napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Are electronic scales to measure body fat accurate enough?

There even worse for steroid users cause they count water as lean mass you obviously see how that can throw you off when your shredded and dry it will tell you your fatter than you are and when your bloated youll think you have more muscle

Calipers arent the most accurate but they show enough change too consistantly track progress consistantly the elctric tool is useless though

What kind of pricing are we talking about? And how did it measure up compared to your calipers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's like $100, I believe. For me and my buddy, it gave us within 1% of the calipers. Surprisingly accurate for us. I did a little research on it so the standard electric bf % measurement tools like the ones you stand on or hold in your hand use bioelectrical impedence analysis which basically sends electric current through your body from your hands or feet. This is inaccurate because it doesn't take into account water, food, body comp, etc. This new thing uses electrical impedence myography which targets specific areas on your body with the current like using calipers except you just press this tool against the area. I've even heard of some people getting damn close results to DEXA scan results. It was pretty cool. They have a little "Science" page on their website explaining how it works. Still a very new approach so I didn't buy one myself. Interested to see how they move forward with it. Definitely promising though. Every hand held electronic scale always gives me far off results like 19% when I'm actually about 9%. When I used this thing, calipers said I was 9%, and it read 8.4%. Pretty cool tool.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It's like $100, I believe. For me and my buddy, it gave us within 1% of the calipers. Surprisingly accurate for us. I did a little research on it so the standard electric bf % measurement tools like the ones you stand on or hold in your hand use bioelectrical impedence analysis which basically sends electric current through your body from your hands or feet. This is inaccurate because it doesn't take into account water, food, body comp, etc. This new thing uses electrical impedence myography which targets specific areas on your body with the current like using calipers except you just press this tool against the area. I've even heard of some people getting damn close results to DEXA scan results. It was pretty cool. They have a little "Science" page on their website explaining how it works. Still a very new approach so I didn't buy one myself. Interested to see how they move forward with it. Definitely promising though. Every hand held electronic scale always gives me far off results like 19% when I'm actually about 9%. When I used this thing, calipers said I was 9%, and it read 8.4%. Pretty cool tool.

My scale at home supposedly breaks down bf, water, bone and muscle. It seems to follow fairly true in the sense that when I've lost or gain fat it seems to reflect that. I wouldn't say it's accurate, just does show the directionality I'm going. I think it becomes extra inaccurate for abnormal body comps such a low bf high muscle bodybuilders.

Ever seen the ones you hold out in front of you and squeeze? Lol wtf is up with that? My first gym had one and it said I was like 26% lol. Never in my life have I been that high that's for damn sure. Idk how they even work. Makes no sense.

I usually just use the caliper method. A buddy of mine bought this new measurement tool called the skulpt aim. It's the first electronic bf% tool that I've used that is pretty damn good. You wet it and then press it against your body on 4 locations (bi, tri, abs, quads) and it sends electro pulses to measure body fat and muscle quality. Pretty neat.

Here is a review and pricing of the Skulpt AIM device. There is also a video lower down the page

http://afcoaching.com.au/blogs/blo...-test-how-accurate-it-is-against-a-dexa-scan

Sent from my RoidPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom