napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

AAS Cycle - Training Programs

hardtoget

Would like to get recommended a workout program that is very effective for those running AAS. I've been running Mountain Dog Training with much success but would love a different program to try to get as much out of the AAS cycle as possible. I want to keep up my cardio 3-4x a week and don't want to overkill my legs or my cardio training will suffer. Would really like to blow up my chest more and forearms seem to be lagging but upper arms are good size 16".

Would like to get recommended a workout program that is very effective for those running AAS. I've been running Mountain Dog Training with much success but would love a different program to try to get as much out of the AAS cycle as possible. I want to keep up my cardio 3-4x a week and don't want to overkill my legs or my cardio training will suffer. Would really like to blow up my chest more and forearms seem to be lagging but upper arms are good size 16".

^ Training should be consistent regardless of AAS use or not, all user preference and goal dependent

What works for one person may not work best for the next. Training styles and preferences are going to vary greatly.

Personally I do DC training exclusively and have for years. It's the most effective,program I've found for mass and strength to date...but I will say it's not for everyone. It must be done correctly or you won't get anything out of it

RickRock explain to me more about DC training.
There's really too much to go over in a post, but I'll try to get a writeup on it in the near future.

Basics are, very short but intense workouts, low volume. One exercise per body part and one working set rest paused to failure. Workouts are only about an hour Monday Wednesday and Friday only doing an alternating upper and lower body split so everything is hit every 5 days

There's really too much to go over in a post, but I'll try to get a writeup on it in the near future.

Basics are, very short but intense workouts, low volume. One exercise per body part and one working set rest paused to failure. Workouts are only about an hour Monday Wednesday and Friday only doing an alternating upper and lower body split so everything is hit every 5 days
I'd be very interested in that write-up and giving that a shot. I've been interested in trying DC for awhile but just don't have the time right now to do enough research into it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

the effectiveness of any program depends on your diet and training intensity, along with rest. anything that stresses/stimulates the muscle will enhance growth. you should really sit down and create your own workout plan, because you know best what works for you and what exercises you enjoy. for instance, you can build a chest without bench press, but most workout programs will include bench press for chest. if you like it and have no problems benching i would incorporate it, but obviously some people have shoulder, elbow, etc problems and avoiding bench is better then trying to do bench just because its part of the program. i do like bench for chest, but it is good for shoulders and triceps too. any heavy compound movement is good for packing on mass. hence why bench, squat, dead, are so popular....

what you could do is keep up your normal routine but just work chest and forearms twice a week to really focus on bringing the parts up that you want.

for chest i would work it twice a week with 2-3 days rest between. you can do one heavy day 4-6 reps and one lighter day 8-12 reps. 3 days rest between heavy day and 2 days rest after light day. so monday heavy chest, friday light chest.

for exercises i would stick to the basics if you can on heavy days, heavy barbell bench flat and incline. heavy dips. dumbell pullovers.
on light chest days - more pump exercises to engorge chest fibers and stretch fascia tissue. dumbell flat/incline press, dumbell flat flies/ cable flies, hammer strength isolateral machines for greater isolation/concentration. lots of volume and drop sets (if you start 60 lb db 10 reps, then 50s, 40s, 30s, etc) on machines you can do dropsets easier bc you just move the pins. 8-12 rep drop sets lowering weight by 10lbs each set, no breaks until 4 drops are completed.

forearms are my specialty, partly because genetics but also because i loved training them growing up. I still love training them i just had to stop because they were growing too much and overshadowing my upper arms. the key to forearm growth is similar to calves and traps, stubborn muscles that are worked 24-7 need VOLUME and heavy volume at that, not baby weight.

the way i achieved my forearm growth is heavy barbell wrist curls and heavy barbell reverse curls. by heavy wrist curls i mean at least 135lbs for 20 reps with full flexion and extension, at the bottom roll your fingers down then curl it up completely and squeeze. also you can do an exercise where you put your forearms on your knees with barbell extended out in front of your feet and extend your wrists up to hit top of forearm (opposite of wrist curl). there is another exercise that i like doing for top forearms i call praying mantis pull ups - it is basically pull ups with palms facing away from face but keep hands close together and like a praying mantis. when you pull to the top really emphasize the praying mantis aspect and curl wrists to flex forearms. also on every forearm exercise use Suicide grip (no thumbs). i also began utilizing suicide grip on almost every single lift and this really made my grip/forearm strength jump up. BUT be smart, if you are doing heavy barbell bench 4 reps, dont use suicide grip - only do it when it is safe. so when you do pull ups suicide grip. barbell/DB shrugs? suicide grip (i do suicide grip with 455lb barbell shrugs then when my grip gets fatigued i switch to mixed grip right forward then switch to left forward) any DB press or lighter barbell press suicide grip - this will also help you concentrate chest flexion more. deadlifts? suicide grip. (i can dead 315 with 3 finger grip) using suicide grip with deads also takes stress off the bicep. a mixed grip can put undue stress on one side of bicep, but using forward grip + suicide it emphasize stress on forearms more.

Top Bottom