napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

TRT, Deca, SARMS....what has worked best for me

OK guys, one of the best things about being on an excellent forum is the real feedback you can get from the members. There are plenty of profiles on compounds, plenty of clinical studies, but what also helps in trying different protocols with different compounds and such is the real feedback from members who are actual users. I thought I would share a summary of the past two years for me on TRT and what has worked best for me with adding other compounds for growth, gainzzzz and recomp (reduced body fat).

My stats/bio: I'm 54 years old, just a little bit taller than 6'3". My natural body type is that of basketball player, so I'm always trying to add size. I'm naturally pretty lean. At 225lbs I have the look of a yoked NBA player, or bigger NFL wide receiver (Julio Jones, Terrel Owens). I've been a gym rat my whole life, I was in the Navy for my first 6 years out of high school. I served on submarines and was a scuba diver, at 24 years old I entered college and walked on the basketball team who competed NAIA in the Peachbelt Conference. I only played one year due to time constraints and I was a non-scholasrhiped. Always looking to add size back then 80's, I did experiment with Dbol and Deca, but Test was not around back then. I was probably taking fake stuff because I never saw much results, if I added size I assumed it was from lifting heavy. A few years later, I found myself married and eventually with three kids. Being a life long gym rat, I never quit the gym, however I did not have the time to try and experiment with compounds......I stayed with creatine, whey protein, BCAA's etc. (Which are staples today). Once I approached my late 40's, body still looks good at about 220lbs, 10%bf, but for some reason my A1c at my annual physicals was creeping up to pre diabetes. I researched hard, and found that increasing your testosterone levels to peak normal will reduce your blood sugar better than any other treatment. My A1c had crept up to 6.4, so I eventually found a clinic Dr. in Tampa, FL who was willing to treat me (my total Test was 479, and Free Test 11.4) based on my age and diagnosed pre-diabetes. Then my TRT journey began.

So, like the subject line teases, here's what's worked best for me:

TRT: My prescribed TRT weekly dose is 160mg. I had enough test to experiment at 200mg a week. I found out Test is real tricky with me because of aromatization. When I first started I tried my best to avoid having to take an AI (many guys do not have to take an AI at TRT doses). on TRT. My ankles began to swell, E2 crept up to 60, I "watered up" to 231lbs, BP was a little high and crazy acne on my back crept in, so I eventually had to take the AI. After about 6 months, I was completely dialed in, so nowadays.......I leave my TRT weekly dose exactly where it is prescribed.......160mg Test cyp a week, divided into two weekly doses. TRT at this dose is my weekly base to do other things with other compounds and not have to worry about PCT.

Deca: I started off with Deca at 200mg a week when I was still taking 200mg a week of Test Cyp. For me, I found out two things regarding Deca and me: 1.) I respond to Deca really, really well and 2.) I virtually have no side effects at all from Deca. That's a winning combo. By nature, I'm a "hard gainer", "high metabolism" and a "high absorption rate" guy.......I've increased my Deca up to 300mg a week. I absolutely love it. My muscularity has increased, and I lost just a little more fat in the abs, lean and hard. I absolutely feel great on Deca too. I know some guys on here will look at this and say....."Always keep Test and Deca weekly dose equal", but for me I have a harder time tolerating higher Test, but no problems at all with Deca. Prolactin for me is not a problem at all. I do use a DHT (Bayer Proviron from Hipo), this helps keep the Deca sides down. But for me with the Deca / Test combo, the key for me was to get the Test correct first, then add the Deca, than add a little more Deca.

SARMS: I love GW, LGD, and Ostarine. I have also used SR9009. The only reason I have not stayed with the SR9009 and have not tried the others is because the multi dosing throughout the day. It's too inconvenient for me to dose throughout the day. But the combination of GW, LGD and Ostarine is amazing. The strength, the fullness you get in your muscles, the sense of well being.......off the charts. GW has been a real winner for the V02 for me, and the improvement in my blood sugar and lipids. These three together are unbelievable. Several of us on here are now saying no more need for orals with the availability of these SARMS.

No more Orals: I've tried Anavar and Tbol at different times last summer from a reputable source, they did nothing from me. For both compounds I was playing it safe at 40mg a day, 6 weeks. I tried Tbol this year, last month. I tried 60mg a day for 5 weeks. It did nothing for me. I will not experiment with orals anymore.

Forum - being on a board like this: What has helped me is being on this great forum. If you go about experimenting with AAS, or try TRT (even with Dr's prescription) you need to be on a peer group like this board. This is the best board I've seen and have been on. We have a wealth of knowledge here, we have us older guys who need to be more mindful of what we are putting into our bodies (me, Drb, Bouneas and some others), and we have the guys in their thirties and forties (Dylan and Rick Rock, NY) and we have the young guns TX Terror and such. We have guys who are on here everyday RockMudd who genuinely share their experiences because they are "givers" type of people and they care. When you are messing around with this stuff, it is very important to stay connected on a forum like this..........don't try to do this alone and without advice. Sure, see your Dr, get advice from him too.......but always check in with the forum. And guys, thank you to all of you who contribute to this board. Just because I didn't mention you, does not mean I don't see your inputs and appreciate all you do.

All right.......so there you have it......what has worked best for me these past two years. Have a great Memorial Day all!

flat out awesome post... you ALWAYS have quality posts with a lot of substance and i just love that... thank you for your contributions and your well thought out and informative posts... they truly help in so many ways... thank you for the quality feedback bro

Good feedback bro. Love to hear what works or not from different users

Thanks man........I agree.......everyone is different and I agree it is very useful to actually hear what works for different guys. Look at me, 160mg Test / 300 Deca? It works great for me!

i could not see myself anywhere else as far as frequent forums as well this place is great and thanks for the compliment but hey we are all here for the same thing to share experiences learn and help each other and newbies we were all there at one time or another. Great post glad you are dialed in to perfection

flat out awesome post... you ALWAYS have quality posts with a lot of substance and i just love that... thank you for your contributions and your well thought out and informative posts... they truly help in so many ways... thank you for the quality feedback bro

Thanks Dylan.......I get a lot from the forum and I really appreciate you and everyone here. I thought a two year summary for what's worked for me could be helpful for sure. Have a great Memorial Weekend!

Thanks Dylan.......I get a lot from the forum and I really appreciate you and everyone here. I thought a two year summary for what's worked for me could be helpful for sure. Have a great Memorial Weekend!

absolutely brother... you have a great one too... thanks again for always posting with HIGH QUALITY... your one whose posts i can actually look forward to...

OK guys, one of the best things about being on an excellent forum is the real feedback you can get from the members. There are plenty of profiles on compounds, plenty of clinical studies, but what also helps in trying different protocols with different compounds and such is the real feedback from members who are actual users. I thought I would share a summary of the past two years for me on TRT and what has worked best for me with adding other compounds for growth, gainzzzz and recomp (reduced body fat).

My stats/bio: I'm 54 years old, just a little bit taller than 6'3". My natural body type is that of basketball player, so I'm always trying to add size. I'm naturally pretty lean. At 225lbs I have the look of a yoked NBA player, or bigger NFL wide receiver (Julio Jones, Terrel Owens). I've been a gym rat my whole life, I was in the Navy for my first 6 years out of high school. I served on submarines and was a scuba diver, at 24 years old I entered college and walked on the basketball team who competed NAIA in the Peachbelt Conference. I only played one year due to time constraints and I was a non-scholasrhiped. Always looking to add size back then 80's, I did experiment with Dbol and Deca, but Test was not around back then. I was probably taking fake stuff because I never saw much results, if I added size I assumed it was from lifting heavy. A few years later, I found myself married and eventually with three kids. Being a life long gym rat, I never quit the gym, however I did not have the time to try and experiment with compounds......I stayed with creatine, whey protein, BCAA's etc. (Which are staples today). Once I approached my late 40's, body still looks good at about 220lbs, 10%bf, but for some reason my A1c at my annual physicals was creeping up to pre diabetes. I researched hard, and found that increasing your testosterone levels to peak normal will reduce your blood sugar better than any other treatment. My A1c had crept up to 6.4, so I eventually found a clinic Dr. in Tampa, FL who was willing to treat me (my total Test was 479, and Free Test 11.4) based on my age and diagnosed pre-diabetes. Then my TRT journey began.

So, like the subject line teases, here's what's worked best for me:

TRT: My prescribed TRT weekly dose is 160mg. I had enough test to experiment at 200mg a week. I found out Test is real tricky with me because of aromatization. When I first started I tried my best to avoid having to take an AI (many guys do not have to take an AI at TRT doses). on TRT. My ankles began to swell, E2 crept up to 60, I "watered up" to 231lbs, BP was a little high and crazy acne on my back crept in, so I eventually had to take the AI. After about 6 months, I was completely dialed in, so nowadays.......I leave my TRT weekly dose exactly where it is prescribed.......160mg Test cyp a week, divided into two weekly doses. TRT at this dose is my weekly base to do other things with other compounds and not have to worry about PCT.

Deca: I started off with Deca at 200mg a week when I was still taking 200mg a week of Test Cyp. For me, I found out two things regarding Deca and me: 1.) I respond to Deca really, really well and 2.) I virtually have no side effects at all from Deca. That's a winning combo. By nature, I'm a "hard gainer", "high metabolism" and a "high absorption rate" guy.......I've increased my Deca up to 300mg a week. I absolutely love it. My muscularity has increased, and I lost just a little more fat in the abs, lean and hard. I absolutely feel great on Deca too. I know some guys on here will look at this and say....."Always keep Test and Deca weekly dose equal", but for me I have a harder time tolerating higher Test, but no problems at all with Deca. Prolactin for me is not a problem at all. I do use a DHT (Bayer Proviron from Hipo), this helps keep the Deca sides down. But for me with the Deca / Test combo, the key for me was to get the Test correct first, then add the Deca, than add a little more Deca.

SARMS: I love GW, LGD, and Ostarine. I have also used SR9009. The only reason I have not stayed with the SR9009 and have not tried the others is because the multi dosing throughout the day. It's too inconvenient for me to dose throughout the day. But the combination of GW, LGD and Ostarine is amazing. The strength, the fullness you get in your muscles, the sense of well being.......off the charts. GW has been a real winner for the V02 for me, and the improvement in my blood sugar and lipids. These three together are unbelievable. Several of us on here are now saying no more need for orals with the availability of these SARMS.

No more Orals: I've tried Anavar and Tbol at different times last summer from a reputable source, they did nothing from me. For both compounds I was playing it safe at 40mg a day, 6 weeks. I tried Tbol this year, last month. I tried 60mg a day for 5 weeks. It did nothing for me. I will not experiment with orals anymore.

Forum - being on a board like this: What has helped me is being on this great forum. If you go about experimenting with AAS, or try TRT (even with Dr's prescription) you need to be on a peer group like this board. This is the best board I've seen and have been on. We have a wealth of knowledge here, we have us older guys who need to be more mindful of what we are putting into our bodies (me, Drb, Bouneas and some others), and we have the guys in their thirties and forties (Dylan and Rick Rock, NY) and we have the young guns TX Terror and such. We have guys who are on here everyday RockMudd who genuinely share their experiences because they are "givers" type of people and they care. When you are messing around with this stuff, it is very important to stay connected on a forum like this..........don't try to do this alone and without advice. Sure, see your Dr, get advice from him too.......but always check in with the forum. And guys, thank you to all of you who contribute to this board. Just because I didn't mention you, does not mean I don't see your inputs and appreciate all you do.

All right.......so there you have it......what has worked best for me these past two years. Have a great Memorial Day all!
Thanks for sharing this. My experience is similar. Just outta curiosity, did your Tampa test clinic work with your health insurance? Im in need of Trt and I'm getting jerked around by doctors.

No, they do not file insurance for you. However, their pricing came out to be cheaper than if I had gone through my insurance. Example my copay for most doctors locally was going to be $25 per visit. So even for one weekly injection $25 per week would have ended up being one hundred bucks per month. The solution with the Tampa Dr was much much cheaper than this. So it worked out to be cheaper than filing it with insurance for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No, they do not file insurance for you. However, their pricing came out to be cheaper than if I had gone through my insurance. Example my copay for most doctors locally was going to be $25 per visit. So even for one weekly injection $25 per week would have ended up being one hundred bucks per month. The solution with the Tampa Dr was much much cheaper than this. So it worked out to be cheaper than filing it with insurance for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok yeah sounds about right. Thanks bro!

Top Bottom