domestic-supply

sarms.forsale
bannednutrition

napsgear
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sleep aid?

sleep aid?

Is benadryl safe to take to help with sleep?

Re: sleep aid?

Quote Originally Posted by stets
    Every now and then? Yes
    consistantly? Absolutely not.

I like melatonin 10mg..works good

I've used it a lot as a sleep aid and it doesn't even work anymore, but on a good note, my sinuses have never been clearer. lol

I had the worst problem sleeping about a month ago and it had been going on for three months. It was really killing me. I tried everything I could think of including prescription sleeping medication. Guess what? It didn't work. I actually took the suggestion from someone on here, after they told me about 500 times, to try melatonin. I figured it would never work since it's just a natural compound and even the hard prescriptions weren't working for me. It actually did work though. I took 10mg about 20 minutes before I wanted to sleep and it really just made me fall asleep naturally. I love the stuff. You should try it, before you have to be told 500 times that it works. lol

Quote Originally Posted by cmb5017
    Every now and then? Yes

Whats your opinion on consistently taking melatonin ? Ive been taking melatonin for sleep at night as well,

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo
    Every now and then? Yes

Whats your opinion on consistently taking melatonin ? Ive been taking melatonin for sleep at night as well,
    My dr. said it was perfectly safe to continue taking. At least it's safer than Ambian or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnspicy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo
    Every now and then? Yes

My dr. said it was perfectly safe to continue taking. At least it's safer than Ambian or something like that.
    Thats good to hear because melatonin actually does work , at least for me it does. And them script sleep aids are the worse. Theyre addictive, they make u hallucinate and people actually die from those all the time. Once people start growing tolerances on the script sleep meds, they tend to take more to compensate, which leads to MAJOR problems and complications.

Yea melatonin should be safe for long time use. However I would use as needed instead if popping one every night because sooner or later your body will build a tolerance im sure

Yea melatonin should be safe for long time use. However I would use as needed instead if popping one every night because sooner or later your body will build a tolerance im sure
    ^^ agreed, all in moderation and only as needed. thats a good concept for any substance we use,

I've heard that continually using melatonin over years can slowly cut your production of releasing melatonin. So when you get older, the natural production of melatonin would be so limited. Any thought on it being true? My mom heard it from a friend who got that info from her doctor.

Benadry is safe, and you cannot od on them. Takes a lot to kill you. I have known people to take 6 at a time. Problem is just like anything else...you become immune to them. Same with ambien, xanax, heroin, vicodin, clen etc. Melatoin is good but after long everday use it stops working. The people who make EmergenC also make EmergenZ, which has meatonin plus other things. My wife likes it. What I do is work from 6am-6pm, take lots of breaks and drink lots of water and I am asleep before the light goes out.
    Another thing about benedryl and lifters, is that in heavily muscled people it can cause the night time restless leg syndrome.
    The best way to sleep is to turn a fan on and let it happen on its own. Your body will take what it needs. L-trytophan used to be very popular, but I don't hear of it much anymore