napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Where do you find shirts...

that just comes down to the designer bro... each designer is different and you really need to just try different styles on because the cuts and designers all do things differently...

not really... they all run different and i dont have that issue... i always have things custom fit anyway so im probably not the best to ask

Larger in the shoulders, neck, and arms but not the waist? Polo, casual button-down, and dress shirts.

i just do mens wearhouse for all my stuff, im in real estate so i have to be business casual. I just go with large if its a slim fit or a medium if its normal fit/baggier shirt like henley t shirts. Not sure what your style or taste is.

I’m learning to be more stylish. I was obese for several years, found out I had chronically low T levels (<160), fixed it, lost fat, mental capacity improved significantly. I’m at a point now where simply buying a larger shirt means it’ll fit my shoulders and chest better but will look sloppy on the waist.
I bought a suit at men’s warehouse a couple years ago. I was a 44S with 46 waist then. Now I’m a 48S (technically 47, but I don’t know if they do odd numbers) with 38 waist, still dropping the waist. My waist is looser in my shirts now but the shoulders and arms are tight enough they restrict movement and feel annoyingly tight.
Sounds like it will help if I at least go and get measured professionally.
I’m a consultant full-time but also helping with my wife’s real estate company, so I’m often at open houses and meeting people.

Last edited:
I’m learning to be more stylish. I was obese for several years, found out I had chronically low T levels (<160), fixed it, lost fat, mental capacity improved significantly. I’m at a point now where simply buying a larger shirt means it’ll fit my shoulders and chest better but will look sloppy on the waist.
I bought a suit at men’s warehouse a couple years ago. I was a 44S with 46 waist then. Now I’m a 48S (technically 47, but I don’t know if they do odd numbers) with 38 waist, still dropping the waist. My waist is looser in my shirts now but the shoulders and arms are tight enough they restrict movement and feel annoyingly tight.
Sounds like it will help if I at least go and get measured professionally.
I’m a consultant full-time but also helping with my wife’s real estate company, so I’m often at open houses and meeting people.

my best reccomendation is to lose all the desired fat/weight and get to where you feel good at before investing in clothes, if you go from a 38 waist now to a 32-34, then most likely youll not only need new pants but new shirts too. Many clothing brands arent made specifically for big jacked guys.

Ahh the quest for the perfect fitting shirt. Lifters are always in search for the perfect T lol I go with large on some stuff and XL on other everything fits so differnt that why I hate buying online you never know how it’s going to fit.

my best reccomendation is to lose all the desired fat/weight and get to where you feel good at before investing in clothes, if you go from a 38 waist now to a 32-34, then most likely youll not only need new pants but new shirts too. Many clothing brands arent made specifically for big jacked guys.

Good advice.

All the manufacturers are different. If you have a lot of muscle and are lean there's really no ideal fit unless its tailored. Most of my shirts are snug throughout the chest, back, arms and shoulders but have a lot of room at the waist. They make shirts for normal people. Not freaks lol

Try regular fit shirts from Bonobos.com a little pricey but the shirt bottoms aren't as bulky. The athletic fit pants are the best fitting pants IMO.

Express, AE, Buckle, they all have shirts like this. What you actually want is to look at the fit. Depending on where you are purchasing your clothes from it will be either Athletic or fitted. Those will be wider in the chest and shoulders and taper in at the waist. Slim fit is narrow throughout. Classic or traditional is wide throughout. The problem you will run into is that most brick and mortar stores only carry classic or traditional so check their websites. I purchase a lot of clothes online so I can get the athletic or fitted versions.

Suits off the rack do not come in 47. I’m a big fan of Brooks Brothers and Jos. A Bank. They can custom make you shirts, pants, and suits. I’ve worked for both. Brooks Brother will cost more and better quality but Jos A Bank quality is good as well. Hope that helps

Thanks, your comments are all great. I’ve noticed a lot of my clothes are similarly designed proportion wise, so I’ll need a total wardrobe replacement soon.

Top Bottom