napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Wild physiques of the past

Achilles87 said:
Sorry drb, I hate that we all can't just talk and it's got to be via text because a lot of what I say gets looked at wrong. I'm not the best at making my point in a text lol so I take a lot of blame for it. I know exactly what you were saying in your post, it just made me think of my brother in law and how stupid he is when it comes to lifting it wasn't anything that you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its no problem brother! If we were to get mad everytime we hear bro science or something stupid you will drive your own self crazy, and I don't need NO help in that dept...lol!

Achilles87 said:
SpikedEggnog said:
Achilles87 said:
RickRock said:
"Achilles87" said:
One thing I hate hearing in the gym when I out bench or squat someone 3" taller than me "oh it's cause your 5'9 you can bench so much, if I was 5'9 I could bench 100 more pounds to". I'm not 5'4 like lee but he is and was an amazing looking man and had to train just as hard as anyone else to get his size. Sorry if I offended anyone buy this but I hate being told I can lift as much as I can because I'm short, even tho 5'9 ain't that short.

I hear ya man. Same dilemma for me. I'm also 5'9" and have been told the same since I can bench over twice my bodyweight, and I don't even powerlift. I don't consider 5'9" short enough to give you an advantage on lifts. It's the guys 6" shorter that get the benefit

That's exactly how I feel, I mean I'm not a midget lol. My brother in law everyone talks about how big he is blah blah blah, he's not that big at all he's like 6'2 240 pounds 25% bf I'm 5'9 220 pounds around 13 to 15% bf... But my family treats him like he's so strong and such a big man. Well he started lifting at my gym because "he can't workout like he wants to at his gym" we do chest together one day, I have been doing 315 on flat for my last set. It's heavy enough but not so heavy I can't rep it 10 times, well he gets under and gets it 5 times I help him 3 and he stops and gets up like he's a king. Me being pissed because he acts like he's so strong but can't do what I'm doing I get a little cocky, I put 405 on the bar I can do it 5 times alone I already know. I do it 5 times and get up for him to do it, he can't even do it one time. He gets up, I say not so big today huh... he looks at me and says if I was as short as you I would be benching 500. I lost it man said what I felt about him and left, still don't talk to his dumb ass. He always talks shit about how I lift even tho I'm stronger and thicker, he tells everyone I don't know how to lift and if he was 5'9 he would blow me out of the water. Sorry for the book guys lol I just can't stand people like that.

Ok man, shorter people do have mechanical advantage when it comes to lifting heavier weights BUT what this guy said is just STUPID. You still had to put in the work to get that strong despite being shorter or taller. PLUS we are all BBers on here anyways NOT powerlifters - i have nothing against powerlifting it is awesome but the people that go to the gym to try and impress others with how much they lift are Morons. there is a difference between powerlifting and EGO lifting, i cant stand that Nonsense, everyone has something to prove, i think its funny when i use lightweight and people are looking like what the?? I can lift way more then him..BUT they look like TRASH.

and dude your brother in law is FAT lol, 6'2", 240lbs at 25% BF?? thats FAT, i am 6'5" 225 lbs 10% BF and with clothes on he may look bigger but i can guarantee you take that shirt off and those Pancakes will come loose on his chest and that Gut will take independence like 4th of JULY

Oh trust me I know man hahaha he walks around shirtless all the time like he's big hahaha. I don't like to over kill lift, if I do I do it to see what I can do. I see guys all the time trying to lift as heavy as they can but they use their whole body lol. I just hear the oh your short often and it gets under my skin, I put in a lot of work and that's all I hear... Not your getting big oh man your getting strong, nope I just get told I'm short hahaha.

yeah i get it man, people say stuff regardless though. for me sophomore year high school, i think i was about 6'3" or so and i just started Dunking in basketball, and i had a buddy who was a little shorter then me about 6'1" he was dunking as well (although he could only do one hand dunk, I could do two hand dunk) they said that he had Hops and that I was just Tall. I was thinking to myself, what ?? so i cant jump at all im just tall but he can jump high? He is only two inches below me lol and I weighed more then him so i have to jump harder...Its the same concept dude lol i just get the opposite end of it. being 6'5" growing up constantly getting the SKINNY and BEAN POLE comments and all this trash so trust me i have a complex too you have the short complex i have the skinny complex, its from years of hearing that trash over and over driving me MENTAL, and now that i am 225 (from 160 when i started lifting), its like oh youre not that big or strong youre just Tall thats it, when I have stupid long arms/legs so i have to work twice as hard and eat twice as much as a normal size person to try and get mass otherwise I look strung out its frustrating....plus i take all the Flac from the short brodies - they start imaginary wars against me because they feel intimidated by my Size and are constantly sizing me up and trying to outlift me *which I could care less if they lift more*, crap gets OLD man im not trying to compete im just trying to Bodybuild for myself. So man I HEAR YOU it gets real old but at your height and weight you are pretty big and strong man, your bro in law is just taller and fatter lol...weaker too..

you know how many times I got over 200lbs? Not many.
I struggled one summer and used trenhex + trenA+500 test and hit 207lbs. The first thing everybody says is dude if you would put 20lbs on you could be this or that. WTF? I just struggled my ass off to get to this weight PLUS maitain 6% BF. There is always the wad who is going to say something ridiculos. You mature past all of that crap. Only you know you, and you only have your work ethic to satisfy.

Idk I look at bodybuilding and have an appreciation for yates, cutler, Rammy.... that's the shit 99.9% of the world can't do.

Aesthetics is awesome but there is something to be said about leaving humanity behind and becoming something maybe 1 our of every million people could ever do.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TX TERROR said:
Idk I look at bodybuilding and have an appreciation for yates, cutler, Rammy.... that's the shit 99.9% of the world can't do.

Aesthetics is awesome but there is something to be said about leaving humanity behind and becoming something maybe 1 our of every million people could ever do.

Unfortunately them guys are pushing the extreme way too far, and it just looks gross and ugly. It's no longer appealing to look at, and that is reflected by the shrinking audience at the large bodybuilding shows.i would be willing to bet because of all the drugs these guys push you'll see a lot of them drop dead in the next 10 years. Not a very good representation of the sport, and makes all bodybuilding look bad. They even scratched the ms. Olympia for the first time last year, because it got out of control and nobody wants to see that shit. The women look like men. They were asked to tone it down years ago and didn't listen, while getting bigger and bigger and less feminine, and they lost their contest because of it. They need to start doing that to the open men's division as well. There's a reason men's physique is taking over. It's more apealing to look at and draws the crowd, and them guys have the closest thing to classic bodybuilding from 30+ years ago that walks on that stage

Re: RE: Re: Wild physiques of the past

RickRock said:
TX TERROR said:

Unfortunately them guys are pushing the extreme way too far, and it just looks gross and ugly. It's no longer appealing to look at, and that is reflected by the shrinking audience at the large bodybuilding shows.i would be willing to bet because of all the drugs these guys push you'll see a lot of them drop dead in the next 10 years. Not a very good representation of the sport, and makes all bodybuilding look bad. They even scratched the ms. Olympia for the first time last year, because it got out of control and nobody wants to see that shit. The women look like men. They were asked to tone it down years ago and didn't listen, while getting bigger and bigger and less feminine, and they lost their contest because of it. They need to start doing that to the open men's division as well. There's a reason men's physique is taking over. It's more apealing to look at and draws the crowd, and them guys have the closest thing to classic bodybuilding from 30+ years ago that walks on that stage
Ya no doubt. It's become more of a circus act at the Olympia level. Let's go see the freaks lol.

Can you imagine what body building will be in 40 years? lol.

markdevito said:
middle aged fat guy said:
Who do you think had a great physique? I had a quick look through youtube and came up with a couple I think were good :)

Sergio Olivia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt8QHgw83eE

Levrone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ZSMo7q1I8

Lee Priest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5hManWddv8

Lee Priest's legs are the fucking truth.

Yeah lee priest had some legs. His full squat was about 4 inches considering he was 5'4. Now this old school dude was pretty good to.[attachment=0:24fu6ptm]tom platz.jpg[/attachment:24fu6ptm]

Attachments

• tom platz.jpg
    tom platz.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 28
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wild physiques of the past

TX TERROR said:
RickRock said:
"TX TERROR" said:

Ya no doubt. It's become more of a circus act at the Olympia level. Let's go see the freaks lol.

Can you imagine what body building will be in 40 years? lol.

It does make you wonder what direction the sport is headed for the future

[attachment=1:2z8ib5ob]Celebrity+Fitness+Trainer+Larysa+DiDio+Partners+knYXKaOJLaNl.jpg[/attachment:2z8ib5ob]Well for the ms O...your choice.[attachment=2:2z8ib5ob]roided.png[/attachment:2z8ib5ob]
[attachment=2:2z8ib5ob]roided.png[/attachment:2z8ib5ob]

Attachments

• roided.png
    roided.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Celebrity+Fitness+Trainer+Larysa+DiDio+Partners+knYXKaOJLaNl.jpg
    Celebrity+Fitness+Trainer+Larysa+DiDio+Partners+knYXKaOJLaNl.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 130
  • kira-stokes-bfx-studio-c-barre-class-review-.jpg
    kira-stokes-bfx-studio-c-barre-class-review-.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 130
drb_iac said:
markdevito said:
middle aged fat guy":1c28zgm0]Who do you think had a great physique? I had a quick look through youtube and came up with a couple I think were good :) [b] Sergio Olivia:[/b] [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt8QHgw83eE said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt8QHgw83eE[/url]

Levrone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ZSMo7q1I8

Lee Priest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5hManWddv8

Lee Priest's legs are the fucking truth.

Yeah lee priest had some legs. His full squat was about 4 inches considering he was 5'4. Now this old school dude was pretty good to.[attachment=0:1c28zgm0]tom platz.jpg[/attachment:1c28zgm0][/quote:1c28zgm0]

These old school physiques are really perfect in my opinion. Also, I envy those with a serious leg game.

I dont discredit shorter guys in any way for achieving what they have in terms of strength, life is unfair we are all dealt different cards, people who try to judge everything on an equal playing field are childish and have yet to except reality. Achilles 405x5 is just as good as anyone else's and you are strong as hell.

To put it into perspective though at least in my experience i definitely struggle with bench press as im not only tallish at 6'2" 240 10%bf but have long arms even for my size. My bench press is currently sitting at 405 for a 1RM but my deadlift is at 745 1RM. I like it that way and have no problem with it, i honestly think if i was willing to sacrifice i could go for a deadlift title because of my long ass arms. I wont but if i did i would murder anyone who would try to take that away from me.

XENO

jma0101_Dec_55.jpg

mmi0302.jpg

Muscle_Builder_Power_May_1974_Lou_Ferrigno_Bodyb.jpg

DD3.jpg

12270115358.jpg

71gtmd.jpg

dprrbx.jpg

muscle_and_body_august_07.jpg

RAQUELWELCHWHITE_copy.jpg

Top Bottom