napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Wild physiques of the past

JackSteel said:
I'll always say my #1 favorite is Lee Priest at age 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee priest was 5'4. Just like the heavyweight champ of the world no one cares when you are that small....or the flyweight champ of the world. Lee's bench press was a total movement of 4 inches as was his squat. This gives these tiny guys a big advantage in training. A big arnold or lou has a bench press from chest to fully extended is almost 2 feet. Way harder for a big guy then a little guy. I respect all of them. Just like boyer coe..he worked hard but would never get the recognition of the big guys. Just the way it is.

drb_iac said:
JackSteel said:
I'll always say my #1 favorite is Lee Priest at age 21

Lee priest was 5'4. Just like the heavyweight champ of the world no one cares when you are that small....or the flyweight champ of the world. Lee's bench press was a total movement of 4 inches as was his squat. This gives these tiny guys a big advantage in training. A big arnold or lou has a bench press from chest to fully extended is almost 2 feet. Way harder for a big guy then a little guy. I respect all of them. Just like boyer coe..he worked hard but would never get the recognition of the big guys. Just the way it is.
Yeah fuckin short guys have it easy lol as far as heavy lifting goes. But yeah Lee had a cult following but never got enough spot light IMO. He's been a Greek god since he was like 13. Also not a heavy doser on juice so he has some great genes too.

Don Howarth:
image.jpg

Vince:
image.jpg

Sergio:
image.jpg

Sergio_72_O_FDB.jpg

Loyd:
tumblr_n6w4hn_P3_DB1smifzjo1_500.jpg

Pearl:
Pearl.jpg

Nubret:
serge11.jpg

middle aged fat guy said:
haha! yeah I probably shouldn't have trashed the thread with his bullshit. Check this out man, it's the entrance at my gym.
1097956_260233464143933_399027134_n.jpg

Holy shit man! That is frickin sweet! I have a big poster of that same shot of Arnold framed downstairs in my man cave :D

middle aged fat guy said:
Don Howarth:
image.jpg

Vince:
image.jpg

Sergio:
image.jpg

Sergio_72_O_FDB.jpg

Loyd:
tumblr_n6w4hn_P3_DB1smifzjo1_500.jpg

Pearl:
Pearl.jpg

Nubret:
serge11.jpg

Yeah bro that is some of the best right there. THE WISDOM OF PEARL Bro. He was just like vince..way before his time. Other greats like Harold Poole and Larry Scott. Go back even further and check out John C Grimek. Awesome dudes! lLoyd too...just awesome in a different way...lol

One thing I hate hearing in the gym when I out bench or squat someone 3" taller than me "oh it's cause your 5'9 you can bench so much, if I was 5'9 I could bench 100 more pounds to". I'm not 5'4 like lee but he is and was an amazing looking man and had to train just as hard as anyone else to get his size. Sorry if I offended anyone buy this but I hate being told I can lift as much as I can because I'm short, even tho 5'9 ain't that short.

Re: RE: Re: Wild physiques of the past

Achilles87 said:
One thing I hate hearing in the gym when I out bench or squat someone 3" taller than me "oh it's cause your 5'9 you can bench so much, if I was 5'9 I could bench 100 more pounds to". I'm not 5'4 like lee but he is and was an amazing looking man and had to train just as hard as anyone else to get his size. Sorry if I offended anyone buy this but I hate being told I can lift as much as I can because I'm short, even tho 5'9 ain't that short.

I hear ya man. Same dilemma for me. I'm also 5'9" and have been told the same since I can bench over twice my bodyweight, and I don't even powerlift. I don't consider 5'9" short enough to give you an advantage on lifts. It's the guys 6" shorter that get the benefit

RickRock said:
Achilles87 said:

I hear ya man. Same dilemma for me. I'm also 5'9" and have been told the same since I can bench over twice my bodyweight, and I don't even powerlift. I don't consider 5'9" short enough to give you an advantage on lifts. It's the guys 6" shorter that get the benefit

That's exactly how I feel, I mean I'm not a midget lol. My brother in law everyone talks about how big he is blah blah blah, he's not that big at all he's like 6'2 240 pounds 25% bf I'm 5'9 220 pounds around 13 to 15% bf... But my family treats him like he's so strong and such a big man. Well he started lifting at my gym because "he can't workout like he wants to at his gym" we do chest together one day, I have been doing 315 on flat for my last set. It's heavy enough but not so heavy I can't rep it 10 times, well he gets under and gets it 5 times I help him 3 and he stops and gets up like he's a king. Me being pissed because he acts like he's so strong but can't do what I'm doing I get a little cocky, I put 405 on the bar I can do it 5 times alone I already know. I do it 5 times and get up for him to do it, he can't even do it one time. He gets up, I say not so big today huh... he looks at me and says if I was as short as you I would be benching 500. I lost it man said what I felt about him and left, still don't talk to his dumb ass. He always talks shit about how I lift even tho I'm stronger and thicker, he tells everyone I don't know how to lift and if he was 5'9 he would blow me out of the water. Sorry for the book guys lol I just can't stand people like that.

Re: RE: Wild physiques of the past

Achilles87 said:
RickRock said:
"Achilles87" said:

That's exactly how I feel, I mean I'm not a midget lol. My brother in law everyone talks about how big he is blah blah blah, he's not that big at all he's like 6'2 240 pounds 25% bf I'm 5'9 220 pounds around 13 to 15% bf... But my family treats him like he's so strong and such a big man. Well he started lifting at my gym because "he can't workout like he wants to at his gym" we do chest together one day, I have been doing 315 on flat for my last set. It's heavy enough but not so heavy I can't rep it 10 times, well he gets under and gets it 5 times I help him 3 and he stops and gets up like he's a king. Me being pissed because he acts like he's so strong but can't do what I'm doing I get a little cocky, I put 405 on the bar I can do it 5 times alone I already know. I do it 5 times and get up for him to do it, he can't even do it one time. He gets up, I say not so big today huh... he looks at me and says if I was as short as you I would be benching 500. I lost it man said what I felt about him and left, still don't talk to his dumb ass. He always talks shit about how I lift even tho I'm stronger and thicker, he tells everyone I don't know how to lift and if he was 5'9 he would blow me out of the water. Sorry for the book guys lol I just can't stand people like that.

You don't know how much that hits home for me, and I understand it completely man. It's bullshit and childish how some of them guys act, especially when they can't back all their talk up

Achilles87 said:

I think you are missing the point. It is not about how much weight. But a 5'4 dude has a motion range on the bench press for instance, from chest to extened arms of many inches less than a tall guy. The same goes for squats. This is sad but true but even a great like lee will never place in top 5 of a mr o. It is just the way it is. Being that his range of motion for benches and squats is less than a taller person, it makes it easier for him to use perfect technique in his full range of motion. I have seen this in kinesiology over and over. It doesn't mean that he didn't work his ass off, nor does it take away from his character. But like I said when Ali, or rocky marciano, mike tyson were champs who was the flyweight champ? Nobody knows, because it is the big heavyweights that get the attention. Have you ever seen any guy who is over say 6'8" have any bulk. They are string beans and usually cannot gain weight. Then look at a dwarf..they are almost always overweight. The only really big guy that I have seen really carry a lot of weight is Shaq. I am 6'2 and struggle all the time to stay at 195-200lbs.It is nothing personal , just my observations

Achilles87 said:
RickRock said:
Achilles87 said:

Ok man, shorter people do have mechanical advantage when it comes to lifting heavier weights BUT what this guy said is just STUPID. You still had to put in the work to get that strong despite being shorter or taller. PLUS we are all BBers on here anyways NOT powerlifters - i have nothing against powerlifting it is awesome but the people that go to the gym to try and impress others with how much they lift are Morons. there is a difference between powerlifting and EGO lifting, i cant stand that Nonsense, everyone has something to prove, i think its funny when i use lightweight and people are looking like what the?? I can lift way more then him..BUT they look like TRASH.

and dude your brother in law is FAT lol, 6'2", 240lbs at 25% BF?? thats FAT, i am 6'5" 225 lbs 10% BF and with clothes on he may look bigger but i can guarantee you take that shirt off and those Pancakes will come loose on his chest and that Gut will take independence like 4th of JULY

drb_iac said:
Achilles87 said:

I think you are missing the point. It is not about how much weight. But a 5'4 dude has a motion range on the bench press for instance, from chest to extened arms of many inches less than a tall guy. The same goes for squats. This is sad but true but even a great like lee will never place in top 5 of a mr o. It is just the way it is. Being that his range of motion for benches and squats is less than a taller person, it makes it easier for him to use perfect technique in his full range of motion. I have seen this in kinesiology over and over. It doesn't mean that he didn't work his ass off, nor does it take away from his character. But like I said when Ali, or rocky marciano, mike tyson were champs who was the flyweight champ? Nobody knows, because it is the big heavyweights that get the attention. Have you ever seen any guy who is over say 6'8" have any bulk. They are string beans and usually cannot gain weight. Then look at a dwarf..they are almost always overweight. The only really big guy that I have seen really carry a lot of weight is Shaq. I am 6'2 and struggle all the time to stay at 195-200lbs.It is nothing personal , just my observations

I think you took me wrong, I'm saying for me when someone says that about me. That's why I said I'm not 5'4 I'm 5'9, so for someone to tell me they could out bench me when they are just 3" taller than me blows me away. I agree if I was 5'4 and my weight I would look crazy because I would only be 5'4 and everyone would look at me as only being 5'4. I was just posting my own personal experience with guys taller than me and how they treat me. I'm not a midget but far from being over 6' tall but come on I can cleanly bench 425, is it because I'm 5'9 with shorter arms like guys I was talking about say... I don't really think so but that's how they look at it my brother in law being one and it pisses me off. My post was not pointed at you in any way, just that lee looks good no matter how short he is lol. It was just to the people that are 6' tall that think their bench would go up 100 pounds if they were 5'9 like me, I don't see that happening for them but I could be wrong.

SpikedEggnog said:
Achilles87 said:
RickRock said:
"Achilles87" said:

Ok man, shorter people do have mechanical advantage when it comes to lifting heavier weights BUT what this guy said is just STUPID. You still had to put in the work to get that strong despite being shorter or taller. PLUS we are all BBers on here anyways NOT powerlifters - i have nothing against powerlifting it is awesome but the people that go to the gym to try and impress others with how much they lift are Morons. there is a difference between powerlifting and EGO lifting, i cant stand that Nonsense, everyone has something to prove, i think its funny when i use lightweight and people are looking like what the?? I can lift way more then him..BUT they look like TRASH.

and dude your brother in law is FAT lol, 6'2", 240lbs at 25% BF?? thats FAT, i am 6'5" 225 lbs 10% BF and with clothes on he may look bigger but i can guarantee you take that shirt off and those Pancakes will come loose on his chest and that Gut will take independence like 4th of JULY

Oh trust me I know man hahaha he walks around shirtless all the time like he's big hahaha. I don't like to over kill lift, if I do I do it to see what I can do. I see guys all the time trying to lift as heavy as they can but they use their whole body lol. I just hear the oh your short often and it gets under my skin, I put in a lot of work and that's all I hear... Not your getting big oh man your getting strong, nope I just get told I'm short hahaha.

Achilles87 said:
drb_iac said:
Achilles87 said:

I think you took me wrong, I'm saying for me when someone says that about me. That's why I said I'm not 5'4 I'm 5'9, so for someone to tell me they could out bench me when they are just 3" taller than me blows me away. I agree if I was 5'4 and my weight I would look crazy because I would only be 5'4 and everyone would look at me as only being 5'4. I was just posting my own personal experience with guys taller than me and how they treat me. I'm not a midget but far from being over 6' tall but come on I can cleanly bench 425, is it because I'm 5'9 with shorter arms like guys I was talking about say... I don't really think so but that's how they look at it my brother in law being one and it pisses me off. My post was not pointed at you in any way, just that lee looks good no matter how short he is lol. It was just to the people that are 6' tall that think their bench would go up 100 pounds if they were 5'9 like me, I don't see that happening for them but I could be wrong.

Oh...ok I got ya. Yeah I agree ..that is pretty stupid.

Sorry drb, I hate that we all can't just talk and it's got to be via text because a lot of what I say gets looked at wrong. I'm not the best at making my point in a text lol so I take a lot of blame for it. I know exactly what you were saying in your post, it just made me think of my brother in law and how stupid he is when it comes to lifting it wasn't anything that you said.

Honestly you probly can bench more because your arms are shorter. There is something to be said about that. Its basic gravity and leverage. You have a shorter distance to bring the bar down and your shorter arms create a steonger counter lever type action. And more leverage.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Top Bottom