napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Sodium

SaladTossingBitch

So my throat has been feeling pretty bad for the past 3 or 4 days I went to the doctor to get checked for strep and it was not strep throat so he suggested that I eat chicken noodle soup and ice cream to soothe my throat eating chicken noodle soup out of the can is a horrible idea because of the sodium.

I feel and look like a puffer fish. I'm holding so much water because of the sodium it's not even funny.[emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Eh some people are more sensitive to it than others. For me I can handle decent amount of sodium and seem to be ok. Just depends though. I would say for the short time deal with it. Its better to at least get something down than nothing at all.

So my throat has been feeling pretty bad for the past 3 or 4 days I went to the doctor to get checked for strep and it was not strep throat so he suggested that I eat chicken noodle soup and ice cream to soothe my throat eating chicken noodle soup out of the can is a horrible idea because of the sodium.

I feel and look like a puffer fish. I'm holding so much water because of the sodium it's not even funny.[emoji23]

If you are used to much less sodium intake it will definitely bloat you. You can eat more potassium rich foods and increase water intake to bring it down

Canned soups are notoriously high in sodium. Look for "low sodium soups" . Or better yet have your wife make some homemade soup!!

Or make your own. Fresh carrots celery chicken and pasta. With chicken flavor boullian cubes and some oregano and garlic salt. Boom.

PHURIOUS

Hurricane is right, have your wife make you some homemade chicken soup and just use broth that has very low sodium in it. Canned soups are just plain horrible and salt mines. Sometimes I'd make Dylan some chicken soup with carrots, parsley and I would even put cabbage in it. He actually loves it considering he doesn't eat anything.

Sounds like you're Doctor is wasting his $200k education lol! Ice cream for a sore throat? Use your head, doc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Www.expressdomesticapache.com

[email protected]
Well maybe ice cream was my idea lol. But he did say soup. Wichita does not mix well with 500mg of test.

I should have learned my lesson from the last time I was chewing on some salty home made jerky.

What nobody liked my recipe for amazinrg chicken soup? Ppsshhh

PHURIOUS

At any rate this is temporary with the water retention, so I wouldn't let it bother you all that much. Not a whole lot you can do if you keep consuming high amounts of sodium

At any rate this is temporary with the water retention, so I wouldn't let it bother you all that much. Not a whole lot you can do if you keep consuming high amounts of sodium
I walked into crossfit and coach said holy shit man you bulking. Lol. I said no just a high sodium day lol.

I drank 1.5 gal of water and ate 3 bananas and it's going down.

Keep your sodium on the higher side and increase water intake over time your body will reajust and your hyper sensitivy will revert too normal this is just like people who say there carb sensitve after a year of ketogenic dieting your body has adapted too your low sodium diet . this isnt good sodium keeps you hydrated and not only stores water subq but intramuscular also so you stay flat . im not saying eat tons of ramen noodles with soy sauce but dont elimnate it from your diet

Sodium doesn't affect me too badly given I drink enough water. I'd say give the soup a go and increase fluids!

I just came across this post & it was funny because I have been reading up on sodium & body building all day, crazy how that works, but anyways, it all sounds on point,drink more water,& maintain the levels you are at,sodium seems like quite the contradicting ingredient here,& it's complicated,but you still need it for many health reasons, at least 2300 mg per day is a pretty good average, I say keep it there,just drink more water,& step up the cardio a little,as for you're question on potassium, my mothers a nurse & I asked her the same questions about potassium & she said she treats patients daily with it,it can be extremely lethal, according to a health care professional you only want the potassium you retain from foods,anything other than,& it becomes dangerous. Hope that helps,good luck mate, get well soon [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice if you try to sweat more and drink more water it gets rid of the bloat. Do cardio with a sweatshirt on and lift in a sweatshirt as well along with drinking more water and you'll rid the water

Top Bottom