napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Am i hypothyroid?

fanintw

Hi. I’ve had extreme fatigue, depression, muscle weakness and pain, erectile dysfunction, stopped having dreams, dry skin and hair, gained 8 lbs suddenly, BP spikes, constipation, back and joint pains, etc... for a year now.
Turned 50 ironically at this same time and was in best physical and mental shape of my life.
I’ve been on trt for 7 years and 6 of these years have been the best era of my life.
Well, that came to an immediate halt a year ago and turned into the worst period.
During this time got diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency at 15.2. Got that to 44.9 in 2 months. Was hoping that was the problem. Doesn’t seem like it.
Scheduled to see an endo in two weeks but am continuously trying to figure this out because my “life” has pretty much ended and would really like it back.
I’ve been wondering if my thyroid is the issue.
Here’s my labs:
T3 free-3.2(2.8-5.3)
T4 free-.6(.7-1.9) looking back 5 years this is always under range even when feeling “great”
TSH-3.02(.40-4.70)has been gradually rising
T3 reverse-13(10-24)
Thyroperoxide-1.0(<9.0)
Thyroglobulin-1.8(<4.0)
Anyway, it’s been really aweful and am looking for help and advice.
I’m having a sleep study done soon too but I’m 90% sure that’s not it. Don’t snore and am not obese.
My symptoms have many hypothyroidism related ones.
People have suggested this is my problem. GP doesn’t think so. He referred me to endo as I said to hopefully figure this out.
Sorry for the long post but you guys seem really smart and I am trying to narrow this down so this year doesn’t turn out like last year.
Thank you
Jeff

I'd say just wait and see what your endo says. They are the one that will be helping you with this issue anyways

I'd say just wait and see what your endo says. They are the one that will be helping you with this issue anyways

This^^^ Stop beating yourself up about this and wait for your endo appointment. All this stressing and worrying can't be helping your current state. What's your TRT protocol and are you taking an AI

This^^^ Stop beating yourself up about this and wait for your endo appointment. All this stressing and worrying can't be helping your current state. What's your TRT protocol and are you taking an AI

You’re right. Just really scared and beat.
My trt is 80mg every 5 Days. Puts me at about 550-600 TT and my free T is top 80%. Estrodial is at 39 on a 5-64 scale(standard test). No AI.
At first before I had number and had some symptoms of E2 i thought that was definitely my problem. As I said I felt great but something has gradually struck me and a year later it’s really bad. Also, I’ve had elevated E2 before and I fixed that easily. This feels way worse then E2 problems.

i can understand you being concerned but hypothesizing and guessing at problems is only going to make things worse on so many fronts, especially mentally... i know it sucks but you have to just wait and see what the endo says

Top Bottom