napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet and Nutrition basics 101

Great read Rick! Quick question in regards to Test levels and protein. Can someone who has above physiological normal test level use/process more protein than that of someone who has normal test levels?
As test dude said, you absolutely will. AAS causes greater nitrogen retention and protein synthesis for more anabolism

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

This is a great app for counting calories and nutrients the name is food I'm use it on android I don't no if it is on iPhone and it's free it's very helpful

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Could someone help me with a 40/40/20 meal plan? Im a picky eater and would like to find something i can tolerate... cant eat 6 times a day either but would like to bulk a little.. 6ft tall 168lbs have somewhat of a flabby stomach for being a skinnier fella waiting on tools to get actual BF%
Any help is appreciated

Could someone help me with a 40/40/20 meal plan? Im a picky eater and would like to find something i can tolerate... cant eat 6 times a day either but would like to bulk a little.. 6ft tall 168lbs have somewhat of a flabby stomach for being a skinnier fella waiting on tools to get actual BF%
Any help is appreciated
I am certainly not a fan of percentage breakdowns. I set my protein to roughly 1.5g. per lb of bw. Set fats to about 0.45 per lb, and fill the rest in with carbs to hit my desired caloric intake.

Hey RickRock! I was wondering what advice you could give on my diet and exercise.

I'm 33. 6ft tall. 187 lbs.
I'm doing a 12 week cut with the cutting stack from sarmx.

What do you think about my daily calorie intake being 2300? My macros are:
Fat- 15%
Carb- 35%
Protein-50%

I eat clean. No sugar and very minimal salt. Usually 6 or 7 meals a day.

I take a daily multivitamin. I always have a whey protein shake after my workout. I add a banana and some bcaa in there as well. I use almond milk for the protein shake.

I've been lifting 5 or 6 days a week. I do 30 minutes of moderate cardio on an elliptical machine before I workout. I'm currently doing circuit training. I'm doing 5 or 6 moves without rest for a total of 140 reps. Take a 3 minute break and then do it all over again.

What do think about the food intake? What are your thoughts on my workout? I've thought about doing 20 minutes of cardio when I wake up, then do 20 minutes of cardio in the afternoon before my workout. I've heard conflicting opinions of doing 2 cardio sessions in one day.

Would Hiit be better then 30 minutes of moderate cardio?

Sometimes I do sprints or jump rope instead of the elliptical.

I'm always drained when I get finished. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to puke, so I know I'm putting in the work for sure. Everything seems to be progressing but this lower belly fat and lower back fat.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Hey RickRock! I was wondering what advice you could give on my diet and exercise.

I'm 33. 6ft tall. 187 lbs.
I'm doing a 12 week cut with the cutting stack from sarmx.

What do you think about my daily calorie intake being 2300? My macros are:
Fat- 15%
Carb- 35%
Protein-50%

I eat clean. No sugar and very minimal salt. Usually 6 or 7 meals a day.

I take a daily multivitamin. I always have a whey protein shake after my workout. I add a banana and some bcaa in there as well. I use almond milk for the protein shake.

I've been lifting 5 or 6 days a week. I do 30 minutes of moderate cardio on an elliptical machine before I workout. I'm currently doing circuit training. I'm doing 5 or 6 moves without rest for a total of 140 reps. Take a 3 minute break and then do it all over again.

What do think about the food intake? What are your thoughts on my workout? I've thought about doing 20 minutes of cardio when I wake up, then do 20 minutes of cardio in the afternoon before my workout. I've heard conflicting opinions of doing 2 cardio sessions in one day.

Would Hiit be better then 30 minutes of moderate cardio?

Sometimes I do sprints or jump rope instead of the elliptical.

I'm always drained when I get finished. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to puke, so I know I'm putting in the work for sure. Everything seems to be progressing but this lower belly fat and lower back fat.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Your numbers look pretty good to me right now. As long as it keeps you on track with progressing, no need to change it. You can always adjust as necessary

As for cardio, I don't see anything wrong with steady state. A little bit of HIIT is fine but doing too much of it will really stress the CNS. If you do it, limit it to no more than twice per week at 15 minutes max

Your numbers look pretty good to me right now. As long as it keeps you on track with progressing, no need to change it. You can always adjust as necessary

As for cardio, I don't see anything wrong with steady state. A little bit of HIIT is fine but doing too much of it will really stress the CNS. If you do it, limit it to no more than twice per week at 15 minutes max

Thanks bro! Just the info I was hoping for!

Normally I don't agree with percentages for macros, but in this case they're pretty spot on. I think calories might be a tad low to start (depending on TDEE), but you can always make adjustments if need be.

Normally I don't agree with percentages for macros, but in this case they're pretty spot on. I think calories might be a tad low to start (depending on TDEE), but you can always make adjustments if need be.
My job has me active all day. I work outside in the heat. Some days are worse then others as far as workload. How much would you suggest that I raise it? I've often thought about adding 100 or 200 more calories on the days I get a heavier workload.

My job has me active all day. I work outside in the heat. Some days are worse then others as far as workload. How much would you suggest that I raise it? I've often thought about adding 100 or 200 more calories on the days I get a heavier workload.

Unless you're in a "race" to hit a certain weight or body fat by a specific date, I always suggest to start higher and make adjustments when needed. I would start around 2600 calories, especially since you have a physically demanding job. Remember that recovery is a very important piece of the equation too, so I would nix the HIIT and use steady state as a form of active recovery.

Unless you're in a "race" to hit a certain weight or body fat by a specific date, I always suggest to start higher and make adjustments when needed. I would start around 2600 calories, especially since you have a physically demanding job. Remember that recovery is a very important piece of the equation too, so I would nix the HIIT and use steady state as a form of active recovery.
Okay, thanks! I'll give it a shot. I'll let you guys know how it's going.

You guys are probably going to eat me alive here after reading all these posts and how meticulous these diets are.

I never really had to diet, for some reason what ever I eat I stay the same weight, I may have fluctuated within 4-5 lbs 185-190 over the past ten years eating anything I wanted, whenever.
Now I know in order to put mass on now I have to eat more obviously, I want to do this pretty clean even really clean would be nice. I assume I'm currently taking in around 2500 calories on avg and that's eating at least one if not two bad meals a day.

I put together a protein list to make sure I am going to be getting enough of that. I added up the calories on those foods, and then other meats rice, veggies etc. and doing it clean like that I'm going to have to eat a shit ton of food to get over 3,000 calories.
If I'm going for bulk now is it detrimental to add in a bad meal to get the calories up, let's just say for assumption purposes I get in 2500 clean, would it be completely horrible to throw down a sausage mcmuffin with egg to get the extra 500 calories. Trying to figure this diet thing out is mind boggling lol. It is definitely challenging.

You guys are probably going to eat me alive here after reading all these posts and how meticulous these diets are.

I never really had to diet, for some reason what ever I eat I stay the same weight, I may have fluctuated within 4-5 lbs 185-190 over the past ten years eating anything I wanted, whenever.
Now I know in order to put mass on now I have to eat more obviously, I want to do this pretty clean even really clean would be nice. I assume I'm currently taking in around 2500 calories on avg and that's eating at least one if not two bad meals a day.

I put together a protein list to make sure I am going to be getting enough of that. I added up the calories on those foods, and then other meats rice, veggies etc. and doing it clean like that I'm going to have to eat a shit ton of food to get over 3,000 calories.
If I'm going for bulk now is it detrimental to add in a bad meal to get the calories up, let's just say for assumption purposes I get in 2500 clean, would it be completely horrible to throw down a sausage mcmuffin with egg to get the extra 500 calories. Trying to figure this diet thing out is mind boggling lol. It is definitely challenging.
It's not ideal bro at all, but not the end of the world either. I'd just really encourage you to make as many good clean food choices as you can, and keep the garbage to a minimum

Top Bottom