napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Car thread

I'm an old muscle/pony car guy. Been playing with those since I was a kid.

Sent from my SM-G900P

For sure bro. I was actually the the car guy.My boys learned because they always wanted to be with me. I did off chasis restorations as stress relief from my job. Loved the chevys from 1950-1959. Also like the the 61,62,64,68,69's. I also was pretty good at trick painting.Metal flake, Kandy Apple. Those were hard to master.Today they got it made with the three part paints.

My all time fav is from a car company that most of you never heard of.It was a Willys.They made the first Jeeps and made some awesome coups.My fav is the 1941 Willys coup.

Kandy Purple with light purple flames...and oh yeah...fully blown!

1941.jpg

have yall seen the new Bandit version of the Trans Am DAMNIT man I would love to have one just for a week!!! lol

Total sleeper!! Love it!!

LOL 2nd car was a 73 AMX

1st 78 Camaro
2nd 73 AMX
3rd 68 Chrysler 300
4th 80 Mustang GT (hated this POS)
5th 77 BelAir and a 78 LTD at the same time.
6th Toyata MR2 6cyl supercharged (can't remember the year) This thing was quick and stuck to turns like super glue!
7th Mercades C280
Presently a 2014 BMW Z4

But lately I'm craving a Porsche. I have car issues I get board easy.

I drive a 2008 Audi RS4, I'm an Audi enthusiast and member of my local Audi club and the main Audi Forum on line, a.k.a Audizine

LOL 2nd car was a 73 AMX

1st 78 Camaro
2nd 73 AMX
3rd 68 Chrysler 300
4th 80 Mustang GT (hated this POS)
5th 77 BelAir and a 78 LTD at the same time.
6th Toyata MR2 6cyl supercharged (can't remember the year) This thing was quick and stuck to turns like super glue!
7th Mercades C280
Presently a 2014 BMW Z4

But lately I'm craving a Porsche. I have car issues I get board easy.

Thats too bad dude. I love a clean fox. I had a 90 notch with a 347. One of the cars I miss the most. Porshes are damn cool too though. A buddy of mine sold his 03 cobra for an older 911. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G900P

You'd get more out of it with a single turbo conversion imo brother [emoji108]
What else have you done to her?

I just got this car 1 month ago. It came with some sweet after market wheels. I'll be getting darker tint on it to and there is no performance upgrades... Yet. I'll plan on getting a nismo exhaust and a cold air intake. A twin turbo I couldn't afford yet lol

Why a single turbo conversion?
Could go both ways dude. Really depends on what you want and how you're going to use it. Single turbo, you could go larger and make big power but it'll take longer to spool. Twins, you could go smaller and they'll spool faster, which would be fun for the street. Depends on what you want and how you set it up. I wouldn't say either option is better than the other.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Thats too bad dude. I love a clean fox. I had a 90 notch with a 347. One of the cars I miss the most. Porshes are damn cool too though. A buddy of mine sold his 03 cobra for an older 911. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Yea I think I got jammed up with a lemon. Damn thing never ran well for more than 2 months. LOL

Why a single turbo conversion?

In most cases, for top performance, a single turbo is preferable because larger turbos are generally more efficient than smaller turbos. The notion that two smaller turbos will build boost faster than one large turbo is not always accurate because even though the turbos are smaller, each one is only getting half of the exhaust flow.

In most cases, for top performance, a single turbo is preferable because larger turbos are generally more efficient than smaller turbos. The notion that two smaller turbos will build boost faster than one large turbo is not always accurate because even though the turbos are smaller, each one is only getting half of the exhaust flow.

oh I got ya. I'm still weary about getting a turbo. I could see it putting more wear and tear on the engine.

oh I got ya. I'm still weary about getting a turbo. I could see it putting more wear and tear on the engine.

I used to do a lot of turbo conversions on my cars before and turbos are amazing at what they're supposed to do but unfortunately put a lot of stress on the block, pistons and rods ect when using high boost!
I find the supercharger a more civilised application as it delivers the power and torque progressively so what I mean is the power builds up as the revs increase=more revs more boost, giving a much more linear delivery of such power/torque!

ya I picked up an 05 outback xt 2.5 turbo has 120k miles on it talk about a fast lil mf'r its def a sleeper looking like a grocery getter hahaha. I don't do mods and shit like that but I can hear the bearings in the turbo grinding a little, the banjo screens were taken out of the turbo because they clog and burn the damn things up but wtf guess that will cost a grand we shall see

Top Bottom