today so i would never change it... i quit drinking, i only smoke weed, no other drugs, etc... i do everything i do for my wife and my mom but then again, im married and you are not so its different... trust me on this.. i spent years dating women in l.a., that were big into all kinds of shit and it looked great to many people but it was never going anywhere... trust me, not all women are that way that just want to drink etc... your just at that age but there are so many quality women that you can actually be with.. you are not that kind of guy, clearly so being with a girl that behaves that way will cause you nothing but heart ache etc... trust me on this bro... you DO YOU, period and God will figure out the rest for you... I promise you

and that is one of my problems i have hard time finding the middle, i always think it is either just this or that. it's not like i don't step out in awhile or schedule a cheat meal here or there. it's just everyone i know just wants to head to places to grabs drinks i dont like the situations.. drunk people while you sober is just fucking terrible no other way to put that. i know part of it is complaining but would hurt to be thrown a bone and magically find some people who like to workout and not stuff pounds of grease and cholesterol in their mouths lol . Shit i got one friend that workouts but hes a jackass he be running cycles of test, tren, and var getting hammer keeping no gains when all is said and done.

however i do hear what you guys are saying though live a little, but don't let myself get derailed if i could only get over the mental block of not heading one of the extremes i'm hard headed that way.

Dylan i know there some quality out there but you also right i am at the age where people still getting out of their system. I've had some people who accepted it, then i've some real awkward interactions.

Try having a gf/wife and kids balancing a full time job and gym, meal prepping ect, at one point something is going to give social life doesn't even exist for me shit i barely have enough time to eat dinner most nights I lose sleep just cooking for myself and family too. Whats most important to you will always come first and tbh if you arent into drinking/eating out/clubbing idk what else there is you can do. Technically you can still party and go to clubs/bars and pick up chicks you dont necessarily have to drink and eat shitty food although not doing that may decrease your chances of success.

It just doesnt fit this lifestyle well IMO especially the drinking, getting fucked up and eating out. A lot of guys stop that just so they can achieve their goals.

i completely understand bro but trust me, this is all about you... you do what your comfortable with and what you want, not what you think others want you to be... you never want to be something you have to be something you are not... we have to make changes for people we care about, absolutely but you never change WHO YOU ARE and if that's not you then you need to realize that and do what makes you happy

When in was single me and my buddies would gym together, afterwords get a meal at a place like Chipotle (Mexican fast food but its all 100% organic, great on macros as long as you dont order the burritos and cheap too) and afterwords go home and play a couple rounds of Madden or NBA 2k on Xbox, PlayStation ect.

We smoked weed to but tbh its not needed for a good time with friends

Balance? WTF? Balance that Olympic bar with some plates on plates on plates...
Yeah the gym is a few hours out the day and yes you're 26 and deserve some type of social life... date a gym rat. Just be sure it aint #10%. Everything in a skirt shouldn't be...

Top Bottom