napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

45yo Newbie's First SARMS Cycle (A former fatty that's now fit)

est190

Hi guys:

Just joined to forum after having done tons of research on PEDs. By way of background, I am a 45 year old guy. As of December 1, 2018, I weighed in at 260 (5'9" and body fat percentage close to 40). I also had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, High BP, Type 2 Diabetes. I was a mess. I made a huge lifestyle change and went all in on clean keto, got back to the gym 6-8 days a week (3 hours a day of which 1 hour is cardio--and no BS). I dropped down to 180 and a 9% body fat--all naturally. My blood lipids and BP are perfect, no more diabetes and I am off all meds (except metformin since it has so many benefits). I do use 50mg of DHEA per day, with 200mg of 7-Keto-DHEA, Fenugreek, D3, Tribulus, Damiana leaf, DIM and I3C (usual natural test boosters--but, nothing I couldn't get at the pharmacy or GNC).

For reference here is me in Fall 2018:

IMG_20180817_082044.jpg

Here is me this past week (January 12):

20200112_115655.jpg

I just started my first round of SARMS on December 20. I am currently taking 30mg of Ostarine and 20mg of Cardarine. The goal is recomp. I am almost a month in and I am starting to see some results, but I am kind of itching to add in some RAD140 (maybe 10mg per day on top of the current stack--maybe dropping the Ostarine to 20mg?). Is this a bad idea? Given my age, do I need to make any special considerations? Thanks for the guidance.

Firstly great work dropping the weight and doing it naturally. I would proberly just keep with what your doing and run the total 12 weeks . after your PCT and recover time you can certainly run RAD and incorporate it in a stack . Given your age I would just keep an eye on test levels as natural thy drop as w age and sarms will suppress you somewhat . You need to b doing blood work pre/mid and post cycle . Running a organ support is benficial too. Age is a number mat, at 41 im in the best shape to date .

Great job with the fat loss and transformation. Incredible job. I agree with waiting for a future cycle to use RAD, especially considering where you are in the current cycle

Thanks for the advice. I didn't get a baseline on my hormones, but I have my lipids and a1c, PSA, thyroid etc. Done every 90 days. I just made an appointment with my endocrinologist, so I am going to have everything run. Last I checked was during my fat period and I had low T and high Estradiol. I had gyno due to obesity, which has since resolved. I suspect he'll offer me HRT. Maybe I should take it? Certainly limits some of the issues with pcts etc.

In the meantime I should probably stick with my plan, but my rad140 stock is really tempting me!

Last edited:
excellent job with what you have accomplished man... absolutely love seeing things like that...

dont be stupid with the cycle... adding rad right now doesnt make any sense... it needs to be ran 12 weeks to get the right benefits from it... not to mention, its never a great idea to just start throwing things in without having that planned to start with... this is a marathon, not a sprint...

Thanks for the advice Dylan. I am going to stick with the Ostarine for now. I really started taking in large part to resolve issues I was having with a shoulder impingement that I got from a benching incident last year (and never went away). I have a tear in my left labrum and rotator cuff. I went to an ortho who suggested surgery, cortisone injections and PT. I had one cortisone injection that helped a little for a couple of weeks and PT was just a waste of time. It was so bad there were nights I couldn't sleep at all and had to just get up at 2am to ice my shoulder. It didn't stop my training, but I just worked through the pain. It did hold me back from do behind the neck squats since I could get my left arm into position and military press was a challenge (getting the dumbbells into position). Since I started on ostarine 3 weeks ago, the pain in my shoulder is 90% gone! I am still doing some PT exercises to improve range of motion, but I am finally able to get my arm back in position for squats! II also had pain in my left knee that I tweaked deadlifting. Since I started ostarine, those aches and pains are totally gone!!! I can't say I am seeing huge gains from Ostarine at this point (3.5 weeks in at 25mg a day), but my body feels so much better.

Now I just need to see some gains in strength and size. I will say that this week, I am finally feeling more of a pump during my workouts and the pump seems to remain longer. My muscles definitely feel harder. My body weight hasn't changed during this cycle (other than the usual 4-5 pound swings), but I am not really cutting calories right now since this is more of a recomp. Is there any downside or benefit to continuing to supplement with DHEA (25-50mg per day), DIM (200mg a day) and I3C? I definitely saw the benefits when I was natty, but since I have ostarine, do i need to continue to try to boost my natural T or is that just a waste of time and save it for my PCT?

i would use ostazol on cycle for sure... thats what i always recommend... its not like you cant continue with your supplements but they arent going to do a ton either... thats really up to you

Top Bottom